L'Oreal Cream shadow paint in Lofty

3.8

I got this in a couple of colors, the worst of which was the lightest one in Secretive. I do not have lines near my eyes yet and this paint CREATED some! The light shade is no good in my opinion, but the other ones that I kept were Lofty and Nervy. Those two are amazing. If you want a wash of color, they're great! I wouldn't use too much at a time, but a little goes a long way. I don't really use them as a base since those two are quite pigmented and don't crease on me. I don't find they're that great as a base since they dry really fast and don't have much of a tacky finish.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

These paints are alright for drugstore but they are still too expensive for their quality. For one thing, they dry out super fast. I bought two myself and they had dried out within a few months of buying them. This color is a really pretty pinkish/beige color that is great for my green eyes- a good neutral everyday color. I'm giving it 2 stars for the color alone. But the paint itself is not so great. You can't really blend these with your finger like you can with Mac's far superior paints/paint pots. The texture of these paints is very thick, so you have to have some sort of brush- it just looks too cakey and these crease almost immediately. Also didn't work for me as a primer- the shadow doesn't blend in on top of it, it just sits there, looking thick and cakey.

To Read all 37 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love, love, love this product! Perfect beigey-sort of pink with just enough shimmer. Lovely by itself for a natural day or paired with HIP Nervy as a highlight on the browbone and inner corner of the eye. Picked this up at CVS for 75% off~ does that mean it's discontinued? Just in case, I stocked up on ebay so I'll be glimmering for months to come.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. It's a sheer cotton pink and it went well on my skin. I didn't use too much product, just a dab and swiped it with my fingers. The color was pigmented and I didn't wear any base or primer underneath it. This is a great product to use if you're going for the light makeup look.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Amazing product! great primer! doesn't crease at all! works just like MAC paint but really inexpensive! I have all shades of these paints. Also comes with a cute little brush!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I complimented a friend of mine on her smokey eyeshadow the other day and she told me that she had used MAC Paint as a base, so I thought I'd try this to see if it would work similarly, since I'm broke and can't afford MAC products right now. I was hoping to find this on sale, since I've heard that L'Oreal Cream Shadow Paints were discontinued, but I could only find it at my local CVS pharmacy for full price- $12. (Which is only a few dollars less than MAC paint, so I might end up returning this and hitting up the MAC store anyway.)

I bought Lofty because it suits my skin tone as a base color for most smokey eyeshadow looks. It's a golden-pink shimmery color and looks great, but the formula itself leaves something to be desired. When opening the tube, I was careful to unfold the top almost all the way, as one reviewer advised, to prevent the tube from bursting and spilling product out of the top. I also read a review that said puncturing the opening of the tube with the back of the cap would cause too much product waste, so I punctured the foil opening with a needle instead. This way, only a thin ribbon of product came out when I squeezed the tube.

The eyeshadow comes out a very pretty color but it does tend to sink and settle wayyy deep into any fine lines- so if you have any sort of wrinkles or crepe-y lids, DO NOT USE THIS. It will only highlight any lines or dryness you have. That said, it works pretty well as an eyeshadow base. I brush it all over my eyelid with the included brush and then I use a dark black or brown shadow in the crease and blend.

Yiikes, I just dumped this in the trash can. Makes your eyes lids wrinkly and crepey looking.
Doesnt blend.
A terrible product, so beware.

I really like this color. It's a champagne shade with some gold shimmer and you can use it as an all over color or just as a highlighter if you want to do something more dramatic. It can be a little tricky to work with but it really does pay off. Loves it.

This is something nice to try once in a while. I use this when I don't feel like wearing alot of make up. It lasts decently, although it makes my lids look kinda crepey. It's a decent shadow primer, but I wouldn't bother getting it for the purpose if you already own Urban Decay's Primer Potion or a primer that you already love. Very similar to Mac paint, although I have never use the MAC version before. Not too bad, I like that it comes with its own brush and container. Got this on clearance for $2.54 at Target.

Lofty is a perfect wash color for me. I'm NC15/20 and Asian with flatter eyelids (not a monolid). It's a light peachy-pink nude color which probably is a great base for some. Personally for me this color has just the right hint for those low-key days providing a touch of color with minimal work. There is a very subtle golden sheen to this that provides a glow to the lids, finish it off with some liner and I'm good to go! Typical champagne type washes like Secretive make my eyes seem flat or I'll have frost/glitter sitting on my lids with no color so I'm glad I found this shade. While it has a bit of gold in it, the color is a satin finish so it's not over the top or glittery nor is it flat matte. Great for everyday or work.

The tube packaging is a pain whenever I initially open it, I always risk gooping out a lot... but overall application is easy with a clean finger + some blending. This is one of my favs along with Nervy.