Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]
Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

mica, talc, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, zea mays (corn) starch, dimethicone, dipentaerythrityl hexahtdroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, isopropyl isostearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, sorbitan stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, butylene glycol, silica dimethyl silylate, aqua (water), nylon-12, polyacrylamide, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid, c13-14 isoparaffin, xanthan gum, laureth-7. [ /-: silica, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491 CI 77499 CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77007 (ultramarines) CI 19140 (yellow 5), CI 77742 (manganese violet) CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens)].

This is a BEAUTIFUL highlighter, but unfortunately not great for my skintone. I'm fair, with warm undertones and this almost doesn't show up when applied to my cheekbones. I mostly use it as a brow highlight and innercorner (eye) highlighter, works great for that, but on my face it just doesn't show up! I guess this will be PERFECT on girls with tan/dark skin. The staying power isn't very well either, but it works (a couple of hours before fading). It's not too sparkly, it gives a pretty sheen. Gorgeous, but as I said, on my fair skin it just doesn't show up the way it should.

It lasts for ages. Beautiful highlighter, looks gorgeous in photos, really brings out the healthy glow on my skin. Highly shimmery. Suits nicely a little bit taned skin or deeply tanned skin. Unfortunately I once dropped it and the whole powder shattered one the floor into small pieces. It's a little bit pricy, but the effect is really beautiful.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

A really good highlighter! This is one of those highlighters which makes your face glow and look natural without any glitter and overpowering shimmer. It looks really good applied to the top of the cheekbones and on the nosebridge. The downside to this, is that if you use too much, your skin will look dirty. It's not too pigmented, which actually is a good thing, at least I think that. ;) The colours blended together looks really pretty, but I'm currently using only the lightest shades, which looks better on my skin rather then blending them all together. I'm pale with yellow undertones, and it doesn't show up on me as much as it does on people with darker skin (maybe NC30+). I think this matched every skintone well - but it will look better on people with more tan and darker skintone.

PROS
- Looks like natural glow when lightly applied to face.
- Doesn't fade during the day, lasts on my skin for 8 hours and maybe longer.
- Doesn't have shimmer and chunks of glitter in it, just pure glow.

CONS
- Can look dirty on skin if you by accident apply too much.
- Emphasises your acne or scarring A LOT if you apply it to areas where you have a little bit troubled skin.
- Can be quite invisible on the skin when pale.

I have been debating on this product for a while, I was trying to use up some of my other products before making this purchase because it is expensive....but sooooo worth the money. I am in love with this. I was worried that it would be too glittery on me, but it gives the perfect amount of shimmer, not over the top at all. I have only had it for a week but let me tell you, it's so gorgeous on the skin and holds up to just about anything. Last night I had this on when I worked out, I go right after work so no time to take my makeup off, and after an hour long sweatfest, it still looked great. I couldn't believe it!! I am so happy with this product and I would recommend it to everyone.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I gave into all the hype about this product. My expectations were high, which is usually what happens when I consistently read fantastic raves about an item (specifically high-end). But personally, it did not live up to the hype. It's packaging is gorgeous and the product in the pan is even more gorgeous! But it did not preform as beautifully on the skin.

If I were you, I'd go to Target or wherever sells ELF products and purchase their Golden Bronzer. It's in the black, Nars wannabe packaging for $3. Does what the Amber Diamond shimmer powder SHOULD do, but better. Yes, it does have the word "bronzer" in the name but it is definitely a light/pink/gold highlighter. No brown or bronze to be found in this product. Such a fantastic dupe and product in general. Can't beat the price!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is liquid gold in my opinion! Best highlighter I have ever used, am not even interested in trying another... It may be expensive but you use so little that it will last forever. I use this every time I do my makeup. Use my Sigma F35 tapered highlighter brush; cheekbones, nose, bam, done! Don't waste your money on anything else. Packaging is beautiful, highest quality of product.

Love this product! first item from dior i have ever tried and i am very happy!

only thing i dont like is the price 32.50 but for the brand and quality i can justify it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Lovely packaging, Lovely product. I've wanted this highlighter for ages and finally decided to treat myself to this during the holidays. Its certainly a gorgeous cheek highlight but it does function quite nicely as a subtle eyeshadow palette as well. Its great for travel with the large compact mirror. Although this product is expensive the quality is certainly up to par for the price you pay, its smooth, pigmented and has great lasting power. Although there is nothing incredibly unique about the colour of this product the effective it gives on the skin is unmatched in my opinion.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This. product. is. beautiful. Expensive? Absolutely. Worth it? Absolutely.

It reminds me a bit of MAC's soft and gentle MSF but much less glittery, much more natural. It is soft and lovely--- super finely milled. The shimmer is really just that... shimmer, not glitter. Applying a swirl of the whole compact to the tops of your cheekbones gives a natural, bronze highlight that makes you look lit from within. You skin just GLOWS. Applying just from the first two strips gives an even more natural light.

It can also easily be used as a brow highlight, inner corner highlight, etc etc. It is absolutely costly but I feel it is so, so worth it. The packaging is beautiful (the same as the Dior shadow quints), the product is even just beautiful to look at. Ugh, I just love it <3

What an amazing glow this provides. Truthfully, I bought once and returned due the crazy price...but not before I swatched it... and it stayed on my mind and I eventually found myself returning to buy it once again. The shimmer this provides is multi-dimensional, not overdone, just enough to catch a glow from certain angles. Love this and will continue to use up. At lease alot of product for the 44$ pricetag.