Stila Eye Shadow Quad in Marrakesh

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

4.8

I am fair skinned and really love this palette. I bought it a couple of years ago from the now defunct TJ Hughes for <10. Bargain. I think it might be discontinued? Anyway, there are 4 pans of shadow: gold, mid/deep brown and 2 rose gold colours. All have some degree of shimmer, however the shimmer is not OTT and doesn't look glittery or sparkly. To me, it is just the right amount to make your eyes pop. I know some of the previous reviews have complained that the size of the shadows is smaller than Stila's usual size. Even so, the sizes are generous and even with frequent use have lasted a long time for me. I find the gold colour used alone with dramatic liquid eyeliner is my standard look. Sometimes I use the pinks on top for a bit more colour. The brown can be used for contouring/blending but I am too lazy usually. Heh. The quality of the shadows is good and I have no complaints about pigmentation.

I deducted points because the 2 pink colours look v similar and I don't use 3/4 colours very often.

The packaging is ok. Not bad, but not special. Silver plastic with flowers, seems fairly robust, mirror on inside is good size for makeup application on the go.

I still love this palette and have bought a backup palette in case I ever run out. I notice this is on sale at Argos right now and is <5.

I was lucky to find this product for a total steal when on holiday in another state, I was so excited to try it and I'm so glad I got it. It is just beautiful, I think the standout shade is the brown shade, it looks amazing as a crease colour on my blue/green eyes. The texture is smooth and so blendable, I love the brown in the crease with the pink on the lid or the gold on the lid. The only colour I just don't know what to do with is the top right colour, however it is a really lovely colour so I'm sure you lovely ladies would be able to do beautiful things with it. Read on for swatches

continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this palette. The colors are very pretty and work perfectly together. The quality of Stila's eyeshadows rivals MAC. They blend nicely and have just the right amount of shimmer. I will buy this palette again and again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love the packaging! Love the shimmer! Love the neutral/earthy/natural shades! Love the texture, pigmentation, everything but the price. $32?!? *runs screaming* I bought it anyway and am pleased. With this quad and Kitten, I'm set for a good many months to come.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my first try with Stila eyeshadow, and I gotta say, gals, I am a Stila fan for life. Beautifully pigmented, lasts all day, nice presentation and generous portions. I love the color combo, and it has just enough pearly shimmer without being glittery. Sephora opened a year or two ago here in my hometown, and it's a dangerous place to go for my budget. I don't dare to take count of how many shadows I now own, but Stila is right up there with my MAC-happy favorites. Highly recommended (I am a PPP with dark brown eyes and mid-forties in age).