Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]
Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

mica, talc, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, zea mays (corn) starch, dimethicone, dipentaerythrityl hexahtdroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, isopropyl isostearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, sorbitan stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, butylene glycol, silica dimethyl silylate, aqua (water), nylon-12, polyacrylamide, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid, c13-14 isoparaffin, xanthan gum, laureth-7. [ /-: silica, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491 CI 77499 CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77007 (ultramarines) CI 19140 (yellow 5), CI 77742 (manganese violet) CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens)].

This product is amazing. So stands out !!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't really care that this is Dior, and how awesome the packaging is, etc. That's not why I buy beauty products (for the name).

What makes this highlighter so special is that it really, truly works. For something that seems like it should be an afterthought when you're putting on makeup, this is actually a super integral part to the whole look coming together.

Since buying it, I use it almost every time I wear makeup. Even on those quick-job days when I'm just doing concealer and bronzer... I add this on my cheekbones/bridge of nose for instant glow. It's awesome!

The only thing that you need to be careful with, is although this doesnt add grease to your face, it can accentuate any oiliness. So i'm extra careful when/if i apply to my tzone.

Last point - this product, although so expensive, lasts forever. Worth it.

Although this is a luxury highlighter & you may enjoy using it for that reason, the pros really stop there for me on this one. I found it to be an average highlighter and quite frosty which is not the look I go for since it adds years to my skin which is beginning to age (I'm 39 years old).

Many low end alternatives including Physician's Formula shimmer strip in Vegas strip give a similar affect, and you'll save a bundle. I was hoping for more with this, but for me it didn't live up to its hype.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

What is a beauty addict's worst nightmare? Falling in love with a product that is...sadly discontinued. That's what happened to me when I discovered the holy grail of highlighters, Dior Poudre shimmer, the universally famous Amber Diamond. I found out that, while it's still available at overseas Dior counters as Sephora US and Nordstrom, it's already been discontinued in best part of Europe but, after a frantic search on line, I was able to order it from Harrods (where else?), the famous London department store.

So now that I've got it, was it worth it?

In a word, yes. It is an incredibly flattering combination of shades ranging from champagne gold to soft golden bronze but what makes it outstanding is the formula. It is a very fined milled pressed powder that creates a natural sheen, never frosty or over the top, highlighting the cheeks with a subtle but definitely there glow. It doesn't darken the skin, don't be fooled, it's not a bronzer or a blush, but leaves a beautiful shimmer with warm undertones. I've been using it everyday for the last couple of weeks and it still looks brandnew, so I'm chauffed with my investment. If you can, snatch it before it's gone forever!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is liquid gold in my opinion! Best highlighter I have ever used, am not even interested in trying another... It may be expensive but you use so little that it will last forever. I use this every time I do my makeup. Use my Sigma F35 tapered highlighter brush; cheekbones, nose, bam, done! Don't waste your money on anything else. Packaging is beautiful, highest quality of product.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

After trying out all types of highlighters I love this the best. I thought it was just overhyped but I tried it on in Sephora and now I understand! Its sooooo beautiful when I apply this to my cheekbones. I get a gorgeous natural glow. I bought the Amber Diamond as well as the Rose Diamond and I love them equally. Definitely my holy grail highlighters! I highly recommend you go out and buy these now! If not at LEAST try them out!! Its worth every penny and they give you sooo much product that will last a long time!
Also the packaging is just BEAUTIFUL.

HOLY GRAIL HIGHLIGHTER

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This highlighter is very subtle and doesn't make my oily skin look oiler.
It just gives my face a nice dimension and it's almost impossible to overdo it even with a heavy hand.

Love it, would repurchase (although I don't ever think I'd run out because this stuff lasts forever)

It is a great highlighter but you can save your money and get a similar results with a drug store product

This is the most HE highlighter I own and it's the one I dislike the most. It leaves my cheekbones looking scaly and dry. I don't feel like this is anything special compared to other H/Ls I've tried (i.e. Lorac Spotlight, theBalm Mary Loumanizer). I haven't tried to 'repurpose' it on my eyes because I'm afraid it will give the same effect and I'm not about to rock the scaly-lid look right now.

Sadly this is a bust for me. It's a beautiful compact and looks nice in the pan, but on the face it's just not working for me.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this after watching Pixi2woo glowing-bronze tutorial. It gives a beautiful sheen to the skin. I like to use this as highlighter under the brow bone than those regular MAC shadows. Very beautiful, you should get it.