Sana Nameraka Foaming Face Wash

Sana Nameraka Foaming Face Wash

3.1

on 8/17/2016 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this from someone else. I have to say that it's my fault that I used a product without researching it first to see if it's for me at all.

Anyway. This product is pretty drying to your skin and I'm not sure if it has any benefits besides cleaning your face. But at least it doesn't have fragrance and the tube lasts a long time.

By the way I've always had an acne problem and this doesn't help and perhaps even aggravated it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

First off, I'm not usually a skincare person; I just splash some water and occasionally use some moisturiser. I have dry-ish skin, especially my cheeks. My forehead, nose and the area around my nose get really oily (the average T-zone yeah).

Since it's getting hot and humid in summer, I started getting pretty oily on my T-zone and decided to pick up a few things to keep me feeling fresh, so a friend of mine with oily skin recommended this to me. I got it for about HK$56 (like US$7) and was really excited because if this works, I'll have wonderful clean skin with a great price tag, but it didn't work out well for me, from my last two experiences.

1st trial: In the shower
Straight on the face, it starts out kind of gloppy and dense like it's adding more grease., then it kind of foams up and thins out. While rinsing it feels really hard to get off but rub a few more times and it feels like my face has turned into rough glass and my palm is squeaking against my face. I kind of freaked out and wondered if it really did that, but I dried my face, put on some moisturiser and called it a day.

2nd trial: Monday morning
After I got up, I was feeling pretty greasy so I got this stuff out to hopefully clean off that feeling. It was alright at first, but a few minutes after I rinsed it off, red splotches started appearing on my T-zone area.

It must've been an allergic reaction, so to my sisters and brothers with more sensitive skin be careful. However this is what I've experienced so far, I may give it one more try to see if it's me or the face wash.

To Read all 16 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/8/2015 9:26:00 PM

I do like this product, although the price seems a bit high since i live in Singapore and Japan isn't that far. I got this off Toyko hands for about 15 SGD, but i guess i could get it somewhere else online (like qoo10 or rakuten) for cheaper?

back to the product, it appears to be made of soy although i am not sure how much of soy went into this. it lathers nicely into a rich thick foam even with only about 2cm or less of this product. It washes off nicely and leaves my face feeling clean but not overly dry. So no tight feeling on my face for me. so far, there has been no pimples outbreak. its lightly scented, so light you can't really smell much.

my skin is combination and rather prone to acne break out. i use light make up but i don't use make up remover (except for my eyes) before washing off.

so far so good although i don't think i would usually pay more than 10 SGD for a facial wash. to my mind, as long as the facial wash isn't overly drying or cause me to break out, that is a good one. it does't matter if its a known brand or not since they all use the same chemicals anyway. Of course, if you are willing to pay for organic then its a different story.

so much as i like it, i won't repurchase =)

I have dry skin. When I do have a breakout, I'm one of those lucky people who have no more than one or two zits. I started using this cleanser often, and for the first time in my whole life (literally), I broke out nearly everywhere--on the bridge of my nose, on the sides of my chin, on my cheek. And it's not like they're scattered--it's clumps of tiny zits compact together.

Maybe it's just my skin type, or maybe it's an allergic reaction. But, as others have stated, this cleanser left my skin feeling very tight, which I heard from other people that if that's happening, you're using the wrong type of cleanser for your skin. I don't want to blatantly say, "This cleanser is terrible and no one should use it!" because I have heard that this has worked well for some people. And while this cleanser has broken me out like never before, it left a glow on my skin.

Of course, unfortunately I'm dropping this cleanser altogether. I'd be willing to (and plan on) trying their lotions and toners instead, as I've heard great things about them--but the cleansers are definitely a no-go for me.

I have combination skin but it tends to be more dry during the winter months.
This is not for the winter months.

Yes, it does a good job of cleaning but it's very drying. My skin feels very tight after washing with this face wash.

I usually try to make things work with products I buy.
I've gotten in to the habit of using an oil cleanser then washing it off with this product.
It works well this way.

This is probably good for people with oily skin or teens and those in their early twenties who have acne prone skin.

on 3/23/2014 6:47:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I've been using this for only 2 days but i'm impressed with it so far.
It make my face feel soft and hydrated all day.(my skin feel kind of bouncy which is great)
It gives squeaky clean feeling. It doesn't irritate, doesn't dry my skin out or give me flakes at cheek area which happened to some cleanser.
However it is too early to judge a cleanser with 2 days used . I'll try to keep posted after awhile.

Method of my application(i'm experimenting this method )
After wet face,apply this on my face
(foam up before application is recommend by brand but I'm too lazy to use bubble net and it works simply just fine)
Massage gently, add a little bit of water then massage more,to this point it'll start to foam up.
Massage a bit then wash off.

update after it ran out I haven't repurchased.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

How I wish I saw this review before I bought this! This has to be the most drying product I have ever used, even dryer than soap! I thought a product that is soy milk based would be hydrating to my very dry skin. I was very wrong!

This was the first time I bought a Japanese cleanser so I was very excited. I love the packaging, I love that it is fragrance free. I wanted to love this so much and I really tried to make it work. At first I used it morning and night, then just night, then a smaller amount than a pea. I really foamed it up as much as I could with the foaming net. Everything left my skin feeling horrible. Only after 3 days, my face feels like sandpaper and looks so wrinkly, I got more breakouts and my skin is now extremely sensitive. This honestly damaged my skin. It is even too drying for my body. Honestly, Dr. Bronner's is less drying than this.

If anyone wants this, pm me.

on 3/30/2013 8:50:00 AM

This is a really strong cleanser. If you are wearing a lot of makeup, this will clean everything off really well. However, it does leave the skin tight and in desperate need of moisture. It does nothing for my mild breakouts, which is a downside for me, so minus one lippie. This product also has a mild smell that makes me nauseous. Generally I'm ok with smells, but something about this one really gets to me, even though it really is mild, so that's another minus one lippie.
All in all, it's a fine cleanser for nights when you have heavy grime or makeup to wash off.

on 3/10/2013 12:18:00 AM

I love this foaming cleanser and everythings in this line. I wish I found this line long time ago. I bought mine at Nijiya Japanese market in San Diego. Remove dirt,oil, and makeup very well. This foaming cleanser did what promise. Love Sana from now on. Update: 05-30-13, still love these line. My husband also love it. Great product.

on 8/24/2012 12:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I had to write a review because I saw all of the negative ones and I thought they didn't do this product justice! It's not a miracle product by any means (but really, is there such a thing?) I'm not crazy picky about my cleanser because it's only on my face for a few minutes and I just want it to clean my skin and rid it of dirt/oil/makeup. This cleanser does that and at a good price! It's gentle and does not dry out my combination skin. My face does a lot better with just a simple cleanser rather than one with acne fighting ingredients etc because my face tends to get irritated when I use those plus my acne treatments. I also try to steer clear of high end cleanser because, idk, I'm afraid my skin will get dependent on them, so I try to keep it simple. This cleanser is actually pretty popular in Japan and they all seem to have better skin than us, so I thought, hey it's cheap-- why not try it? I like it. Hasn't made my face breakout, keeps it clean, doesn't overdry, doesn't irritate it, has a luxurious foam, and is a quick clean!

Popular Face Skincare Products