Urban Decay Matte eyeshadow in Yeyo

Urban Decay Matte eyeshadow in Yeyo
Matte eyeshadow in Yeyo

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/31/2010 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really like Yeyo! (slang term for "cocaine," but it does remind me of Tony Montana in Scarface...and that is NEVER a bad thing!!) :D It's a powder/snow white with no chalkiness whatsoever. It is silky smooth and applies like a dream. This is not shimmery enough and is too sheer to use as a highlight color, but I do love to use it under my eyes. It gives my face a subtle, brightening effect, and what girl couldn't use that?! I bought this for $17 at Ulta and I will definitely repurchase.

on 7/25/2010 10:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I prefer Gesso over this. Yeyo was too sheer and didn't give any payoff at all. Its sheerer than face pressed powder on me:(

on 6/17/2010 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I never would have imagined myself wanting a matte white shadow, but when I went on a matte eyeshadow kick recently, I decided I needed a good all-purpose matte highlight shade.

I love Urban Decay's matte eyeshadows, and Yeyo turned out to be just what I wanted.

Yeyo is white white and absolutely matte, but it's silky, without even a trace of chalkiness. I agree 100% with the reviewer who remarked that Yeyo makes you look like you've had a good night's sleep.

Apply Yeyo on the inner corners of your upper lids, and it will pop your eyes wide open!

I'm very pale (NW15), and Yeyo subtly but effectively "lights up" my face, anywhere I put it.

The packaging is fine, consisting of a sturdy mirrorless flip-top compact designed to resemble a subway token.

I'll always want this one on hand, I think.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Got this as a birthday present and was quite excited to use this. I have tried UD matte eyeshadows and they are amazing when you don't want tons of glitter on your face. I expected this to be a really nice pigmented white but sadly it hardly shows up on the face. I've learned to use this shadow as a brightener/highlighter on the highpoints of the face though such as the brow bone, down the nose, and above cheekbones and it does give a very subtle brightening effect in those areas :). Love the texture and packaging but probably would not buy again. Might purchase in another color though as I LOVE Urban Decay.

on 4/28/2010 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I got this es in the juju palette so idk if its the same quality as the single. I have to agree with the review below that although uds es are usually pigmented, this ones a miss! I like the soft buttery texture though. Im currently using it as a suble matte highlighter under my eyebrows but i wont repurchase

:/ I wouldn't repurchase. I like this product, but it does not come off as pigmented as a shadow of this price range should be. But UD's matte shadows in general are great! White shadows are a little trickier though. I'm more picky when it comes to whites, golds, and yellows.

on 3/19/2010 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow. It's rich white and silky smooth to the touch - it's Urban Decay quality I guess. Totally matte with a beautiful soft finish. I've been using it as an under eye highlight on my fair complexion and it instantly brightens me up. I find most other highlights are just too yellow or orange or shimmery ... plain white is just what I needed.

I'm very cool toned so for someone with a warmer base, this might not be as wonderful.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

SWEET GOD! i really do not know what these people are talking about...this is such an amazingly crap eyeshadow i do not know where to begin!
Okay well first after reading the glowing reviews (WTF?!) about this shadow i jumped at the opportunity to purchase it. Damn.
The first thing you see about this is the really tacky packaging, not too appealing.
Then i swatched expecting to be blown away...only um..i couldnt see any product on my hand. Okayy we'l try again! and after about seven layers (using UDPP) i got a ridiculiously mediocre finish.
It reminds me of chalk. Yes chalk. Chalk that was compressed into an UD E/Y pot.

Its texture now... AGHHHH! kind of screeching nails on a blackboard feeling. Absolutely ridiculous!
I tried it in the tear duct area AND as a highlight with a smoky eye, and nothing. Yep nothing.

Maybe i got a bum eyeshadow or something buttt...:|
DONT BUT THIS!

And for 18/$18 sooo not worth it. I woulda been disappointed if i got this as a freebie.

on 2/14/2010 10:02:00 AM

I was looking for an intence,creamy white but this is sheer for me.I have used it only dry, but I was expecting more for the price...

on 6/2/2009 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I wouldn't want to be without this eyeshadow. This is a white eyeshadow that is only a white eyeshadow. It is not frosty, shimmery, chalky, pinkish, bluish, golden, or glittery. Soft, white powder and that is ALL. I like Yeyo for a highlighting shade when I'm using matte eyeshadows. For shimmery shadows, I prefer MAC's Crystal Avalanche. Yeyo is very buildable, blendable, and easy to wear when applied dry. If applied wet, Yeyo goes on clown white. This is not really a drawback... it's an option for someone looking for clown white, but otherwise this isn't a problem if applied dry.