Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]
Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

mica, talc, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, zea mays (corn) starch, dimethicone, dipentaerythrityl hexahtdroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, isopropyl isostearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, sorbitan stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, butylene glycol, silica dimethyl silylate, aqua (water), nylon-12, polyacrylamide, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid, c13-14 isoparaffin, xanthan gum, laureth-7. [ /-: silica, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491 CI 77499 CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77007 (ultramarines) CI 19140 (yellow 5), CI 77742 (manganese violet) CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens)].

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

I really really wanted to love this product. I love Dior packaging and products, but this one just does not work on dark skin like mine the way I wanted it to. My skin tends to be dry in patches and oily the rest and this product just has way too much shimmer that settle in the oily creases. It does, however, give you an immediate all over glow that does not last too long if you are oily or sweat like me. It also, I suspect, irritates my skin because my pores start showing within half hour of having the product on my face. Might work for the rest of the body maybe, but I am not a shimmer person. I like the Benefit Watt's up sooo much better. And the price just cannot be justified any which way for the cons its has.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Beautiful subtle highlighter. Very pretty on the cheekbones and as a eyebrow highlight. This is not a high drama highlighter ( infact im currently searching for one) its more natural and classy. I have to agree with some of the other reviews in that the staying power is not great and you can probably find something that last longer for a cheaper price, but i still love how smooth and subtle it is. I would buy again, although i dont see myself running out any time soon.
For referance i am NC47-50 and it shows up as a beautiful goldie shimmer on me.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Brought this after a bored looking SA told me it would be great on my skin tone. Didnt have time to swatch as I was at work.

Once I tried it I realised you couldnt see it at all on my NC44 skin. Tried desperately to like it but gave up and got rid of it eventually.

NARS albatross is better for darker skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I wish this product worked for me as well as it has worked for others. I have to be very light handed otherwise it makes me look very ashy. I also don't find it to be very blendable. I think the reason that it doesn't work for me is mostly because of my skintone and my undertones. Too much work to make this work for me so i don't use it very often.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Yeah, this product in particular rocks! It is a beautiful highlighter that gives the skin a gorgeous glow. I use this by my cheekbones w my HG, nars torrid blush or my dior bronzer in spicy tan as of late and on my nose and my skin looks radiant. Sometimes i will use just the two light colors or blend all of them together and its pure love for my face. It is expensive, bobbi brown shimmerbricks, i think may be cheaper, i love those too, can provide a similar effect but i will be splurging on this while its available. I also like to use them as highlighters for my brow, the light colors and the darker ones for shadows when i want my eyes to be bronzey and its great. Highly recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love this highlighter! Its so finely milled and the shimmer isn't OTT. Its just awesome glowy, goodness. On my NC45 skin, this looks perfect on my cheekbones, temples, the bridge of my nose and my chin. I look pretty, glowy and with an amazing sheen to my skin, not like a glitterbomb exploded all over my face. This is one of my favorite beauty products and i wholeheartedly recommend.