Stila Eye Shadow Quad in Marrakesh

Filtered by hair type : Curly

2.5

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am pretty disappointed by this quad. I have purchased Stila eyeshadows before and the pigmentation and quality was always great. The colors are really gorgeous in the pots and I thought it would come up lovely on my darker skin. WRONG. The two pinks and the gold have hardly any pigmentation and it just leaves my eyelids glittery without any color. I looked like I was trying to use a little girl's makeup set.Too bad because this quad had potential.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this from Costco for under $16 -- it came in a blister pack with mascara, liner and a brush. I'm really glad it was relatively cheap, because I'm not impressed with the shadows. It's been a long time since I've bought Stila, and now I remember why! The shimmer is really, really overpowering. And it's too bad, because the colors are just lovely. The darkest color, a deep rose, is fabulous and the least shimmery of the four. The other three are just way too sparkly for my taste. The two lightest colors barely show up on my skin--except for the shimmer, which shines like a beacon. They don't have good staying power, even with a primer underneath. If you feel compelled to try these, save yourself a lot of money and buy the Wet n' Wild Paradise Cove eyeshadow palette. I have it, and it is similar to the Stila quad, except less shiny and way cheaper. Comparable in quality, too -- really!