Stila Eye Shadow Quad in Marrakesh

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

3.7

I love it.. I don't love it enough to splurge on this product.. the colours are amazing let me tell you that! I love the pigmentation, the colours are so lovely aswell.. the bottom left shade looks gold in the palette but applied it looks like super orgasm! pinky gold shimmer.. I love it.

The downside is that the quad is small and the compact is big,, so it just looks a little like a rip off to me. If I were rich I would purchase it again but I'm not.. sorry I'm going to have to let this go..

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

First of all, I adore Stila shadows and I love the Montmartre quad. I was thrilled to receive Marrakesh in a swap. When I opened it, it took my breath away, the colours are gorgeous. Unfortunately, they just don't show up on my skin and look very unremarkable. Maybe they would work better on darker skin? I'm so sad these don't work for me. I'd love to find some mac dupes of the lighter shades.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this from Costco for under $16 -- it came in a blister pack with mascara, liner and a brush. I'm really glad it was relatively cheap, because I'm not impressed with the shadows. It's been a long time since I've bought Stila, and now I remember why! The shimmer is really, really overpowering. And it's too bad, because the colors are just lovely. The darkest color, a deep rose, is fabulous and the least shimmery of the four. The other three are just way too sparkly for my taste. The two lightest colors barely show up on my skin--except for the shimmer, which shines like a beacon. They don't have good staying power, even with a primer underneath. If you feel compelled to try these, save yourself a lot of money and buy the Wet n' Wild Paradise Cove eyeshadow palette. I have it, and it is similar to the Stila quad, except less shiny and way cheaper. Comparable in quality, too -- really!

I love the packaging. It is sturdy yet pretty. But the colors are way too shimmery for me - I prefer more matte shades. There is one dark color that is less glittery, but that hardly justifies me holding on to the whole pallette. Also, the colors in this quad don't seem to go together.

This palette is decent, but not worth MSRP of $38! The palette is smaller than most Stila palettes, with the shadows being about the size of a nickel. The shadows seem to be of lesser quality than what I expect from Stila, they are almost crumbly and are not as soft and buttery as usual (not that these shadows aren't great quality - they are! But they feel different from regular Stila shadows). I love the dark liner color, it has flecks of dark pink or red shimmer in it. This palette is great for everyday looks, but for those who own the Pon Pon Gerbera trio, save your money because these two palettes are very similar with the exception that there's a gold color in the Marrakesh.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Each color is unique and beautiful but it can be difficult to figure out how these colors go together. The textures are great, packaging is great, and each color individually is very beautiful. I am sure to get some miles out of this one and I do not regret purchasing, but I think I wont repurchase only because I like trying new things and there are other new Stila products/palettes I want to try.

Added later: After further use, I will probably buy this again. The colors actually do go together, just refer to their website and they have a tutorial. I especially like the yellow-gold color. It is gorgeous. Glad I bought this.

Love love love

I bought it on ebay for $16... with a bronzer... Totally worth it :D

It has brown, tan, pink and a beige-ish/pink eyeshadow. All of the colors are a tiny bit shimmery. Together it looks BEAUTIFUL. I use MAC 217 brush and brown eyeliner with it. It blends really well and the quality of the eyeshadow is great! It stays on, even after biking to school.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this quad. Yes, It's expensive, especially for the amount of shadow you get (in Europe, about 30 EUR, even more expensive than in US), but I think it's worth it if you like the colours. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have bought this if I didn't know I would use all four shadows. I rarely come across a palette in which I use all colours, usually at least one or two don't work for me. Not with this quad, even though the top left shadow seems a bit cooler than the rest. I find they work together very well, especially the top two and all of them with the brown shade. Actually, the one I like least is the gold, but that's just because I absolutely love the remaining three and I have a soft spot for soft shimmery pinks. The quality is great, like Stila's singles, they're nicely pigmented, very soft and blend easily. All four are noticeably shimmery, so if you don't like that, better skip this.
One major con: I got a quad in which three of the pans were unstuck, so if you turned over the quad they would fall out. It seems that some of the Marrakesh palettes are flawed, or the glue doesn't hold too well. I was prepared for that since I read on Sephora's site that it happened to others, so I handled it carefully and stuck them back with a bit of ordinary glue. I haven't had any problems with the packaging since, but if you buy this, do check if all your shadows are firmly attached to the compact.

I am typically a MAC girl at heart, but I have been SOOOO impressed with Stila lately! I got this quad on sale and noticed that it is originally priced at $38!!! To me, that is WAAAY to expensive for this product. The eye shadows are about the size of a nickel, smaller than a typical MAC eyeshadow. However, for the sale price, I would buy this again and again and again! I was SOOO surprised at how SOFT and pigmented these shadows were!
They are GORGEOUS colors for summer, and I applied the dark brown color to my crease and I totally messed it up! When I went to blend it, I was in sheer amazement! It looked perfect! I have never had an eyeshadow blend sooo incredibly beautifully.
This product also comes with a mirror and a very sturdy, cute hard shell case, which I love for throwing in your purse.
I will be buying more Stila eyeshadows after this experience! I LOVE this!