Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]
Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

mica, talc, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, zea mays (corn) starch, dimethicone, dipentaerythrityl hexahtdroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, isopropyl isostearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, sorbitan stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, butylene glycol, silica dimethyl silylate, aqua (water), nylon-12, polyacrylamide, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid, c13-14 isoparaffin, xanthan gum, laureth-7. [ /-: silica, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491 CI 77499 CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77007 (ultramarines) CI 19140 (yellow 5), CI 77742 (manganese violet) CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens)].

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have repurchased several times. I usually use the AmberD in summer --- when my skin is a tinyyy bit deeper in color. I use the Pink in winter when I go back to my friendly ghost status.

I had forgotten to write any review on this.. I am getting old. That said, this does not highlight any fine lines or any oiliness for me (my skin is in it's normal mode now anyway)... but the sheen is glorious. It makes me look alive and awake and brightens the complexion.

I think this would work on most skin tones up to level 4.. but again, you must try it.

I always have a back up for both of the shades.

love

This is the most HE highlighter I own and it's the one I dislike the most. It leaves my cheekbones looking scaly and dry. I don't feel like this is anything special compared to other H/Ls I've tried (i.e. Lorac Spotlight, theBalm Mary Loumanizer). I haven't tried to 'repurpose' it on my eyes because I'm afraid it will give the same effect and I'm not about to rock the scaly-lid look right now.

Sadly this is a bust for me. It's a beautiful compact and looks nice in the pan, but on the face it's just not working for me.

This is a really nice product. It gives a beautiful sheen to wherever you're highlighting, and subtle warmth and glow if applying as a blush. The packaging so nice and sleek, and the product itself is beautiful just to look at in the pan. I would buy it again...but at the same time I feel like I could find another product out there that's cheaper and very similar to this. If you can afford it, awesome. But it's no HG product to save up for and get hyped about.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I just bought this about a week ago but I am LOVING it! I have oily skin so I never bought highlighters before, why emphasize something I want to hide? But then I got a foundation that took all glow away, so I had to buy one. This is great!! I am Clinique Alabaster, BE Fair, very pale, pink undertones so I was surprised that the Amber Diamond looked amazing on me! It goes on like a dream and blends so easily onto the skin and lasts a long time (even after a baseball game in st. louis heat)! I have even been using the two darkest colors on my eyes as a base and crease color. It is a great value and will last forever! And it comes in a nice little velvet pouch to add to the luxury feel! I will probably get the Rose Diamond one as well!

Quite a pretty highlighter. However, it is quite sheer. I did find it settled into lines in my face almost emphasizing. I have to be really careful where to apply it. But overall, not a bad product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have light-medium beige skin and had high hopes after reading fabulous reviews at Sephora. Like another reviewer who stated she couldn't get it to show up unless she layered it on very heavily I have the same issue. When I finally get enough on it looks like I smeared icing on my face. Plus, I have very, very oily skin and truthfully after a couple of hours it's pretty hard to distinguish the oil from this highlighter. If you have medium or dark skin with yellow or olive tones you will probably love this. Unfortunately, it' snot for me.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This givels a nice glow but i don't think it lives up to all the hype. I have used better products that do the same thing. its a nice product, worth the money? no.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is nice, it's a longlasting glow. It is pretty but it doesn't make me look lit from within. It's more for warm toned girls imo, because one of the strips is quite orange. I love glowy bronzers, but this just look an odd orange brown colour on my ppp cool toned skin. I used some of the lighter strips, but I would never use the rest, so it's a bit of a waste, and while the glow is pretty I would like a more obvious *wow, my skin is glowing!* glow.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

*My favorite highlighter!* Amber Diamond contains five stripes of warm frosty shades: An ivory with golden-yellow frost, champagne, tan, bronze and golden peach. When all of the shades are swirled together, it creates a beautiful warm, champagne/tan glow. I tried comparing it to other highlighters of mine, but it's actually very different than anything I own. The only thing I could compare is the first strip of color is almost identical to Nars Albatross or MAC Vanilla Pigment. From the looks of it, it may be comparable to Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips or Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick, but from swatches I've seen, Amber Diamond seems a little less frosty & subtle. To be honest, at first I figured this highlighter was overrated. To me, it didn't look like anything special I should go run out and buy - but after trying it, I see what all of the hype is about. It is frosty - but when applied to the cheeks, it's so subtle and it almost becomes one with your skin. It's easy to blend and gives the prettiest glow that's not overpowering. (No disco ball, here!)
**PROS:** It's not too frosty, blends easily, doesn't make my skin look dirty (some frosty highlighters do!) and looks very natural! Also, I think it would be well suited for any skintone!
**CONS:** I can't really think of any, other than it doesn't include a brush (not a big deal) and it's a bit expensive ($44 for .35 oz). If you think about it though, a Nars blush is .16 oz for $27 and MAC is .21 oz for $19.50. So, it's a little more expensive than MAC, but less expensive than Nars in the long run. It's all up to you if it's worth the splurge!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Definately my fav highlight!!! I use this to highlight my cheekbones and cupid's bow over my Chanel Mat Lumiere foundation. I have oily skin and need the matte finish from my foundation - so the Dior Amber Diamond gives me back the "glow" I need in just the right places!! BEWARE - Don't keep this in your purse! I've had 2 break on me already yikes!!