Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]
Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

mica, talc, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, zea mays (corn) starch, dimethicone, dipentaerythrityl hexahtdroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, isopropyl isostearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, sorbitan stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, butylene glycol, silica dimethyl silylate, aqua (water), nylon-12, polyacrylamide, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid, c13-14 isoparaffin, xanthan gum, laureth-7. [ /-: silica, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491 CI 77499 CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77007 (ultramarines) CI 19140 (yellow 5), CI 77742 (manganese violet) CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens)].

This is one of the first highlighters I ever bought and I'm so sad that this product has been discontinued. It gives off a beautiful glow and is very buildable. If you want something subtle, use very little and if you want a strong strobing glow, use a heavier hand.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've had Rose Diamond for sometime now and I love it, so I knew I wanted to purchase Amber. It is equally as beautiful and adds a nice glow. It is very finely milled, and wont accentuate pores. They are the best highlighters, and IMO they are worth the more expensive price tag. Great packaging, but they are very fragile. I wouldn't throw it into a bag and go, because they may break. This is a multi-use product because..being VERY fair skinned I can use the lighter strips as a highlighter, and the darker ones as a bronzer. Love this product!

Love! A must buy. Use it daily as highlighter and eye shadow for a natural look brings out my eyes. Iridescent not sparkly so gives a beautiful glow. Wow. 5 stars. Worth every penny. Beautiful packaging.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

After hearing all the hype, I just had to run out and purchase this. I had saved for months. And I do have to say - it has a definite place in my makeup wardrobe. It isn't the holy grail highlighter I was hoping for, but Amber Diamond does both highlight my cheeks and hide a few sins.

The particles are a little thicker than I thought they would be yet they don't settle into fine lines and wrinkles. The color would probably be great on skin tones in the NW 20-35 range or the NC 15-38 range. But on me, all that I can see is a slight sparkle when I turn into or out of the light.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

The most gorgeous highlighter ever for olive/indian skin tone. It's not too harsh and gives the perfect 'lit from within glow' and it can also be built up to be more intense without looking frosty. I use it to highlight the brow bone also and it pulls the entire look together. LOVE this and will definitely repurchase it when I run out, which won't be anytime soon. Ref: MUFE HD foundation 153, MAC NC40-42

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't really care that this is Dior, and how awesome the packaging is, etc. That's not why I buy beauty products (for the name).

What makes this highlighter so special is that it really, truly works. For something that seems like it should be an afterthought when you're putting on makeup, this is actually a super integral part to the whole look coming together.

Since buying it, I use it almost every time I wear makeup. Even on those quick-job days when I'm just doing concealer and bronzer... I add this on my cheekbones/bridge of nose for instant glow. It's awesome!

The only thing that you need to be careful with, is although this doesnt add grease to your face, it can accentuate any oiliness. So i'm extra careful when/if i apply to my tzone.

Last point - this product, although so expensive, lasts forever. Worth it.

I really want to purchase this product so I went to House of Fraser they said they had run out of stock so I tried Boots the lady couldn't find it anywhere and so another colleague then told me that this product has not been discontinued there is a manufacturing problem in France but it has not gone forever so don't worry! I just want to buy this so badly and I can't seem to find any other websites without saying 'out of stock' :(

saw youtubers rave about this and all the dior counters near my home were out of stock of it for months until i got my hands on one of these. i was so excited about this because i love highlighters and i saw how versatile it was supposed to be.

sadly i'm a bit disappointed. by no means am i saying this product is of low quality, but i think all the hype about this has sent my expectations too high. maybe i haven't mastered the exact skill to apply this, but it can sometimes appear quite glittery on my skin and be a bit over the top. nevertheless the effect that it gives is gorgeous but i wouldn't wear this to work, just for night outs or very special occasions. i'm grateful that it didn't cost me a fortune.

oh well, every girl has a materialistic side and i'm no exception. the fact that this is often out of stock and the rumors that it's gonna be discontinued still makes me so thrilled to own an amber diamond shimmer powder.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

What is a beauty addict's worst nightmare? Falling in love with a product that is...sadly discontinued. That's what happened to me when I discovered the holy grail of highlighters, Dior Poudre shimmer, the universally famous Amber Diamond. I found out that, while it's still available at overseas Dior counters as Sephora US and Nordstrom, it's already been discontinued in best part of Europe but, after a frantic search on line, I was able to order it from Harrods (where else?), the famous London department store.

So now that I've got it, was it worth it?

In a word, yes. It is an incredibly flattering combination of shades ranging from champagne gold to soft golden bronze but what makes it outstanding is the formula. It is a very fined milled pressed powder that creates a natural sheen, never frosty or over the top, highlighting the cheeks with a subtle but definitely there glow. It doesn't darken the skin, don't be fooled, it's not a bronzer or a blush, but leaves a beautiful shimmer with warm undertones. I've been using it everyday for the last couple of weeks and it still looks brandnew, so I'm chauffed with my investment. If you can, snatch it before it's gone forever!

Definitely my HG highlighter. I returned my Hourglass Ambient Lighting and got this instead. This is everything I had hoped the Hourglass would be. It's subtle but I can definitely see the difference when I use it. It gives my face a soft warm glow. Love this!