LUSH Karma Solid Fragrance

3.9

on 2/7/2017 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely loved this, I got it as a gift for my birthday and started using it right away. I ended up being allergic to it and developed red, itchy splotches wherever I would use it, especially on my neck/chest. I loved the convenient little tin it comes in, but I ended up returning the rest of it because I just couldn't use it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Karma is one of Lush's most famous scents and in solid perfume form it is just as beautiful. It smells of orange and patchouli, a combination which is unique and gives off a 'hippy' vibe. The scent is strong and lasts all day of the skin. As it is very potent, a little goes a long way. The solid perfume melts into the skin easily, though needs to be rubbed in well in order to prevent the orange colour being visible on the skin. This is a unique fragrance for those who like herbal scents and patchouli lovers. This perfume will take you back to a different time. The solid size is perfect to carry on your handbag and touch up throughout the day - but it is unlikely that you will need to! A must try perfume from Lush.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is so unusual! It reminds me of my catholic prep school days the churches that had wooden pews that gleamed w Pinsol, earthy musty ancient hymnals, eternally burning candles, incense & smoky patchouli dark piety, DO NOT let this put you off of this perfume! I have the solid version in the tin & right off the bat I get a orange citrus smell but it dries down into a musky yet sweet loveliness. I can imagine this smelling so different on diff ppl. It's addictive. The fact that this is so unique makes it worth the price not that it is a huge investment evthing at LUSH is pretty affordable (& addictive!), the minimalist packaging & Eco conscious attitude of LUSH makes this even better. This is a heavy scent very sensual & sexbombe. If you don't want to smell like VS Love Spell or Bath&bodyworks this scent is a classy alternative.

on 7/9/2015 2:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love the initial scent of this, fresh with tons of citrus. But it dried down to just patchouli on me after a few hours which I didn't care for at all. All of the other notes were gone. It's too bad, I adored it at first. I love the tin packaging very portable. The price is good for what you get much better priced than many other portable fragrances. Would not repurchase. Will try Sun instead.
Edit march 2017 - So I keep coming back to this, something so addictive about the scent and yes I still hate patchouli but sometimes I just need the scent of this. It's got this wonderful natural orange and musk that is just beautiful and clean but still manages to be comforting at the same time. So I bumped this up to a 4 and would repurchase. Oh and I tried Sun perfume and did not like it as much as Karma.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've bought several of these, and for the price they are easily one of the best and longest lasting fragrances on the market. Short of layering scented lotion with perfume, very few scents have as much staying power as this little stick. I don't love the packaging, as it tends to allow the product to get too soft (which changes the scent) or for you to push up too much, meaning it's hard to close it without making a mushy mess. Despite all that, this scent is amazing, delicious and hard to beat. Of my large collection of scents, this is easily top three and is even welcome when I smell it on my clothes the next day. This scent is definitely for patchouli and citrus lovers, and I love all the Karma scented products associated with it.

Pros: Long lasting (both the tube itself and the scent), cheap, applies well, smells great, packaging allows you to travel easily and carry in travel bags. I always have one of these close by or in my gym bag.

Cons: Packaging can be messy, scent can be strong and cloying for people who do not like patchouli. Can melt easily.

on 8/30/2014 7:18:00 AM

I have this in the black push tube packaging. I am so in love with this scent. It reminds me of oranges, and the scent lingers for most of the day. I love the packaging too, very handbag friendly. My new favourite fragrance!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This fragrance has an amazing, spicy, exotic smell in the package, but it wears off after about an hour, leaving a bland vanilla-ish scent in its stead. It also develops an orange, greasy stain if I don't blend it enough. That being said, the packaging is great and it's a whole lot easier to apply than many liquid perfumes. It's quite affordable for how long the product lasts. I'd definitely be willing to try some of LUSH's other solid perfumes.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Hm.. When i first got this, i loved the smell! After a while it became overpowering and started to give me headaches! So i gave it away

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

(This review is for the Karma solid perfume stick rather than the old tinned version!)

Never have I changed my view on any fragrance quite so radically! I've been a Lush devotee for years and always disliked Karma with a passion. I don't know if they've changed the formula some time over the years, the old Karma fragrance smelled like horrible, strong citrus (think oven cleaner!) to me, but when I picked up this little solid perfume stick, it smelled like lovely lovely orange blossom with a hint of patchouli. Very distinctive but fun and unique - I've been wearing it every day for the last few weeks and can't get enough of it! I apply a little on my neck, collarbone, wrists and arms straight from the tube for convenience.

Although this fragrance is wonderful, I had to take a mark off - when I apply it, it does leave orange marks on my pale skin (since the product itself is bright orange) which can look a little dodgy under bright light! This may just be because of the hot weather at the moment causing the product to be a little bit melty, but it does make me think twice about applying the gorgeous scent too heavily.

Karma is one of my favourite fragrances this summer - it's so easy to throw it in even a tiny handbag without worrying about leaking. It's one of those love-hate scents, so make sure to try it in case you love it too!

on 4/25/2013 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

this is a nice scent, but when I first put it on I think it smells like a combination of PineSol and citronella candles. after a few minutes it calms down and smells like a nice clean scent. I keep it in my purse just in case I forget to put on perfume before leaving the house. it also works great for traveling. No 3-1-1 baggies needed for this product!

Popular Fragrances