Stila Eye Shadow Quad in Marrakesh

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

3.5

This palette is decent, but not worth MSRP of $38! The palette is smaller than most Stila palettes, with the shadows being about the size of a nickel. The shadows seem to be of lesser quality than what I expect from Stila, they are almost crumbly and are not as soft and buttery as usual (not that these shadows aren't great quality - they are! But they feel different from regular Stila shadows). I love the dark liner color, it has flecks of dark pink or red shimmer in it. This palette is great for everyday looks, but for those who own the Pon Pon Gerbera trio, save your money because these two palettes are very similar with the exception that there's a gold color in the Marrakesh.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this palette. The colors are very pretty and work perfectly together. The quality of Stila's eyeshadows rivals MAC. They blend nicely and have just the right amount of shimmer. I will buy this palette again and again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

There's a reason why it's up on my swap list.

Don't get me wrong, I love Stila! But IDK about this quad. The top two e/s look exactly the same on my skin. I only like the gold and dark brown colors, but I wouldn't buy it again just for those colors b/c I can always find dupes. Following in the Stila fashion, the e/s are soft. Some people like that, I guess I'm just not used to it. It crumbles too much for me. I still love Stila, but I'm not in love with this quad.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Well, of the two new stila four pans, this one is all existing colors while the other is all new. Released January 2008, Marrakesh retails for $38. Stila has also shrunk the size of the eyeshadow pans from large ones to MAC size. Kinda of disappointing. Other than that, the texture is the same. This kit comes with Rhyme, sun, twig, and oasis. Oasis is a shimmery gold with a slight coppery hint to it, Rhyme a pro color, which is a shimmery light pink with a mauvey undertone to it. You also get the standard twig, a shimmery brown bronze with a reddish undertone to it and finally sun, a shimmery peachy rose shimmer. Pretty but expensive.