Stila Eye Shadow Quad in Marrakesh

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

3.8

I love the packaging. It is sturdy yet pretty. But the colors are way too shimmery for me - I prefer more matte shades. There is one dark color that is less glittery, but that hardly justifies me holding on to the whole pallette. Also, the colors in this quad don't seem to go together.

I love it.. I don't love it enough to splurge on this product.. the colours are amazing let me tell you that! I love the pigmentation, the colours are so lovely aswell.. the bottom left shade looks gold in the palette but applied it looks like super orgasm! pinky gold shimmer.. I love it.

The downside is that the quad is small and the compact is big,, so it just looks a little like a rip off to me. If I were rich I would purchase it again but I'm not.. sorry I'm going to have to let this go..

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

First of all, I adore Stila shadows and I love the Montmartre quad. I was thrilled to receive Marrakesh in a swap. When I opened it, it took my breath away, the colours are gorgeous. Unfortunately, they just don't show up on my skin and look very unremarkable. Maybe they would work better on darker skin? I'm so sad these don't work for me. I'd love to find some mac dupes of the lighter shades.

This palette is decent, but not worth MSRP of $38! The palette is smaller than most Stila palettes, with the shadows being about the size of a nickel. The shadows seem to be of lesser quality than what I expect from Stila, they are almost crumbly and are not as soft and buttery as usual (not that these shadows aren't great quality - they are! But they feel different from regular Stila shadows). I love the dark liner color, it has flecks of dark pink or red shimmer in it. This palette is great for everyday looks, but for those who own the Pon Pon Gerbera trio, save your money because these two palettes are very similar with the exception that there's a gold color in the Marrakesh.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

There's a reason why it's up on my swap list.

Don't get me wrong, I love Stila! But IDK about this quad. The top two e/s look exactly the same on my skin. I only like the gold and dark brown colors, but I wouldn't buy it again just for those colors b/c I can always find dupes. Following in the Stila fashion, the e/s are soft. Some people like that, I guess I'm just not used to it. It crumbles too much for me. I still love Stila, but I'm not in love with this quad.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Well, of the two new stila four pans, this one is all existing colors while the other is all new. Released January 2008, Marrakesh retails for $38. Stila has also shrunk the size of the eyeshadow pans from large ones to MAC size. Kinda of disappointing. Other than that, the texture is the same. This kit comes with Rhyme, sun, twig, and oasis. Oasis is a shimmery gold with a slight coppery hint to it, Rhyme a pro color, which is a shimmery light pink with a mauvey undertone to it. You also get the standard twig, a shimmery brown bronze with a reddish undertone to it and finally sun, a shimmery peachy rose shimmer. Pretty but expensive.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I was so lucky to stumble on this product recently for $15 (Australian), I love Stila eyeshadows, they always have such great colour payoff - and this one doesn't disappoint. The shades are beautiful, and work very well on my dark (NC42) skin. Love the packaging as well!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

these colors are really pretty but all together too shimmering to wear together on a normal basis. they would make great accents to your eyeshadow but super overpowering if worn together. i like this quad but i don't love it

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this palette. The colors are very pretty and work perfectly together. The quality of Stila's eyeshadows rivals MAC. They blend nicely and have just the right amount of shimmer. I will buy this palette again and again.

I bought it on ebay for $16... with a bronzer... Totally worth it :D

It has brown, tan, pink and a beige-ish/pink eyeshadow. All of the colors are a tiny bit shimmery. Together it looks BEAUTIFUL. I use MAC 217 brush and brown eyeliner with it. It blends really well and the quality of the eyeshadow is great! It stays on, even after biking to school.