Physicians Formula Concealer Twins... Green and Natural

3.0

I have been using this regularly and longer than any other specific cosmetic item. I'm guessing it has been about 7 years now. I use it every day on acne and various blemishes (have even used under eyes). Some days I carry it with me and that can't be said for any other cosmetic except lip gloss!

I usually apply my whole face and then the green corrector followed by the yellow concealer (apply with wand and then blend out with fingertip), and then some light powder. For really bad blemishes I will repeat again after that with more of this concealer. Blendable and buildable.

I have very fair combination skin.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I haven't tried any other colour correcting concealer yet, because this one has satisfied me so far and I've been using this for about 4 years.
It green corrector blends well and the beige concealer blends into my skin tone fairly decently considering I have a light/medium olive skin tone.

The only problem I have is that I always run out of the concealer before the corrector, which I'll usually have about half left.

Green too pigmented, and the concealer had a tendency to dry out my skin. I used it on my acne and scarring, and it did not cover well at all; not to mention that even using the smallest amount of green would tint my skin. Not to mention they had practically NO shade range to choose from.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Much better than what I expected. The concealer I was using just ran out and my mom gave me this because she bought it randomly but never used it. I thought it was gonna suck and that I would just throw it away and buy another one but it actually made a better impact on my face than my last concealer.

I love this product, I hate the packaging. So unhygienic. I love how much pigment is in the green half, though and the natural side is a good tone for under my eyes. It covers well and sets quickly. I will probably buy the yellow one as well. I just wish that these would come in tubes or something that doesn't have an applicator stored in the product. I use the green side for acne and I don't want those germs in the product so I use it off of the back of my hand.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I've bought this product many times. Green corrector takes some getting used to so I switched around a bit before coming back to this.

Pros: The green does tend to minimize redness. It blends well and is easily covered with the other end or by your foundation. You may also dab a dot on the back of your hand and blend with a bit of moisturizer and use as a primer if you have all over redness. I found that if you have acne discoloration like myself or rosacea, this is a much better way of applying rather than trying to hit every spot and blend. Read the ingredients on both the concealer and moisturizer to make sure the bases (oil or water) match to blend or they will not blend properly. Same goes for concealer, foundation, and moisturizer.

Cons: I do not like the packaging at all. The reusable sponge is unsanitary and introduces bacteria into the tube (horrible for breakouts). I suggest using Q-tips or applying with a concealer brush and washing daily. The natural end does not give a great amount of coverage. I feel like the Physician's Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick has a slightly heavier coverage but that does not blend well with my foundation.

I've bought this item several times but every time I seem to want to try something else. Not spectacular but not horrible.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The light side of this concealer is too light for my skin, so I use it as an undereye concealer but it does not do a good job since it's very watery. The green side, I use it on the red acne scars on my face. I just apply a thin layer with a separate concealer brush and then put on my foundation. Since I use a full coverage foundation, it hides the green tint pretty well and I can say that the green concealer makes a difference when hiding blemishes. But you need to cover up the weird green tint somehow, if you're using a light foundation it would probably show up under it.

This is a pretty decent dream concealer. It has a green correcting end and a light colored concealer. The light is too light for me and the green is really green. At first I thought I wouldn't be able to make it work but with a little experimenting I got good results.

First off I blend a dab of the green with a liquid foundation so that it helps the foundation better cover my redness. This looks much more natural. Then I use a sponge and blend it out by patting it. I use the light as I would a Dior Skinflash and only put it under my eyes and around dark spots to brighten.

I then finish off with powder foundation (stippling it on with MAC 187 brush). I works very well for me and looks very natural.

This is the only green drugstore concealer I know of (NYX has one but I can't find it in a store). I got this for cheap because I caught both a sale and a massive coupon. Not sure I'd pay full retail price.

The green side is just okay. It's very bright, and I'm not sure how well it really neutralizes redness. If you could get it to spot-apply it would be better, but the consistency is so thin (it IS liquid) that it just spreads all over.

The natural side is really nice for light coverage. It doesn't do much for moderate and up acne, but for undereyes and redness around the nose, very good. This is the concealer I use when I don't really want to wear any makeup, but I need to. It doesn't cake on me at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

While I've come to accept the fact that there's no such thing as the perfect concealer, this concealer isn't bad. It can be difficult to work with, because you really have to make sure to blend and cover the green or it will show through in certain light. Also, I wish they gave you more of the natural shade. I end up using more of that to cover the green, and it seems like they don't fill that side of the tube completely, because I swear, it only lasts a few weeks! I ran out of the natural side of 2 tubes long before I used up all of the green in the first tube. That's my biggest complaint. The concealer itself isnt bad. It does it's job, and I like the creamy consistency.