Elizabeth Arden Intervene

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Elizabeth Arden Intervene

4.3

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water/Aqua/Eau, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Mica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Silylate, Sorbitan Tristearate, PEG/PPG-8/18 Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Narcissus Tazetta Bulb Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Laureth-4, Laureth-7, Steareth-20, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Fragrance/Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 10/15/2013 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

My HG foundation! I love the packaging for some reason a lot of foundations don't have a pump, so I was glad this one does. Provides a nice medium to full coverage. It lasts all day, and every time I wear it I always get told how nice my skin looks. Makes you looked airbrushed! Defiantly will repurchase again, and again.

on 8/25/2013 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this for 11 off the website fragrance direct it arrived after 2 days I bought the shade soft sunbeige I'm a nc15-20 and I thought it would be too dark but it's a pretty good match its super blend able feels amazing on the skin considering its full coverage I can't even feel it and it doesn't look cakey at all it dries to a satin Matte finish lasts all day there is nothing negative I can say about this foundation and I will repurchase when I run out

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for the majority of the year and find it better than many brands I've tried (including Estee Lauder, MAC, and Loreal). It has reasonably good staying power, has descent coverage, and has SPF 15 protection. It can get slightly oily towards the end of the day, but I do not use a powder so that may address that issue. The pump bottle is hygienic, but the lid doesn't seem to click on the bottle easily and falls off. I have purchased this foundation a few times, and I do think it is worth the price tag considering I have purchased more expensive foundations and consider this to be a solid performer. However, I may try Christian Dior Forever foundation for a change to get something with more staying power.

UPDATE: After trying other foundations since I wrote this review I have upgraded the rating. I reapplied Intervene and it look flawless for a night out. I also had a photo of me taken wearing this foundation and it was one the best photos taken of me in that my skin looked great (thanks to this foundation). It does have pink undertones so you may need to be carefully choosing the correct shade for summer. I would highly recommend this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have only used this foundation for a few days, but I am impressed so far. As I have gotten closer to 40, my skin has become increasing oilier and my pores have become much more noticeable. For the past year or so, I have tried just about every foundation from Estee Lauder to Rimmel and everything in between with horrible results. This foundation is definitely the best so far.

When I first apply it, my skin looked airbrushed. My pores are barely noticeable. As the day wears on, my foundation looks less prefect, but still pretty good. Since my skin is so oily, I blot several times a day, which probably contributes to at least some of the wearing off of the foundation. Some reviews have found it to be drying, however, on my skin, that is not the case.

The coverage is pretty good and it is buildable. I mix a very small amount with my moisturizer to make my own tinted moisturizer and apply. Once the moisturizer has dried, then I apply about 1 to 2 pumps to cover my entire face.

If things change, I will update, but as of right now, this is definitely my new favorite foundation.

on 5/25/2011 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a beautiful, skin-perfecting foundation! To me, it performs like Armani or Chanel; it's undoubtedly high quality. Intervene lasts on my skin as long as MAC Pro-Longwear, but it doesn't have the flat, matte finish; and Intervene's finish is more flattering and contemporary looking on me. It adds some dimension, yet controls oil. It has a finish that gives a perfected, rather than natural look. Soft Beige is more "neutral" than "warm". I wish there were a couple more shades because Soft Beige is just a little too light, and not warm enough. It has such a beautiful finish on my skin I don't mind tweaking the shade by blending in a bit of other foundation and setting with bronzer or pigmented powder. If I do repurchase, I'll buy Soft Toast. (I'm NC35-37, C4). If you're looking for something to make pores disappear, you must try this foundation! This is what I use for an "airbrushed" look. It isn't as natural-looking as my favorite, Face & Body Makeup, but as long as I keep my other makeup light, it works very well.

on 9/22/2010 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really don't like this foundation. I looks really good just after it's been put on, but it goes blotchy and uneven soon after application. It's not the most expensive foundation I've ever bought, but certainly not worth the price.

on 5/6/2010 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff. I received a sample of this as a GWP in soft cameo which is WAY too dark for me so I didn't know what I was going to do with it. I decided that instead of throwing it out I would mix it with equal parts of my facial moisturizer and use it that way... well OMG boys and girls I couldn't believe it, flawless, oilfree perfection all day. Plus, because I cut it with moisturizer it totally worked for my skintone!

If you are having a good skin day and just need something to even and matte your face then make yourself a TM with this and you will be in love like me. I just set it with a translucent powder and voila! In fact, I am going to buy a full size in soft cameo because this is working so well for me. For the record, I mix it with Biore pore minimizing moisturizer with spf 15. I took one lippie off because of the price.

on 3/26/2010 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I LOVE IT!!!!
my HG foundation!!

I have extremely oily skin so I used A LOT of foundations that could handle my oiliness! The foundations i bought were quite cheap because i never believed in the more expensiv the better concept!
but a lovely pharmacist introduced me to this foundation and i have never looked back!
I found my EXACT match which is very rare because i have a yellow base.

FEW TIPS:
Use a foundation brush...dont use a sponge!! (sponge make s it look a bit cakey)
and definitely less is more...when i caked it on when i used it the first time (like i normally did with my old foundation) i realized that as hours went by, it looked a tiny bit streaky.

I def recommend this foundation!

DISCONTINUED MY COLOUR! :(

on 4/25/2009 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had a hard time with this. I loved the pump applicator. It took me 2-3 pumps to cover my face, and it was medium to light at best. This didn't cover anything. I wore it for about a week before I could and finally could put my finger on what I didn't like. It looked natural--- had the lightest shade, shell, and it lasted all day. But, I had to blot, and it accentuated every dry spot and pore on my face. It did nothing to improve my face and no smoothing effect, I looked better without makeup than with this. As mentioned already, this also had a drying effect. It was like double wear makeup --but a higher quality and a more natural look.
EDIT: I've been using this more in the summer. I put it on with my fingers, and I don't put any powder on top of this. it ends up looking more natural. doesn't oxidize, and hasn't been drying me out yet. i like that it has sunscreen. soft sunbeige is a better match, though might be too dark. shell is too pink. i think this could be good makeup if you get the right match. not sure i have the right match. shiseido liquid still the best i've found. not sure i would repurchase because it exaggerates all the dry areas on your face.

on 9/23/2008 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I think I am like the majority of people on MUA as I too love this foundation. I am quite fair skinned and the 02 soft shell is as close of a match as I can get, although could use a touch lighter. I find that if I apply less, the color seems more natural and not as dark than if I apply too much. I have somewhat oily skin and usually find that foundation doesn't last too long on me, but low and behold, Intervene held up to the test. I live in a climate that is very humid in the summer, and found no problems at all. A bit costly but one pump is all you need, and this usually lasts all day . So far, this is the best foundation for me. Who knows, I might read another review on here and decide to try something else , but for now, I think I will stick with Intervene.