John Frieda brilliant brunette lustrous touch smoothing conditioner

4.7

on 9/3/2008 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My hair is light reddish brown and I color to cover grays. I've used the Brilliant Brunette line before, and found it drying after a while. But, on a whim I decided to try the Lustrous Touch shampoo & conditioner. This stuff is amazing! My hair is cut in a short bob and is thick, coarse, tends to be dry, and I flat iron daily. This line of products was very hydrating. My hair looked super shiny, glossy, and felt soft and smooth. It straightened very easily and looked healthy and shiny. No frizz, no fried hair. The products may be too heavy for someone with thin hair, and wouldn't be suitable for those with greasy hair. But, for my parched locks, miraculous! I also like the scent - almost a toasted coconut aroma. The shampoo is thick and pearlescent, lathers well, and rinses clean but leaves hair feeling hydrated and not stripped. The conditioner is fairly thick and feels very hydrating. After rinsing, my hair feels silky. This is a great line and I will definitely repurchase.

on 7/21/2008 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So on my curly fairly dry hair this was nice. My hair looked fairly glossy and such. If I hadn't already found my HG in Mane n Tail I would probably like this more. But this really didn't help damage much, nothing like my hg conditioner. So this worked in a pinch and made my hair shiny, but I wouldn't replace my other conditioner.

on 1/24/2008 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I don't think this made my hair very shiny, but it softened and conditioned it nicely. It has many of the ingredients of higher-end conditioners. You have to rinse well to get it out, though. Comparable to or better than many salon conditioners. If you have fine hair, it may weigh it down a bit, though.