Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]
Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

4.9

mica, talc, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, zea mays (corn) starch, dimethicone, dipentaerythrityl hexahtdroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, isopropyl isostearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, sorbitan stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, butylene glycol, silica dimethyl silylate, aqua (water), nylon-12, polyacrylamide, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid, c13-14 isoparaffin, xanthan gum, laureth-7. [ /-: silica, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491 – CI 77499 – CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77007 (ultramarines) CI 19140 (yellow 5), CI 77742 (manganese violet) CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens)].

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

The most gorgeous highlighter ever for olive/indian skin tone. It's not too harsh and gives the perfect 'lit from within glow' and it can also be built up to be more intense without looking frosty. I use it to highlight the brow bone also and it pulls the entire look together. LOVE this and will definitely repurchase it when I run out, which won't be anytime soon. Ref: MUFE HD foundation 153, MAC NC40-42

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This is the only highlighter I own, and probablu always will be. I think the main reason that differentiates it from every other highlighter out there is that it’s very warm-based – most highlighters I have tried have a very artificial pearly white cast to them not to mention a ton of glitter. Thankfully, Amber Diamond is neither, and this is what makes it look so natural on a variety of skin tones. It goes without saying that the powder is so incredibly finely milled, swiping it gently with my fingers feels buttery soft. Amber Diamond contains 5 shimmering shades – they are frosty, but full of micro-shimmer which means once on the skin it results in a natural glowy sheen that never looks like too much, it gives that coveted ‘lit from within’ healthy glow, and makes me look healthy. As I’m medium toned, it gives a very slight hint of golden colour on my cheeks, but it definitely does not darken my complexion, that’s what a bronzer is for after all. Paler skin tones will really love this.

The 5 shimmering shades are; an ivory with golden-yellow frost (very similar to MAC’s Ricepaper), a champagne, tan, bronze and golden peach. When each shade is swirled together, it creates a beautiful warm tan shade. Each shade is semi-opaque with a sheer wash of colour – which is precisely the point – it is actually impossible to overdo Amber Diamond because the powder itself isn’t full of pigment. It just infuses with your skin and will never make you look like a disco ball.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I adore this highligher. If you have large pores and tend to get oily, this is the best highlighter for you. I have tried several highlighters from deptartment to drugstore over the years only to be left with chunks of glitter everywhere. Now, this is very expensive ($44 US) for a highlighter but I feel that it is worth every penny. I'm blown away by the high quality of this. This powder is so finely milled and feels silky soft on the skin. You only need one quick swipe to make your whole face radiant so this will last you years. I've had mine for about 2 years now and still plenty left. You won't get obvious glitter with this highlighter. Amber Diamond gives off this soft focus glowing sheen that looks very natural. The color in the pan looks dark but no actual color shows up on my skin. What I get is a veil of a warm candle light glow that makes my sallow olive skin appear bright and fresh.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've only had this powder for a week and I'm in loooove! It gives the skin such a beautiful glow without screaming out "she's wearing highlighter on her face!" The colors can be worn individually as eye shadows as well which makes it a pretty versatile product. At $44, the price is a bit steep so its definitely an indulgence. However, you don't use much product with each application so I feel as though it will last you a couple of years. The packaging is very sturdy so I think it will travel well without shattering in your luggage. My NC40 skin really loves this powder and I will definitely repurchase when (if?) it ever runs out.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Warning: if you purchase Amber Diamond in hopes of achieving an amazing glow, you will be disappointed. While this is product is gorgeous, it is not amazing. I wore it non stop for over a week trying to convince myself that it was worth the $44 I dropped on it. I was just not 'wowed' at all. First of all, it has nearly no staying power on my combination skin. Second, while the color is very pretty, I know there are other products out there that are similar, but for a lot less. I am still going to give Amber Diamond a four rating, because it does look nice on the skin and I appreciate that it goes on smooth. If you have tan/olive skin and are looking for highlighter that isn't the typical champagne shade, I would go with HUSH Cream Color Base by MAC. It suits our complexion just as well as this, but for only $17-$18.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine

I was originally drawn to this product because of the great reviews on MUA.

At this price, I had high expectations for this product. I wanted it to be smooth and easy to apply powder, I wanted it to be natural, for the coverage to be easily buildable or incredibly sheer . I wanted it to stay on, and I wanted it to look natural. It passed with flying colours!

the colour for me is perfect because it is kind of a golden beige neutral tone. (I range from NC37 to NC42 depending on the time of year) It inexplicably make my skin look smoother and my face look prettier. It does have shimmer, but the shimmer is subtle and faint. Its a very sophisticated shimmer. In the sunlight you can see the shimmer particles so its not for a "no makeup makeup" look. It makes your skin look dramatically better without being dramatic.

Try this on the inner corners of your eyes, your cupid bow, a light dusting on the high point of your cheek bones. You use so little and yet there is so much product.

If you want a sophisticated powder highlighter and you are a medium to tan skin tone, this is a very flattering highlighter.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It's like that Brazilian model, I just came back from an exotic vacation and i have flawless face, everyone be jealous of me highlighter! It's not glittery, not LOOK at me, not sweaty looking, it's exactly what they mean when they say healthy, bronzey, glow!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Amber Diamond was well worth the splurge!! The shimmer is very fine and does not look glittery or chunky. It provides a beautify glow and have gotten several complements while wearing this. It is perfect for highlighting the tops of my cheekbones.

It truly is a great highlighter. It has a soft consistency and it does stay on your skin for a long time. I like to use powder highlighters and what I have noticed is that they are not very long lasting but this one stayed on my skin a lot longer than my MSF in refined. Another thing to mention about this product is the color. It doesn't have pink undertones, so it is suitable for all skin tones which I appreciate greatly. Yes it is an expensive highlighter but it will las you for a long time. I used to look for good highlighter and spent a lot of money but now that I found my H/G highlighter, it actually saves me money. I hope you guys will love this product as much as I do.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Best highlighter! I have tried just about every luminizer/highlighter out there and this is the only one that is not a hot glitter mess. MAC Skinfinish had to much glitter and couldn't find the right shade. The compact has a range of shades from pearl to bronze - all perfect for olive skin tones.