Elizabeth Arden Intervene

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Elizabeth Arden Intervene

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water/Aqua/Eau, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Mica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Silylate, Sorbitan Tristearate, PEG/PPG-8/18 Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Narcissus Tazetta Bulb Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Laureth-4, Laureth-7, Steareth-20, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Fragrance/Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 6/11/2018 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Wanting a long-lasting, non-dewy formula foundation for the humid summer, I purchased EA Intervene in 'Soft Toffee' at a steep discount after watching a YouTube-r who demo'd it 'Soft Cocoa'. She appears to have a red undertone and 'Soft Cocoa' seemed to match, but it appeared a bit grey on her when photographed with a flash. I figured since I am about a shade lighter than she is, have a yellow/olive undertone, and it only has an SPF of 15, I could get away with the Soft Toffee. Wow, was I wrong --- It is perfect if you want a milk chocolate + Oompa Loompa look! EA's color charts are waaay off. Oh, the perils of buying foundation online, sight unseen and w/o pretesting... The color was just so wrong, I had to use my Temptu Pro color adjuster kit to correct both the undertone and shade (they worked), but find that the formula settles into lines I did not even know I had, and I have very few. It just looks dry and unflattering on my skin. You also need to work fast to spread it because it drys quickly. I used a damp beauty blender and that made the color and texture a little better, but not good enough. You need a really good moisturizer under this foundation. I am glad I spent minimal bucks on this 'experiment' as it will soon be discarded. I will save the pump from the bottle because it is a good one.

Color References:
Lately, I do not often wear foundation and my last splurge was a Prescriptives Custom Blend that matched my undertone and skin color perfectly. The problem with the Prescriptives CB is it is a bit too dewy. For light wear, I still use Stila Perfect and Correct in 'Warm', but it doesn't do much to cover flaws, and Becca Multi-tasking Perfecting Powder in 'Warm Honey' (a perfect match). I was matched to Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in 'Macao', but have not yet purchased it.

Wear:
Maybe EA Intervene in Soft Toffee could work for you if you have oily skin, but be prepared as you may need to 'fix' the color. It seems as if it would wear well and it does not transfer, but for me, the dryness on my combo skin and poor color match are not worth the hassle of color adjusting every time. Who has an orange skin tone?

Not sure how this color was approved by sales and marketing?!? Why can't these companies produce foundations that work with actual skin tones? This is especially a problem for women of color and for anyone who deviates from the standard color chart/scale companies use, as many of us still need to mix colors or simply give up on finding a near-perfect match. Why is it so difficult to find a foundation that has a finish between dewy and matte in a medium brown with a yellow/olive undertone?

on 1/10/2013 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Since Estee Lauder changed their doublewear foundation so it now looks greyish (i'm nc50 in MAC) and thin on me I have been on a search to find a good foundation. I found it in a dis ount cosmetics store for $14 a bottle. I didn't hold out hope as it seemed thin when I tesed it on the back of my hand but the coclor matched me perfectly so I bought it, expecting to cut my losses if it didn't work. Damn this product is AMAZING. Think Revlon Colorstay medium/full coverage but in more colors. It doesn't make me face look flat. Doesn't oxidize but I would re ommmend that if yiu have dry skin to grease your face well first. It hid my black marks (healing spots) on my face better that any other foundation I own. To check for the white cast I took a photo of myself and WOW, I looked like a model (unlike with Mac). The shade I bought, Soft Toffee 15, is neither red or too yellow. As it was in the discounted stre i'm wondering if it's now been discontinued.

on 2/20/2011 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I randomly walked up to a make up counter and picked up this product and tested it out, IM SO FREAKIN HAPPY I PICKED IT UP. I think this foundation is perfect, it doesn't look like you have on foundation when you're wearing it. My skin feels so soft when I have it on and it looks great. I love it. (I'm soft tan) I will be buying this again, im giving my other foundations away lol