Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]
Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

mica, talc, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, zea mays (corn) starch, dimethicone, dipentaerythrityl hexahtdroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, isopropyl isostearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, sorbitan stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, butylene glycol, silica dimethyl silylate, aqua (water), nylon-12, polyacrylamide, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid, c13-14 isoparaffin, xanthan gum, laureth-7. [ /-: silica, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491 CI 77499 CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77007 (ultramarines) CI 19140 (yellow 5), CI 77742 (manganese violet) CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens)].

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I like it, but as a wrote on my Rose Diamond's review, if you don't apply it in a gentle way, it looks too metallic, and I consider use it as a blush.
The coverage is buildable but the product texture is thicker than Guerlain Les meteorites, for example.
The product is soft, well pigmented, with a divine packaging,that surprisingly doesn't include a brush or any application accesory.
I would buy it again (I think its new name is Nude Shimmer Powder...). I'd keep this powder for the summertime, if you get tanned (in my case that doesn't happen), or for darker skin colours, maybe i'm too pale for it. But I like it..

This is a BEAUTIFUL highlighter, but unfortunately not great for my skintone. I'm fair, with warm undertones and this almost doesn't show up when applied to my cheekbones. I mostly use it as a brow highlight and innercorner (eye) highlighter, works great for that, but on my face it just doesn't show up! I guess this will be PERFECT on girls with tan/dark skin. The staying power isn't very well either, but it works (a couple of hours before fading). It's not too sparkly, it gives a pretty sheen. Gorgeous, but as I said, on my fair skin it just doesn't show up the way it should.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've had Rose Diamond for sometime now and I love it, so I knew I wanted to purchase Amber. It is equally as beautiful and adds a nice glow. It is very finely milled, and wont accentuate pores. They are the best highlighters, and IMO they are worth the more expensive price tag. Great packaging, but they are very fragile. I wouldn't throw it into a bag and go, because they may break. This is a multi-use product because..being VERY fair skinned I can use the lighter strips as a highlighter, and the darker ones as a bronzer. Love this product!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have repurchased several times. I usually use the AmberD in summer --- when my skin is a tinyyy bit deeper in color. I use the Pink in winter when I go back to my friendly ghost status.

I had forgotten to write any review on this.. I am getting old. That said, this does not highlight any fine lines or any oiliness for me (my skin is in it's normal mode now anyway)... but the sheen is glorious. It makes me look alive and awake and brightens the complexion.

I think this would work on most skin tones up to level 4.. but again, you must try it.

I always have a back up for both of the shades.

love

I have been debating on this product for a while, I was trying to use up some of my other products before making this purchase because it is expensive....but sooooo worth the money. I am in love with this. I was worried that it would be too glittery on me, but it gives the perfect amount of shimmer, not over the top at all. I have only had it for a week but let me tell you, it's so gorgeous on the skin and holds up to just about anything. Last night I had this on when I worked out, I go right after work so no time to take my makeup off, and after an hour long sweatfest, it still looked great. I couldn't believe it!! I am so happy with this product and I would recommend it to everyone.

saw youtubers rave about this and all the dior counters near my home were out of stock of it for months until i got my hands on one of these. i was so excited about this because i love highlighters and i saw how versatile it was supposed to be.

sadly i'm a bit disappointed. by no means am i saying this product is of low quality, but i think all the hype about this has sent my expectations too high. maybe i haven't mastered the exact skill to apply this, but it can sometimes appear quite glittery on my skin and be a bit over the top. nevertheless the effect that it gives is gorgeous but i wouldn't wear this to work, just for night outs or very special occasions. i'm grateful that it didn't cost me a fortune.

oh well, every girl has a materialistic side and i'm no exception. the fact that this is often out of stock and the rumors that it's gonna be discontinued still makes me so thrilled to own an amber diamond shimmer powder.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Lovely packaging, Lovely product. I've wanted this highlighter for ages and finally decided to treat myself to this during the holidays. Its certainly a gorgeous cheek highlight but it does function quite nicely as a subtle eyeshadow palette as well. Its great for travel with the large compact mirror. Although this product is expensive the quality is certainly up to par for the price you pay, its smooth, pigmented and has great lasting power. Although there is nothing incredibly unique about the colour of this product the effective it gives on the skin is unmatched in my opinion.

I think like most people who coveted this highlighter, it has been on my wishlist for a while because of the price. I buy makeup all of the time, more than I should but I just could not justify it for one highlighter for some reason. I finally purchased it and I returned it. I was more than excited to finally have it and used it everyday but it never ever wowed me. I did not care for the color or effect at all. From my experience I think it would have been nicer if it had more white or beige rather than orange (which I know would defeat the purpose and name) but that is why I did not care for it. I think it suits tanner deeper skin tones better even though I am not that fair (about NC 25). I am not taking a star away for color though because that is preference. Rather, it is due to the application and wear. It was honestly just okay. I read and heard that it gave the skin a beautiful glow and I think it made my cheeks look flakey and uneven. The wear was about average for me. I really prefer theBalm Mary Louminizer. I probably would have kept it if it was cheaper but not at this price.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This. product. is. beautiful. Expensive? Absolutely. Worth it? Absolutely.

It reminds me a bit of MAC's soft and gentle MSF but much less glittery, much more natural. It is soft and lovely--- super finely milled. The shimmer is really just that... shimmer, not glitter. Applying a swirl of the whole compact to the tops of your cheekbones gives a natural, bronze highlight that makes you look lit from within. You skin just GLOWS. Applying just from the first two strips gives an even more natural light.

It can also easily be used as a brow highlight, inner corner highlight, etc etc. It is absolutely costly but I feel it is so, so worth it. The packaging is beautiful (the same as the Dior shadow quints), the product is even just beautiful to look at. Ugh, I just love it <3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I just bought this about a week ago but I am LOVING it! I have oily skin so I never bought highlighters before, why emphasize something I want to hide? But then I got a foundation that took all glow away, so I had to buy one. This is great!! I am Clinique Alabaster, BE Fair, very pale, pink undertones so I was surprised that the Amber Diamond looked amazing on me! It goes on like a dream and blends so easily onto the skin and lasts a long time (even after a baseball game in st. louis heat)! I have even been using the two darkest colors on my eyes as a base and crease color. It is a great value and will last forever! And it comes in a nice little velvet pouch to add to the luxury feel! I will probably get the Rose Diamond one as well!