Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]
Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

mica, talc, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, zea mays (corn) starch, dimethicone, dipentaerythrityl hexahtdroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, isopropyl isostearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, sorbitan stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, butylene glycol, silica dimethyl silylate, aqua (water), nylon-12, polyacrylamide, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid, c13-14 isoparaffin, xanthan gum, laureth-7. [ /-: silica, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491 CI 77499 CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77007 (ultramarines) CI 19140 (yellow 5), CI 77742 (manganese violet) CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens)].

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I finally gotten the famous Dior Amber Diamond and I'm so glad I did! I bought this in one of my Sephora Hauls. I was very hesitant to purchase this because of the price tag. At $44, I was definitely hesitant! But I purchased this at the Sephora Friends and Family sale, so seeing that I get 20% off I thought I might as well. Plus, there was a rumor going around that it was going to get discontinued so I jumped on the band wagon. The powder is so finely milled it's amazing! The pigmentation is absolutely amazing! It looks so beautiful on the skin I can hardly believe it. I just love the shimmer and shine it give off. I'm between NC30-NC37. It is not oily looking at all, just gives a beautiful glow. You can use the colors separately but I prefer using the colors swirled together for a beautiful highlight. This powder can also work as an eyeshadow...using the lighter colors as a great inner highlight. My pictures do not do this highlighter any justice. It was definitely worth the price tag!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with the post below. I don't get it. This worked OK -- not great -- for me. I couldn't really see it very much, and when I did notice it, it never looked great. I don't know, maybe I am not using the right brush to apply but I prefer other luminizers. The kicker is that it crumbled into a nasty mess about a month after I bought it. It is unacceptable to pay so much for a product only for it to crumble so quickly.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

I really really wanted to love this product. I love Dior packaging and products, but this one just does not work on dark skin like mine the way I wanted it to. My skin tends to be dry in patches and oily the rest and this product just has way too much shimmer that settle in the oily creases. It does, however, give you an immediate all over glow that does not last too long if you are oily or sweat like me. It also, I suspect, irritates my skin because my pores start showing within half hour of having the product on my face. Might work for the rest of the body maybe, but I am not a shimmer person. I like the Benefit Watt's up sooo much better. And the price just cannot be justified any which way for the cons its has.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I used this prod on my first wedding day (In my culture we have three wedding ceremony days minimum). The other two days i had m/u professionally done. Personally, i thought i looked best that first day, and the pictures turned out pretty too. This has visible glitter though it is finely milled. It photographs really well and is good for special occasions. I prefer Lorac oil free luminizing powder now, for every day; it looks more natural and soft focus but maybe toooo subtle for some. This DIor one also can be usedas e/s!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

you could really do without this product, there are many highlighters/eyeshadows that are cheaper and can put the same amount of color for highlight. it's nice to have, but not a must-have.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Best highlighter! I have tried just about every luminizer/highlighter out there and this is the only one that is not a hot glitter mess. MAC Skinfinish had to much glitter and couldn't find the right shade. The compact has a range of shades from pearl to bronze - all perfect for olive skin tones.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

so I jumped on the band wagon and bought this product it was my first Dior product the most expensive thing I had bought other than one of my MAC brushes and it is totally worth it. I have a couple of cheaper similar shimmer highlighter products like the superdrug ME ME ME shimmy shimmers and a Sleek one, both are ok but they gave shimmer and colour in a slightly frosty glittery MSF way that i think makes you look a bit burnt well at least to me it does. this product was completely different. it is smoother and buttery soft and has a gorgeous expensive soft golden bronze candlelit glow. its more a sheen than shimmer which is what sets it apart from other products i have tried, to me its worth the money not just because it's a fantastic product but its also beautiful to look at and makes me happy just to own it - which is a bit sad i know but a girls makeup is kind of like an accessory in a way so I do make sense I think?? my tip - dont buy 3 or 4 cheap substitues that you will discard and not adore - buy 1 that you will love and want to use everyday

when applied with a brush it is a bit sheer still lovely and subtle but i have actually applied this with my fingers as well by sweeping across the colors and sweeping over top of cheek bones then blending out. this gives me a more intense almost liquid/ cream finish I tried this method as this was how i initially tested the product in Boots as there was no SA to provide a brush or help me, give it ago might work for you too

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this highlighter! It looks beautiful in pictures. The price is a little expensive but only a little product is needed to highlight so it will last a long time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love this product. It adds a nice glow that is a bronzy color. You can also highlight it with the lighter shade and it isn't over the top.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a perfect highlighter, especially in combination with peach or tan blushes. It reminds me a bit of MAC Shimpagne mineralize skinfinish. I use Amber Diamond to finish my look almost every day. The glow is so lovely and brightening, but not sparkly or overly shimmery. I also own Dior Rose Diamond shimmer powder, I think these powders are all amazing. and I like the compact, especially because of the mirror. I think this works on all skintones, I'm very fair and don't think it's too dark. I swirl all the colors together to apply. Pretty foolproof.