Stila Eye Shadow Quad in Marrakesh

Filtered by age: 44-55

2.7

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this from Costco for under $16 -- it came in a blister pack with mascara, liner and a brush. I'm really glad it was relatively cheap, because I'm not impressed with the shadows. It's been a long time since I've bought Stila, and now I remember why! The shimmer is really, really overpowering. And it's too bad, because the colors are just lovely. The darkest color, a deep rose, is fabulous and the least shimmery of the four. The other three are just way too sparkly for my taste. The two lightest colors barely show up on my skin--except for the shimmer, which shines like a beacon. They don't have good staying power, even with a primer underneath. If you feel compelled to try these, save yourself a lot of money and buy the Wet n' Wild Paradise Cove eyeshadow palette. I have it, and it is similar to the Stila quad, except less shiny and way cheaper. Comparable in quality, too -- really!

I love the packaging. It is sturdy yet pretty. But the colors are way too shimmery for me - I prefer more matte shades. There is one dark color that is less glittery, but that hardly justifies me holding on to the whole pallette. Also, the colors in this quad don't seem to go together.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my first try with Stila eyeshadow, and I gotta say, gals, I am a Stila fan for life. Beautifully pigmented, lasts all day, nice presentation and generous portions. I love the color combo, and it has just enough pearly shimmer without being glittery. Sephora opened a year or two ago here in my hometown, and it's a dangerous place to go for my budget. I don't dare to take count of how many shadows I now own, but Stila is right up there with my MAC-happy favorites. Highly recommended (I am a PPP with dark brown eyes and mid-forties in age).