Stila Eye Shadow Quad in Marrakesh

Filtered by age: 25-29

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am pretty disappointed by this quad. I have purchased Stila eyeshadows before and the pigmentation and quality was always great. The colors are really gorgeous in the pots and I thought it would come up lovely on my darker skin. WRONG. The two pinks and the gold have hardly any pigmentation and it just leaves my eyelids glittery without any color. I looked like I was trying to use a little girl's makeup set.Too bad because this quad had potential.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

First of all, I adore Stila shadows and I love the Montmartre quad. I was thrilled to receive Marrakesh in a swap. When I opened it, it took my breath away, the colours are gorgeous. Unfortunately, they just don't show up on my skin and look very unremarkable. Maybe they would work better on darker skin? I'm so sad these don't work for me. I'd love to find some mac dupes of the lighter shades.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this quad. Yes, It's expensive, especially for the amount of shadow you get (in Europe, about 30 EUR, even more expensive than in US), but I think it's worth it if you like the colours. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have bought this if I didn't know I would use all four shadows. I rarely come across a palette in which I use all colours, usually at least one or two don't work for me. Not with this quad, even though the top left shadow seems a bit cooler than the rest. I find they work together very well, especially the top two and all of them with the brown shade. Actually, the one I like least is the gold, but that's just because I absolutely love the remaining three and I have a soft spot for soft shimmery pinks. The quality is great, like Stila's singles, they're nicely pigmented, very soft and blend easily. All four are noticeably shimmery, so if you don't like that, better skip this.
One major con: I got a quad in which three of the pans were unstuck, so if you turned over the quad they would fall out. It seems that some of the Marrakesh palettes are flawed, or the glue doesn't hold too well. I was prepared for that since I read on Sephora's site that it happened to others, so I handled it carefully and stuck them back with a bit of ordinary glue. I haven't had any problems with the packaging since, but if you buy this, do check if all your shadows are firmly attached to the compact.

I am typically a MAC girl at heart, but I have been SOOOO impressed with Stila lately! I got this quad on sale and noticed that it is originally priced at $38!!! To me, that is WAAAY to expensive for this product. The eye shadows are about the size of a nickel, smaller than a typical MAC eyeshadow. However, for the sale price, I would buy this again and again and again! I was SOOO surprised at how SOFT and pigmented these shadows were!
They are GORGEOUS colors for summer, and I applied the dark brown color to my crease and I totally messed it up! When I went to blend it, I was in sheer amazement! It looked perfect! I have never had an eyeshadow blend sooo incredibly beautifully.
This product also comes with a mirror and a very sturdy, cute hard shell case, which I love for throwing in your purse.
I will be buying more Stila eyeshadows after this experience! I LOVE this!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love the packaging! Love the shimmer! Love the neutral/earthy/natural shades! Love the texture, pigmentation, everything but the price. $32?!? *runs screaming* I bought it anyway and am pleased. With this quad and Kitten, I'm set for a good many months to come.