Stila Eye Shadow Quad in Marrakesh

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

4.5

I am fair skinned and really love this palette. I bought it a couple of years ago from the now defunct TJ Hughes for <10. Bargain. I think it might be discontinued? Anyway, there are 4 pans of shadow: gold, mid/deep brown and 2 rose gold colours. All have some degree of shimmer, however the shimmer is not OTT and doesn't look glittery or sparkly. To me, it is just the right amount to make your eyes pop. I know some of the previous reviews have complained that the size of the shadows is smaller than Stila's usual size. Even so, the sizes are generous and even with frequent use have lasted a long time for me. I find the gold colour used alone with dramatic liquid eyeliner is my standard look. Sometimes I use the pinks on top for a bit more colour. The brown can be used for contouring/blending but I am too lazy usually. Heh. The quality of the shadows is good and I have no complaints about pigmentation.

I deducted points because the 2 pink colours look v similar and I don't use 3/4 colours very often.

The packaging is ok. Not bad, but not special. Silver plastic with flowers, seems fairly robust, mirror on inside is good size for makeup application on the go.

I still love this palette and have bought a backup palette in case I ever run out. I notice this is on sale at Argos right now and is <5.

Love love love