John Frieda brilliant brunette lustrous touch smoothing conditioner

Filtered by skin type : Combination
John Frieda brilliant brunette lustrous touch smoothing conditioner

3.8

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this conditioner, as well as its shampoo counterpart. It leaves my curls light, bouncy and incredibly soft without the slightest trace of weight or grease. But the greatest thing is its effect on my hair color. It really does 'reveal shiny brown tones' as promised, as well as some blonde and a little bit of red! They catch the light like crazy with this conditioner, shining like each strand is made of glass. I don't color my hair as I love my natural range of shades. It's beautiful on its own, but with this shampoo and conditioner it is spectacular. (Every woman should have one thing about her that she loves - mine is my hair) I've had people stop me in the grocery store and ask who does my color and what do I use on my hair. No color, no other products, just Brilliant Brunette shampoo and conditioner. Apparently, I'm a walking shampoo ad.

The packaging is really well designed, because the cap is on the bottom already. Gravity assists in getting most of the conditioner out, and then you can unscrew the cap and use water to rinse out every last bit of it. Very efficient and nothing is wasted. Both the shampoo and conditioner are very inexpensive, and perform better than any salon brand I've ever tried. I will continue to use these as long as I can get them. My only concern is it is becoming a little difficult to find them in the drugstore, but they are still easy to obtain online. Bottom line - spectacular value and unrivaled results.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this conditioner. My hair is medium to long, very incredibly thick, straight, and a tiny bit coarse. This conditioner eliminates my frizz and makes my hair very shiny and soft. If your hair is thin, this will probably be too heavy and you should stick with the light reflecting formulas. But if you have thick/coarse hair this is definitely a product to try. Seriously. Do it now.

on 10/14/2008 5:14:00 PM

I have fine hair and unfortunately, this conditioner weighs it down and makes my hair limp by the end of the day. I think it would be suited for someone with coarser hair.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have straight hair that is a normal texture, but frizzes a lot when it's humid and I find this to be pretty good at smoothing it. Granted, it doesn't completely eliminate my frizz, but I'm sure anything that did would give me hair limper than over cooked spaghetti. But this conditioner does improve my frizz and makes my hair feel incredibly soft so I would recommend it. This stuff is so moisturizing that I usually can't use my normal Neutrogena Triple Moisture Healing Serum afterwards or else I have greasy hair.

on 5/31/2008 8:41:00 AM

This conditioner is thick and waxy and doesn't rinse very well. Might be suitable for someone with dry or thicker hair, but didn't work on my fine hair, even though I only used a drop. Would not purchase.