Stila Eye Shadow Quad in Marrakesh

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.2

I love it.. I don't love it enough to splurge on this product.. the colours are amazing let me tell you that! I love the pigmentation, the colours are so lovely aswell.. the bottom left shade looks gold in the palette but applied it looks like super orgasm! pinky gold shimmer.. I love it.

The downside is that the quad is small and the compact is big,, so it just looks a little like a rip off to me. If I were rich I would purchase it again but I'm not.. sorry I'm going to have to let this go..

I am fair skinned and really love this palette. I bought it a couple of years ago from the now defunct TJ Hughes for <10. Bargain. I think it might be discontinued? Anyway, there are 4 pans of shadow: gold, mid/deep brown and 2 rose gold colours. All have some degree of shimmer, however the shimmer is not OTT and doesn't look glittery or sparkly. To me, it is just the right amount to make your eyes pop. I know some of the previous reviews have complained that the size of the shadows is smaller than Stila's usual size. Even so, the sizes are generous and even with frequent use have lasted a long time for me. I find the gold colour used alone with dramatic liquid eyeliner is my standard look. Sometimes I use the pinks on top for a bit more colour. The brown can be used for contouring/blending but I am too lazy usually. Heh. The quality of the shadows is good and I have no complaints about pigmentation.

I deducted points because the 2 pink colours look v similar and I don't use 3/4 colours very often.

The packaging is ok. Not bad, but not special. Silver plastic with flowers, seems fairly robust, mirror on inside is good size for makeup application on the go.

I still love this palette and have bought a backup palette in case I ever run out. I notice this is on sale at Argos right now and is <5.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I was so lucky to stumble on this product recently for $15 (Australian), I love Stila eyeshadows, they always have such great colour payoff - and this one doesn't disappoint. The shades are beautiful, and work very well on my dark (NC42) skin. Love the packaging as well!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this from Costco for under $16 -- it came in a blister pack with mascara, liner and a brush. I'm really glad it was relatively cheap, because I'm not impressed with the shadows. It's been a long time since I've bought Stila, and now I remember why! The shimmer is really, really overpowering. And it's too bad, because the colors are just lovely. The darkest color, a deep rose, is fabulous and the least shimmery of the four. The other three are just way too sparkly for my taste. The two lightest colors barely show up on my skin--except for the shimmer, which shines like a beacon. They don't have good staying power, even with a primer underneath. If you feel compelled to try these, save yourself a lot of money and buy the Wet n' Wild Paradise Cove eyeshadow palette. I have it, and it is similar to the Stila quad, except less shiny and way cheaper. Comparable in quality, too -- really!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Each color is unique and beautiful but it can be difficult to figure out how these colors go together. The textures are great, packaging is great, and each color individually is very beautiful. I am sure to get some miles out of this one and I do not regret purchasing, but I think I wont repurchase only because I like trying new things and there are other new Stila products/palettes I want to try.

Added later: After further use, I will probably buy this again. The colors actually do go together, just refer to their website and they have a tutorial. I especially like the yellow-gold color. It is gorgeous. Glad I bought this.

Love love love

I bought it on ebay for $16... with a bronzer... Totally worth it :D

It has brown, tan, pink and a beige-ish/pink eyeshadow. All of the colors are a tiny bit shimmery. Together it looks BEAUTIFUL. I use MAC 217 brush and brown eyeliner with it. It blends really well and the quality of the eyeshadow is great! It stays on, even after biking to school.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

these colors are really pretty but all together too shimmering to wear together on a normal basis. they would make great accents to your eyeshadow but super overpowering if worn together. i like this quad but i don't love it

I am typically a MAC girl at heart, but I have been SOOOO impressed with Stila lately! I got this quad on sale and noticed that it is originally priced at $38!!! To me, that is WAAAY to expensive for this product. The eye shadows are about the size of a nickel, smaller than a typical MAC eyeshadow. However, for the sale price, I would buy this again and again and again! I was SOOO surprised at how SOFT and pigmented these shadows were!
They are GORGEOUS colors for summer, and I applied the dark brown color to my crease and I totally messed it up! When I went to blend it, I was in sheer amazement! It looked perfect! I have never had an eyeshadow blend sooo incredibly beautifully.
This product also comes with a mirror and a very sturdy, cute hard shell case, which I love for throwing in your purse.
I will be buying more Stila eyeshadows after this experience! I LOVE this!

Pigmentation is great and the colors are very versitile. The only down side is that it is very pricey!