Elizabeth Arden Intervene

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Elizabeth Arden Intervene

4.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water/Aqua/Eau, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Mica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Silylate, Sorbitan Tristearate, PEG/PPG-8/18 Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Narcissus Tazetta Bulb Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Laureth-4, Laureth-7, Steareth-20, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Fragrance/Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 3/14/2015 10:42:00 AM

I really liked this foundation it gave medium coverage and kep my combination skin matte. What a pity no longer available any suggestions for a replacement girls ☺️

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for the majority of the year and find it better than many brands I've tried (including Estee Lauder, MAC, and Loreal). It has reasonably good staying power, has descent coverage, and has SPF 15 protection. It can get slightly oily towards the end of the day, but I do not use a powder so that may address that issue. The pump bottle is hygienic, but the lid doesn't seem to click on the bottle easily and falls off. I have purchased this foundation a few times, and I do think it is worth the price tag considering I have purchased more expensive foundations and consider this to be a solid performer. However, I may try Christian Dior Forever foundation for a change to get something with more staying power.

UPDATE: After trying other foundations since I wrote this review I have upgraded the rating. I reapplied Intervene and it look flawless for a night out. I also had a photo of me taken wearing this foundation and it was one the best photos taken of me in that my skin looked great (thanks to this foundation). It does have pink undertones so you may need to be carefully choosing the correct shade for summer. I would highly recommend this.

on 1/6/2012 1:34:00 AM

I have to say that I am impressed with this product. I have it in soft porcelain, the lightest shade. The first thing I noticed was that the formula was quite thin for a foundation, let alone a matte one. Despite that, it went on wonderfully and gave me great coverage. My foundation routine used to include a liquid foundation and a powder to get the coverage and finish this gives me. The feel is ok, it feels fairly light on, but a bit heavy to the touch, which I quess is pretty normal for a matte foundation.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this as a freebie when i worked at Ulta in the color 02 Soft Shell, which just happened to match my winter pale skin perfectly. This is an over all great foundation... i'm a bit oily sometimes and this didn't emphasize that at all. It didn't dry me out either, it just stayed normal. Only thing i dont like is that I can feel it on my face, and it takes a lot to build it up. The only reason i wouldn't re-buy is because i wouldnt be able to afford it, i think its $38, but when you get it for free... hey now lol.

on 6/6/2010 7:52:00 AM

HG!!!! This is the best foundation I've ever tried. Great coverage, very light, it doesn't dry out my skin, doesn't emphasize dry patches, doesn't make my oily t-zone shiny, lasts all day. it's perfect.

edit: taking two lippies off because I realized it does make me oily and doesn't last very long

on 1/7/2010 7:54:00 PM

Received a $30 GC for the local Arden Red Door Spa, so I thought I'd use it for foundation, as I had run out of my usual Lauder DoubleWear.

Although I'm mid-50s and postmeno, I still have combo skin with oily T-zone, with fair skin, which "eats" most foundations, liquid or mineral. I first liked that Intervene comes in a bottle with a pump, which was easy to use, and does not require me to but my fingers along the rim of the bottle, so it's a cleaner application. The pump was easy to use, with two quick squirts just enough for using all over my face, including an extra dab for spotty areas. I topped it off with a bit of MK loose powder and my BB Rose Shimmerbrick. I wore my DayWear SPF 30 under it. The coverage was medium to full, and lasted more than eight hours with no touchups, Intervene is almost or as good as DoubleWear on my skin. Both are great products.

on 3/28/2009 4:45:00 PM

I have to say, after trying and testing a lot of foundations over the years, this has to be one of the best i've had. I've been using it for about a year now, and although i have strayed, i keep coming back to this, as nothing else compares. It does everything you need it to, the coverage is very buildable so you can have it sheer if you have great skin already, or for those like me who have slightly larger pores and a few blemishes, the coverage can be built up to hide spots and even out skin tone. It has never made me break out and it does say on their website that this foundation is non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic as well as being oil free. It has never sunk into my pores and as long as i moisturise well before applying it, then it never dries out my skin! It's my little gem!

on 3/15/2008 10:41:00 AM

I LOVE this foundation!! I bought after reviews on here and am so glad that I did!! I wanted a foundation that looked natural, covered my occasional acne flare ups and didn't turn into a grease pit after an hour on my oily skin...and this is it!

The texture is fab (liquid and doesn't feel thick) but it goes onto the skin amazingly and blends like a dream! The best bit is that it doesn't feel like I have foundation on, but the coverage is good. I put on one layer and then extra over my problem areas, but it doesn't feel heavy on my skin...feels like there is nothing there! Makes my skin look healthy and stays matte for most of the day (helps if you set it with powder). Would totally recommend this foundation!

*EDIT* Found that after a while it looked a bit TOO matte and a bit mask like on the areas that i put on extra coverage. However, is still a good foundation, but not quite my HG yet

on 3/11/2008 12:57:00 PM

As with everyone, I was sucked in at the EA counter for the upcoming GWP event. Since I was still looking for the perfect foundation being after two years of searching, I was glad to try EA new Intervene foundation. Hmmmm...I was very impressed with the application at the EA counter. I was given a sample and have been using it ever since. I have finally found the foundation I was searching for. It glides on so well with a matte finish all day long. Really....minimal to no touch up is required during the day. I am hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that I dont get any break outs from this product!!!!! Will update should my review changes on this product.UPDATE: I had to stop use for it made my pores seem large or maybe the foundation was not an exact match for me; therefore, it was settling in my pores. Eventhough I love the texture it was a bit too drying for me during the day. I feel as though my cheeks were extremely dry. As noted in on of the reviews, you will need to moistures very well prior to applying this foundation. I wish this was the one for my as previously mentioned....Hmm now I am on the search once again... Current trying the new stick my prescriptives....let's see how long it will last!

LOVE IT! I have tried about six other foundations before reading the reviews and deciding to try Intervene. I am so glad I did! I would say that is a medium coverage. I wear it in soft shell and as long as I blend it matches me perfectly. I am light with a lot of gold undertones and had problems finding a good match with the coverage I wanted. Interevene leaves my skin feeling smooth as well and although when first applied it looks like it might be to heavy it blends very well. It is a little pricey compared to drugstore brands but well worth it. Also I was able to work an eight hour shift as a cashier and didnt need to reapply at all. Great product