Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]
Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

mica, talc, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, zea mays (corn) starch, dimethicone, dipentaerythrityl hexahtdroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, isopropyl isostearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, sorbitan stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, butylene glycol, silica dimethyl silylate, aqua (water), nylon-12, polyacrylamide, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid, c13-14 isoparaffin, xanthan gum, laureth-7. [ /-: silica, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491 CI 77499 CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77007 (ultramarines) CI 19140 (yellow 5), CI 77742 (manganese violet) CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens)].

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

A really good highlighter! This is one of those highlighters which makes your face glow and look natural without any glitter and overpowering shimmer. It looks really good applied to the top of the cheekbones and on the nosebridge. The downside to this, is that if you use too much, your skin will look dirty. It's not too pigmented, which actually is a good thing, at least I think that. ;) The colours blended together looks really pretty, but I'm currently using only the lightest shades, which looks better on my skin rather then blending them all together. I'm pale with yellow undertones, and it doesn't show up on me as much as it does on people with darker skin (maybe NC30+). I think this matched every skintone well - but it will look better on people with more tan and darker skintone.

PROS
- Looks like natural glow when lightly applied to face.
- Doesn't fade during the day, lasts on my skin for 8 hours and maybe longer.
- Doesn't have shimmer and chunks of glitter in it, just pure glow.

CONS
- Can look dirty on skin if you by accident apply too much.
- Emphasises your acne or scarring A LOT if you apply it to areas where you have a little bit troubled skin.
- Can be quite invisible on the skin when pale.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't really care that this is Dior, and how awesome the packaging is, etc. That's not why I buy beauty products (for the name).

What makes this highlighter so special is that it really, truly works. For something that seems like it should be an afterthought when you're putting on makeup, this is actually a super integral part to the whole look coming together.

Since buying it, I use it almost every time I wear makeup. Even on those quick-job days when I'm just doing concealer and bronzer... I add this on my cheekbones/bridge of nose for instant glow. It's awesome!

The only thing that you need to be careful with, is although this doesnt add grease to your face, it can accentuate any oiliness. So i'm extra careful when/if i apply to my tzone.

Last point - this product, although so expensive, lasts forever. Worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I gave into all the hype about this product. My expectations were high, which is usually what happens when I consistently read fantastic raves about an item (specifically high-end). But personally, it did not live up to the hype. It's packaging is gorgeous and the product in the pan is even more gorgeous! But it did not preform as beautifully on the skin.

If I were you, I'd go to Target or wherever sells ELF products and purchase their Golden Bronzer. It's in the black, Nars wannabe packaging for $3. Does what the Amber Diamond shimmer powder SHOULD do, but better. Yes, it does have the word "bronzer" in the name but it is definitely a light/pink/gold highlighter. No brown or bronze to be found in this product. Such a fantastic dupe and product in general. Can't beat the price!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my first Dior purchase and I was very disappointed. It does give a glow, but it also has quite a bit of glitter. I just don't think glitter looks good as a highlight. I've also tried many different brushes with no luck. I'll just use it as eye shadow.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I absolutely adore this product. It gives my skin a healthy glow without making me look oily. The color suits me perfectly as it is flattering on my warm skin (NC25). It is finely milled and looks natural on the skin.

The only reason I wouldn't give this 5 lippies is because of 1. the price (granted, it will last me forever) and 2. it doesn't last all day on me.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It's like that Brazilian model, I just came back from an exotic vacation and i have flawless face, everyone be jealous of me highlighter! It's not glittery, not LOOK at me, not sweaty looking, it's exactly what they mean when they say healthy, bronzey, glow!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

*My favorite highlighter!* Amber Diamond contains five stripes of warm frosty shades: An ivory with golden-yellow frost, champagne, tan, bronze and golden peach. When all of the shades are swirled together, it creates a beautiful warm, champagne/tan glow. I tried comparing it to other highlighters of mine, but it's actually very different than anything I own. The only thing I could compare is the first strip of color is almost identical to Nars Albatross or MAC Vanilla Pigment. From the looks of it, it may be comparable to Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips or Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick, but from swatches I've seen, Amber Diamond seems a little less frosty & subtle. To be honest, at first I figured this highlighter was overrated. To me, it didn't look like anything special I should go run out and buy - but after trying it, I see what all of the hype is about. It is frosty - but when applied to the cheeks, it's so subtle and it almost becomes one with your skin. It's easy to blend and gives the prettiest glow that's not overpowering. (No disco ball, here!)
**PROS:** It's not too frosty, blends easily, doesn't make my skin look dirty (some frosty highlighters do!) and looks very natural! Also, I think it would be well suited for any skintone!
**CONS:** I can't really think of any, other than it doesn't include a brush (not a big deal) and it's a bit expensive ($44 for .35 oz). If you think about it though, a Nars blush is .16 oz for $27 and MAC is .21 oz for $19.50. So, it's a little more expensive than MAC, but less expensive than Nars in the long run. It's all up to you if it's worth the splurge!

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It took me a while to fall in love with this product. At first I could not really see the difference because I was only looking in my bathroom light. as soon as I go outside or to the local market everyone comments on how great my skin is, and my skin IS NOT GREAT. I recently used this in my boyfriends bathroom that has better lighting and natural light and I can totally see how spectacular this highlighter is. I am so glad I didn't return it because it is the perfect natural highlighter that gives a great golden-esk SHEEN not glitter. Makes my skin look healthy and beautiful. Worth the crazy high price tag, and I can't imagine needing to buy again for another year or two.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

My first Dior product. I adore this. It's so beautiful. Beautiful inner corner highlight, highlight for brow bones, and cheeks. Go ahead treat yourself, and get this beautiful shimmery powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love this product. It adds a nice glow that is a bronzy color. You can also highlight it with the lighter shade and it isn't over the top.