Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 30-35
Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]
Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

mica, talc, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, zea mays (corn) starch, dimethicone, dipentaerythrityl hexahtdroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, isopropyl isostearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, sorbitan stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, butylene glycol, silica dimethyl silylate, aqua (water), nylon-12, polyacrylamide, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid, c13-14 isoparaffin, xanthan gum, laureth-7. [ /-: silica, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491 CI 77499 CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77007 (ultramarines) CI 19140 (yellow 5), CI 77742 (manganese violet) CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens)].

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've had Rose Diamond for sometime now and I love it, so I knew I wanted to purchase Amber. It is equally as beautiful and adds a nice glow. It is very finely milled, and wont accentuate pores. They are the best highlighters, and IMO they are worth the more expensive price tag. Great packaging, but they are very fragile. I wouldn't throw it into a bag and go, because they may break. This is a multi-use product because..being VERY fair skinned I can use the lighter strips as a highlighter, and the darker ones as a bronzer. Love this product!

I think like most people who coveted this highlighter, it has been on my wishlist for a while because of the price. I buy makeup all of the time, more than I should but I just could not justify it for one highlighter for some reason. I finally purchased it and I returned it. I was more than excited to finally have it and used it everyday but it never ever wowed me. I did not care for the color or effect at all. From my experience I think it would have been nicer if it had more white or beige rather than orange (which I know would defeat the purpose and name) but that is why I did not care for it. I think it suits tanner deeper skin tones better even though I am not that fair (about NC 25). I am not taking a star away for color though because that is preference. Rather, it is due to the application and wear. It was honestly just okay. I read and heard that it gave the skin a beautiful glow and I think it made my cheeks look flakey and uneven. The wear was about average for me. I really prefer theBalm Mary Louminizer. I probably would have kept it if it was cheaper but not at this price.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I like this mainly because it gives me a nice glow without looking glittery or just over the top. A lot of highlighters hardly show up on my NC40-42 skin and if they do, they look too fake or obvious. This looks very natural on me. It also goes on very smoothly as well. The lasting power could be better considerering the price so I had to take off a point. I would probably rebuy this despite cringing at the price. I have dry and clear skin so I can't comment on whether it emphasizes pores, oily skin, or acne scars.

This is the most HE highlighter I own and it's the one I dislike the most. It leaves my cheekbones looking scaly and dry. I don't feel like this is anything special compared to other H/Ls I've tried (i.e. Lorac Spotlight, theBalm Mary Loumanizer). I haven't tried to 'repurpose' it on my eyes because I'm afraid it will give the same effect and I'm not about to rock the scaly-lid look right now.

Sadly this is a bust for me. It's a beautiful compact and looks nice in the pan, but on the face it's just not working for me.

i finally broke down and purchased this because of all the rumours that it was being discontinued. i am a total dior girl, so i had to get it. it's been on my wishlist for a while. now it looks too OTT on my nc40 olive skin when i apply with a brush, but with my fingers it looks just perfect. subtle, radiant and smooth. i am very glad i purchased it. i am sooo tempted by the rose diamond but i don't have the budget right now.

as much as i want to love this, it does not look good on me. it looks kind of chalky and artificial almost... instead of using this as a highlighter, i utilize it as eye shadow more. the lightest shade as brow bone highlight and other shades on the lid. i have yet found a suitable highlighter for my skin. i have tried lorac spotlight...which did not look good and i own nars albatross, which is too yellowy, shimmery so i am currently not using highlighter and use a light shimmery/ brightening blush towards the top of the cheekbones to give a glowy effect.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I adore this highligher. If you have large pores and tend to get oily, this is the best highlighter for you. I have tried several highlighters from deptartment to drugstore over the years only to be left with chunks of glitter everywhere. Now, this is very expensive ($44 US) for a highlighter but I feel that it is worth every penny. I'm blown away by the high quality of this. This powder is so finely milled and feels silky soft on the skin. You only need one quick swipe to make your whole face radiant so this will last you years. I've had mine for about 2 years now and still plenty left. You won't get obvious glitter with this highlighter. Amber Diamond gives off this soft focus glowing sheen that looks very natural. The color in the pan looks dark but no actual color shows up on my skin. What I get is a veil of a warm candle light glow that makes my sallow olive skin appear bright and fresh.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

I really really wanted to love this product. I love Dior packaging and products, but this one just does not work on dark skin like mine the way I wanted it to. My skin tends to be dry in patches and oily the rest and this product just has way too much shimmer that settle in the oily creases. It does, however, give you an immediate all over glow that does not last too long if you are oily or sweat like me. It also, I suspect, irritates my skin because my pores start showing within half hour of having the product on my face. Might work for the rest of the body maybe, but I am not a shimmer person. I like the Benefit Watt's up sooo much better. And the price just cannot be justified any which way for the cons its has.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This highlighter puts Bobbi Brown's shimmer brick into SHAME! This is by far the best powder highlighter Ive ever used ! I had really long time to enjoy a Dior product that much . Applies effortless on the skin ,never streaky always looks very uniform, and gives the most fabulous dewy finish. Most powders like this one they are just matte powders with shimmer in them this one looks like you have used a cream product! The color is just perfect pure beige color but more on the bronzy side perfect for layering it over bronzers. The think that amazed me the most is that applies on the skin and you just cant see any shimmer particles on your face just pure glow is just amazing ! You really need the smallest possible amount of product each time so literally this powder gonna last you probably a life time. I use the first two colors on the top of my cheek bones and I mix all the shades together for the rest of my face cheeks,forehead,chin. if you have very oily skin you probably not gonna like this one. I find the consistency of this powder quite "emollient" causing even more oil production. Usually products like this one look very shimmery and fake on the skin but this one blends wonderfully into the skin giving a wonderful sheen, I have nothing negative to say about this product I just love it !

I really really tried to love this product.

I'm an NC 40 (like the reviewer below me) but my undertones are a clear, almost cool, yellow in nature.

I could not for the life of me get this to show up; once I shellacked enough to get it visible, it looked like I'd rubbed my face in frost. I also by this time found got frustrated that I'd spent so much time layering on high-lighter; it's supposed to be a quick touch'n'go at the end, not a watercolor-level art exercise.

I'm sure this is fab on people with slightly different undertones or overall lighter skin; it was absolutely fail on me. I swapped it to someone who hopefully likes it better than I did.