Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]
Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

mica, talc, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, zea mays (corn) starch, dimethicone, dipentaerythrityl hexahtdroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, isopropyl isostearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, sorbitan stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, butylene glycol, silica dimethyl silylate, aqua (water), nylon-12, polyacrylamide, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid, c13-14 isoparaffin, xanthan gum, laureth-7. [ /-: silica, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491 CI 77499 CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77007 (ultramarines) CI 19140 (yellow 5), CI 77742 (manganese violet) CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens)].

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is probably my favorite beauty product I've ever purchased. It is SO beautiful, such an amazing color complimentary to any skin tone, and it literally makes you glow. You can use the individual shades as eyeshadows, or mix them all together and apply anywhere you would like to highlight. The versatility, gorgeous color, and lasting power make this product totally worth the price. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a luxury beauty product that will make them look & feel amazing!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have repurchased several times. I usually use the AmberD in summer --- when my skin is a tinyyy bit deeper in color. I use the Pink in winter when I go back to my friendly ghost status.

I had forgotten to write any review on this.. I am getting old. That said, this does not highlight any fine lines or any oiliness for me (my skin is in it's normal mode now anyway)... but the sheen is glorious. It makes me look alive and awake and brightens the complexion.

I think this would work on most skin tones up to level 4.. but again, you must try it.

I always have a back up for both of the shades.

love

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this so much! It is an unbelievably creamy, soft, just beautiful powder highlighter. I'm an NC20-25 in the fall/winter, & this suits me then, or in the summer when I'm at my most tan (NC 30-35) because it has several varying shades. The *color* of this may be able to be duped with cheap imitations such as Physician's Formula shimmer strips, (which many say are a dupe of this) but that's it. I own both the PF & the Dior. The texture, beauty, subtlety, staying power, and finely-milled, silky-soft luxury of this Dior masterpiece cannot be duplicated. Neither can the happy feeling it gives me just to take out the pretty compact : ) Can u tell I adore this? I never feel nearly as fabulous when I take out my PF Waikiki strip, I have to say. And isn't that feeling part of the thrill of using HE makeup? That, and the amazing quality of course! Also, the PF shimmer strips are much, much frostier than the Amber Diamond. This is hard to pick up in pics, where they look very similar, but in real life, especially in the sunlight, the Dior is much more subtle than the PF, which looks like a glitter bomb exploded on ur face, and ends up all over ur face throughout the day. This gives you the most gorgeous sheen and luminousity when applied to your cheekbones, or anywhere else u like to highlight, and stays in the place u applied it throughout the day. It's not glittery, it just lights up your whole face and gives your makeup that finishing touch, that makes u look and feel amazing. It also doubles as an eyeshadow, and comes with 10 grams of product, which is about twice the size of your average highlighter. And did I mention the packaging? I still store mine in the adorable little velvet pouch it came in, I can't bring myself to throw it out lol, but the navy compact with CD on the front is very sturdy, luxurious, and elegant, with a large mirror that always comes in handy. This will work as a highlight on every skintone. Yes it's expensive @ $44, but I don't regret this fabulous splurge for a second! If u want a designer imposter, by all means, the PF is a pretty highlighter, although, NOT a dupe. But if u want perfection in powder form, go for the Dior. (I know some will vote this review unhelpful becuz i dared to say the HE product is better than the DS "dupe", but oh well, it's true!! LOL)

I LOVE this product. I initially found out about this through a makeup tutorial with Mille Mackintosh, and I immediately went out to buy it. I was surprised it wasn't out with all the other products on the counter, I had to ask the MUA for it, and she said this was because they are discontinuing it! I really hope they don't do this.

I swipe this over my cheeks, underneath eyebrows and a bit on the top of my forehead and it's beautiful. Really complements any blush, and perfect for summer.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a very fine milled highlighting powder. It has five stripes of color, in various champagne, golden toned shades. It makes a stunning highlight for cheek bones, cuspids bow inner eye corner and brow bone. It also looks lovely used as eye shadow.
The shimmer is so fine, it makes skin look luminous. Good quality product. Good job Dior!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Warning: if you purchase Amber Diamond in hopes of achieving an amazing glow, you will be disappointed. While this is product is gorgeous, it is not amazing. I wore it non stop for over a week trying to convince myself that it was worth the $44 I dropped on it. I was just not 'wowed' at all. First of all, it has nearly no staying power on my combination skin. Second, while the color is very pretty, I know there are other products out there that are similar, but for a lot less. I am still going to give Amber Diamond a four rating, because it does look nice on the skin and I appreciate that it goes on smooth. If you have tan/olive skin and are looking for highlighter that isn't the typical champagne shade, I would go with HUSH Cream Color Base by MAC. It suits our complexion just as well as this, but for only $17-$18.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This product is ok. I bought it because I thought it would be a subtle highlighter to use on my pale skin without adding any extra colour to my cheek bones. It doesn't work on my skin as the palest shade is a champagne with gold flecks in it and so it still looks like very obvious gold glitter on my cheeks. Not for pale people!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Gorgeous highlight! I've recently become a big fan of highlighters and this one is one of them! I only took off one lippy because of the price, but otherwise it'd be 5 all across the board! The fine shimmer on this powder is very fine. It almost feels a bit cream like. Looks gorgeous all over the face without having to look like a disco ball.

Great powder highlighter. Very subtle. best used with colours blended together. You would have to use your fingers in the bronze shades to actually get a bronze colour, not pigmented, very very lightly pigmented and all combined together you get a gorgeous soft golden vanilla glow. Not glittery, would last easy 2 years even if used every single day...impossible to use up quickly. Catches the light well,with or without foundation.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's not unique. I found a few dupe's for this one in one day of shopping. I have tested it and worn it, but it's not worth the $44 that we pay. It has nice packaging, but it's a basic highlighter. You can buy Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips in either Malibu or Miami. Bobbi Brown makes a Shimmer Brick in Beige that is another dupe. The price of the B.B. is only $4 less than the Dior, but the P.F. is only $12. It also doubles as eyeshadow. The powders are made in Italy, have a great quality, and they last all day. I took into account the shade match, texture, lasting power, and availability.
Victoria's Secret highlighter powder in White Hot is good for fair or light skin, but it is limited so get it asap.