Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 25-29
Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]
Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08 [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

mica, talc, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, zea mays (corn) starch, dimethicone, dipentaerythrityl hexahtdroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, isopropyl isostearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, sorbitan stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, butylene glycol, silica dimethyl silylate, aqua (water), nylon-12, polyacrylamide, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid, c13-14 isoparaffin, xanthan gum, laureth-7. [ /-: silica, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491 CI 77499 CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77007 (ultramarines) CI 19140 (yellow 5), CI 77742 (manganese violet) CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens)].

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate to be the makeup grinch but this product so didn't cut it for me. I wanted to like it , in fact I wanted to love it ,but alas I didn't even come close . This highlighter is very subtle and light. I don't feel it truly accentuates the face in the way a highlighter should . I'm going to go ahead and say I regret buying this product and recommend anyone who is interested in purchasing it test it out at sephora before investing .

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't really care that this is Dior, and how awesome the packaging is, etc. That's not why I buy beauty products (for the name).

What makes this highlighter so special is that it really, truly works. For something that seems like it should be an afterthought when you're putting on makeup, this is actually a super integral part to the whole look coming together.

Since buying it, I use it almost every time I wear makeup. Even on those quick-job days when I'm just doing concealer and bronzer... I add this on my cheekbones/bridge of nose for instant glow. It's awesome!

The only thing that you need to be careful with, is although this doesnt add grease to your face, it can accentuate any oiliness. So i'm extra careful when/if i apply to my tzone.

Last point - this product, although so expensive, lasts forever. Worth it.

This is a wonderful highlighter to warm up the face and give it a little something extra. I have a cooler toned complexion so i didn't know how well it would work out but I ended up loving it. The powder particles are really fine so I love how it doesn't accentuate my large pores. It may seem a little pricey but the compact contains a decent amount of product so it still seems like a good deal. I got mine during a Sephora sale a year and half ago and still have a lot left. Love love!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It took me a while to get this product as I am the one who prefers (or tries!) to use up products before buying a new one, and as I had BeneFit High beam already, I was admiring from afar. My BeneFit was finishing when my husband surprised me with this. And I must say I absolutely love it. It gives subtle light to my skin and makes it look gorgeous!!
I had concern before getting this about the shades, and whether Rose Diamond was more suitable for my skin, but I must say whether you like that bronzey look or not, this doesn't actually give much color just lovely warm sheen, so it works on all skintone. The packaging is classic and luxurious. I think they are a bit heavier than Chanel packaging, but that sure does make them feel more luxurious.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this so much! It is an unbelievably creamy, soft, just beautiful powder highlighter. I'm an NC20-25 in the fall/winter, & this suits me then, or in the summer when I'm at my most tan (NC 30-35) because it has several varying shades. The *color* of this may be able to be duped with cheap imitations such as Physician's Formula shimmer strips, (which many say are a dupe of this) but that's it. I own both the PF & the Dior. The texture, beauty, subtlety, staying power, and finely-milled, silky-soft luxury of this Dior masterpiece cannot be duplicated. Neither can the happy feeling it gives me just to take out the pretty compact : ) Can u tell I adore this? I never feel nearly as fabulous when I take out my PF Waikiki strip, I have to say. And isn't that feeling part of the thrill of using HE makeup? That, and the amazing quality of course! Also, the PF shimmer strips are much, much frostier than the Amber Diamond. This is hard to pick up in pics, where they look very similar, but in real life, especially in the sunlight, the Dior is much more subtle than the PF, which looks like a glitter bomb exploded on ur face, and ends up all over ur face throughout the day. This gives you the most gorgeous sheen and luminousity when applied to your cheekbones, or anywhere else u like to highlight, and stays in the place u applied it throughout the day. It's not glittery, it just lights up your whole face and gives your makeup that finishing touch, that makes u look and feel amazing. It also doubles as an eyeshadow, and comes with 10 grams of product, which is about twice the size of your average highlighter. And did I mention the packaging? I still store mine in the adorable little velvet pouch it came in, I can't bring myself to throw it out lol, but the navy compact with CD on the front is very sturdy, luxurious, and elegant, with a large mirror that always comes in handy. This will work as a highlight on every skintone. Yes it's expensive @ $44, but I don't regret this fabulous splurge for a second! If u want a designer imposter, by all means, the PF is a pretty highlighter, although, NOT a dupe. But if u want perfection in powder form, go for the Dior. (I know some will vote this review unhelpful becuz i dared to say the HE product is better than the DS "dupe", but oh well, it's true!! LOL)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this after watching Pixi2woo glowing-bronze tutorial. It gives a beautiful sheen to the skin. I like to use this as highlighter under the brow bone than those regular MAC shadows. Very beautiful, you should get it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

After purchasing rose diamond and loving it so much, I was very excited to try amber diamond. I was afraid it might end up looking a little too brown/bronzy on, but it actually looks amazing on my NC20 skin! I've found that with rose diamond, I can sometimes overdo it and end up looking slightly too pink, but the shades in amber diamond blend in with my skin even better and really do just leave me with a healthy glow. I would best describe the color of the highlighter on my skin as gold, but it is not obviously gold. Just a warm sheen. It's beautiful! I just swipe it over the tops of my cheekbones and it really completes my look. I would definitely repurchase this, if it weren't discontinued, and I'm afraid I will have a hard time finding a replacement for it. Just like with rose diamond, there are no obvious glitter chunks. This is a very sophisticated highlighter, and I am very happy with it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with the post below. I don't get it. This worked OK -- not great -- for me. I couldn't really see it very much, and when I did notice it, it never looked great. I don't know, maybe I am not using the right brush to apply but I prefer other luminizers. The kicker is that it crumbled into a nasty mess about a month after I bought it. It is unacceptable to pay so much for a product only for it to crumble so quickly.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Beautiful subtle highlighter. Very pretty on the cheekbones and as a eyebrow highlight. This is not a high drama highlighter ( infact im currently searching for one) its more natural and classy. I have to agree with some of the other reviews in that the staying power is not great and you can probably find something that last longer for a cheaper price, but i still love how smooth and subtle it is. I would buy again, although i dont see myself running out any time soon.
For referance i am NC47-50 and it shows up as a beautiful goldie shimmer on me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This product is ok. I bought it because I thought it would be a subtle highlighter to use on my pale skin without adding any extra colour to my cheek bones. It doesn't work on my skin as the palest shade is a champagne with gold flecks in it and so it still looks like very obvious gold glitter on my cheeks. Not for pale people!