John Frieda brilliant brunette lustrous touch smoothing conditioner

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
John Frieda brilliant brunette lustrous touch smoothing conditioner

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this conditioner, as well as its shampoo counterpart. It leaves my curls light, bouncy and incredibly soft without the slightest trace of weight or grease. But the greatest thing is its effect on my hair color. It really does 'reveal shiny brown tones' as promised, as well as some blonde and a little bit of red! They catch the light like crazy with this conditioner, shining like each strand is made of glass. I don't color my hair as I love my natural range of shades. It's beautiful on its own, but with this shampoo and conditioner it is spectacular. (Every woman should have one thing about her that she loves - mine is my hair) I've had people stop me in the grocery store and ask who does my color and what do I use on my hair. No color, no other products, just Brilliant Brunette shampoo and conditioner. Apparently, I'm a walking shampoo ad.

The packaging is really well designed, because the cap is on the bottom already. Gravity assists in getting most of the conditioner out, and then you can unscrew the cap and use water to rinse out every last bit of it. Very efficient and nothing is wasted. Both the shampoo and conditioner are very inexpensive, and perform better than any salon brand I've ever tried. I will continue to use these as long as I can get them. My only concern is it is becoming a little difficult to find them in the drugstore, but they are still easy to obtain online. Bottom line - spectacular value and unrivaled results.

on 9/3/2008 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My hair is light reddish brown and I color to cover grays. I've used the Brilliant Brunette line before, and found it drying after a while. But, on a whim I decided to try the Lustrous Touch shampoo & conditioner. This stuff is amazing! My hair is cut in a short bob and is thick, coarse, tends to be dry, and I flat iron daily. This line of products was very hydrating. My hair looked super shiny, glossy, and felt soft and smooth. It straightened very easily and looked healthy and shiny. No frizz, no fried hair. The products may be too heavy for someone with thin hair, and wouldn't be suitable for those with greasy hair. But, for my parched locks, miraculous! I also like the scent - almost a toasted coconut aroma. The shampoo is thick and pearlescent, lathers well, and rinses clean but leaves hair feeling hydrated and not stripped. The conditioner is fairly thick and feels very hydrating. After rinsing, my hair feels silky. This is a great line and I will definitely repurchase.

on 5/31/2008 8:41:00 AM

This conditioner is thick and waxy and doesn't rinse very well. Might be suitable for someone with dry or thicker hair, but didn't work on my fine hair, even though I only used a drop. Would not purchase.