Elizabeth Arden Intervene

Filtered by hair type : Other
Elizabeth Arden Intervene

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water/Aqua/Eau, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Mica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Silylate, Sorbitan Tristearate, PEG/PPG-8/18 Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Narcissus Tazetta Bulb Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Laureth-4, Laureth-7, Steareth-20, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Fragrance/Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 6/8/2013 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is the best foundation I've used to date. It was a medium to full coverage but was very soft and natural looking, evening out skin tone. I had lots of compliments on how great my skin looked while wearing it. I applied with a brush for a fuller coverage and just my hands for a more natural look. My colour is soft cream, and I have a neutral/ medium skin tone. It was quite expensive ($70) but I live in New Zealand and most cosmetics are overpriced here! Overall very happy with this foundation.

on 4/30/2013 12:27:00 PM

This product leaves a very,very natural finish yet covers great.. it does get greasy on me just a little.. i found that after using this product my skin felt more soft than using other foundations that dried out my skin. The thing i like more about this product is that it covers but it is not so visible(you cant see the makeup,blends beautifully with a smooth and semi-matte finish) Although, I dont know if i would repurchase just because its a good foundation but not the best ive tried and its very expensive.

on 1/10/2013 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I thought I would try this because I wanted something with a little more coverage,because I read they had changed my favorite BB foundation.It was fine when it was applied in the store but after using it for about a week the color has changed and looks darker. It also feels very dry on my skin,and makes me look older and has a wierd smell.I'm planning on returning this.

on 1/7/2010 7:54:00 PM

Received a $30 GC for the local Arden Red Door Spa, so I thought I'd use it for foundation, as I had run out of my usual Lauder DoubleWear.

Although I'm mid-50s and postmeno, I still have combo skin with oily T-zone, with fair skin, which "eats" most foundations, liquid or mineral. I first liked that Intervene comes in a bottle with a pump, which was easy to use, and does not require me to but my fingers along the rim of the bottle, so it's a cleaner application. The pump was easy to use, with two quick squirts just enough for using all over my face, including an extra dab for spotty areas. I topped it off with a bit of MK loose powder and my BB Rose Shimmerbrick. I wore my DayWear SPF 30 under it. The coverage was medium to full, and lasted more than eight hours with no touchups, Intervene is almost or as good as DoubleWear on my skin. Both are great products.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Wow. i could not believe my eyes! The best face lift i have had in months!
To be honest, when I tried this foundation on my wrist I had doubts (yeah I know this is a wrong spot but what are you gonna do when you are in the store and you are already made up? where do you try new foundations?? on your hands and wrists... we all do that!).
I said, seeing it on my wrist I was not 100% convinced as I found the texture weird, it was super runny and it took forever to blend and to dry when applied. I was scared that it would look greasy and took forever to dry of my face as well.
However, in the end i bought it as it had a very good price, like 25 Euros (other foundations are soo expensive! you can't get anything like Dior or Chanel or Lancome for less than 41 Euros!!) and I am always in the life-long quest of finding the new HG foundation.
So I bought it in shade Soft Sand 05, has a neutral tone (so it is neither yellow nor pinky); this shade is darker than my usual foundation shade, but I am still quite tanned and this suits my tanned tone now (matching the neck/body tan).
Application: smooth, it is a tad runny, but it spreads evenly, melts into skin and yeah, it covers everything with just one layer!!!
I have brown spots (melasma) and I applied a drop more on the damn spots, and *magic* everything was concealed (=no concealer needed!!).
What I got: an Extremely smooth, younger looking face! A real face lift. I was amazed.
Fixed it with my usual loose powder.
The result is matte but NOT flat (your skin looks natural but not dewy, but I do not go for the dewy look, prefer matte) and really long staying; no need to blot until midday, which is the average/good performance for a foundation on me (I have a shining T-zone in summer that is always to be blotted & powdered during the day).
I am really impressed wiht this foundation; I am going to buy it in a lighter shade to match my winter skintone. LOVE!

on 4/21/2008 9:18:00 AM

I was directed to Eliz. Arden by a young SA, who said she used this foundation herself, and she was quite surprised she liked it so much as E.A. has a reputation as being for the matronly crowd. I am using this in the lightest colour, Shell. It is a bit more pink-based than I am used to but works well. I am over 50 with combo/oily spot-prone skin also prone to redness. Texture of this foundation is quite light and nongreasy and it applies easily. Coverage is medium but feels lightweight, color does not oxidize or turn orangey and this foundation doesn't seem to slide off midway through the day when my skin is oily. So far, no breakouts or problems.

on 3/12/2008 5:17:00 PM

I HAVE USED M/U ALLEY TO INFORM MY SELF, SO I HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE ELSE. I FIRST PURCHASED THE 03 SOFT SUNBEIGE. THIS COLOR IS GOOD FOR MED. SKIN TONES. I JUST WENT BACK AND GOT THE SHELL, THE LIGHTEST SHADE AND THIS ONE WORKS AS CLOSE AS I CAN COME WITH MY LIGHT BUT OLIVE SKIN TONE. THEY USE TO MAKE COLORS MORE BEIGE FOR US OLIVES. THEY DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE YOUR EITHER PINK OR YELLOW UNDERTONES (NOT). NOW YOU HAVE TO WALK AROUND WITH EITHER A ORANGE OR PINK DEMARKATION LINE, AND BELIEVE ME I SEE WOMEN DOING THIS. JUST LIKE MOST WOMEN I HAVE A LOT OF NATIVE AMERICAN AND SCOTTISH - IRISH GENTICS. MY SISTERS GOT THE DARK TAN LIKE SKIN: ME JUST THE OPPOSITE. I AM LIGHT BUT NOT FAIR, SO FOR YOU FAIR SKIN TONERS I HAVE EMAILED CORPORATE TO BRING IN MORE COLORS FOR REF: IN MAC I WOULD BE A NC 20 SO THEY SAY! CLOSE BUT TOO ORANGE FOR ME. JUST FOR REFERENCE THIS IS OIL FREE SO YOU WILL NEED TO GIVE IT A FEW MIN. TO DRY GOOD SO YOU GET THE TRUE COLOR. THIS IS A GREAT FOUNDATION WITH GOOD STAYING POWER FEELS LIKE YOU ARE WEARING NOTHING BUT COVERS REALLY WELL AND I HAVE A LOT OF REDNESS AND TONS OF FRECKLES AND IT EVENS EVERYTHING OUT. JUST FOR REF: I HAVE TRIED ON EVERY D/S AND DEPT STORE BRAND THIS IS THE BEST I HAVE FOUND. OH YEA THERE SKIN CARE IS GREAT TOO. I DO BELIEVE THAT ARDEN HAS BEEN AROUND FOR OVER A 100 YEARS SO WITH THAT SAID THEY MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT....

on 3/11/2008 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm BEGGING cosmetic companies to realize that people in general aren't tanning as much and they need to formulate some lighter colors! I agree with everything good that was said about this foundation, they just don't carry a light enough shade for my NW15 coloring. Not even close. So to sum up, great foundation, poor color selection. By the way, why can't the SA's ever just say that they don't have a color that will work for you. They send you home with something they know isn't going to work, and then act snooty when you have to return it. UGGHH!

I had my husband pick this up for me yesterday. One word for this foundation: LOVE. I applied it this morning at 7:00am at 4:00pm it still looked fresh. As another poster said, it's not to dewy and it's not to matte. It gives a nice soft finish. For color reference I'm NW20 in MAC, Buff in revlon Colorstay, and the color I got was 03 Soft Sunbeige. I have combination skin and this wore nicely all day even with no powder over it. This foundation gave me a nice medium/full coverage without any cakiness or mask like qualities. This also felt light on the skin. I will update if I get any breakouts.

I LOVE this foundation. As the other reviewers have said, it goes on beautifully, makes your skin soft withouth looking shiny, dries to a nice soft matte, colours are beautiful, doesn't sink in to fine lines. The only down side for me is that I think it may be breaking me out - but that's not unusual for me with foundation. I'm going to have to stop using it for a while, it's either that or a new moisturizer I'm trying. Also has spf of 15 (which could be why I'm breaking out!). Other than that, it is one of the most beautiful foundations I've ever tried, and I've tried alot!!! UPDATE: It was not the foundation that was breaking me out, it was the moisturizer. The bad news is that it dried my skin out terribly after a few weeks of daily wear, I went from loving the feeling of it to feeling tight and dry with it on. I reduced my rating by 2 lippies, it would be great for the right skin type, but as it is marketed to be moisturizing, it shouldn't have dried me out. Very disappointed!