Elizabeth Arden Intervene

Elizabeth Arden Intervene

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water/Aqua/Eau, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Mica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Silylate, Sorbitan Tristearate, PEG/PPG-8/18 Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Narcissus Tazetta Bulb Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Laureth-4, Laureth-7, Steareth-20, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Fragrance/Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 2/26/2015 12:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am beyond devastated that this product has been discontinued. It is a wonderful foundation with added skin care benefits!
1. The bottle is a pump bottle; very sanitary
2. Application was flawless; medium coverage that seemed to instantly erase any imperfection without looking cakey. Dried as a satin-semi matt finish.
3. NEVER EVER broke me out
4. Did not transfer to clothing
5. Did not settle, separate, or 'sit' on the skin

It is my HG foundation and my last bottle just ran out. They are selling my color on Amazon for like $100. Its really sad. I wish they would bring it back.

on 12/14/2013 6:25:00 PM

This is my first review on MA, but I just had to do it for this foundation. This applies really smooth and feels a bit greasy when you apply but when it dries it's quite matte but does not look cakey at all. My skin tone is odd, I'm fair with rosy and olive undertones so most foundations don't suit me. I normally have to go lighter than my actual skin tone so it doesn't look orange or pink on my skin. In this I have soft shell which I believe is one shade up from the lightest and it works for me completely without washing me out like other foundations. If you have a skin tone like mine and find most foundations just don't work, try this one! Its shades have a different undertone from all the other foundations I have tried.

on 10/15/2013 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

My HG foundation! I love the packaging for some reason a lot of foundations don't have a pump, so I was glad this one does. Provides a nice medium to full coverage. It lasts all day, and every time I wear it I always get told how nice my skin looks. Makes you looked airbrushed! Defiantly will repurchase again, and again.

on 8/25/2013 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this for £11 off the website fragrance direct it arrived after 2 days I bought the shade soft sunbeige I'm a nc15-20 and I thought it would be too dark but it's a pretty good match its super blend able feels amazing on the skin considering its full coverage I can't even feel it and it doesn't look cakey at all it dries to a satin Matte finish lasts all day there is nothing negative I can say about this foundation and I will repurchase when I run out

on 6/8/2013 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is the best foundation I've used to date. It was a medium to full coverage but was very soft and natural looking, evening out skin tone. I had lots of compliments on how great my skin looked while wearing it. I applied with a brush for a fuller coverage and just my hands for a more natural look. My colour is soft cream, and I have a neutral/ medium skin tone. It was quite expensive ($70) but I live in New Zealand and most cosmetics are overpriced here! Overall very happy with this foundation.

on 3/6/2013 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It is a great foundation, gives a semi-matte finish, the coverage is medium. I apply it with a sponge, it blends easily and gives a very natural result. The staying power is really good as well and it is not cakey at all. I only need a pump for my entire face, so a little lasts long for me. My HG, I recommend!

on 1/10/2013 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Since Estee Lauder changed their doublewear foundation so it now looks greyish (i'm nc50 in MAC) and thin on me I have been on a search to find a good foundation. I found it in a dis ount cosmetics store for $14 a bottle. I didn't hold out hope as it seemed thin when I tesed it on the back of my hand but the coclor matched me perfectly so I bought it, expecting to cut my losses if it didn't work. Damn this product is AMAZING. Think Revlon Colorstay medium/full coverage but in more colors. It doesn't make me face look flat. Doesn't oxidize but I would re ommmend that if yiu have dry skin to grease your face well first. It hid my black marks (healing spots) on my face better that any other foundation I own. To check for the white cast I took a photo of myself and WOW, I looked like a model (unlike with Mac). The shade I bought, Soft Toffee 15, is neither red or too yellow. As it was in the discounted stre i'm wondering if it's now been discontinued.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for the majority of the year and find it better than many brands I've tried (including Estee Lauder, MAC, and Loreal). It has reasonably good staying power, has descent coverage, and has SPF 15 protection. It can get slightly oily towards the end of the day, but I do not use a powder so that may address that issue. The pump bottle is hygienic, but the lid doesn't seem to click on the bottle easily and falls off. I have purchased this foundation a few times, and I do think it is worth the price tag considering I have purchased more expensive foundations and consider this to be a solid performer. However, I may try Christian Dior Forever foundation for a change to get something with more staying power.

UPDATE: After trying other foundations since I wrote this review I have upgraded the rating. I reapplied Intervene and it look flawless for a night out. I also had a photo of me taken wearing this foundation and it was one the best photos taken of me in that my skin looked great (thanks to this foundation). It does have pink undertones so you may need to be carefully choosing the correct shade for summer. I would highly recommend this.

on 8/24/2012 3:10:00 PM

This is the best foundation i have ever tried. It stay put the hole day and it just look like a perfect skin. No shine no grease just amazing. Try it!

I am 33 yrs old and after 30 my skin changed. Nothing covered without looking all caked. This product is the bomb! I absolutely love it. I had 2 photo shoots and in one I was wearing I think age rewind and in the other I was wearing Intervene. I couldn't believe the difference! The coverage was great and long lasting and cake free. When I showed my friends, one said, "Wow this looks like you (the pic using Interevine), and this could be your mother (the one using age rewind)!" That's how big the difference was. So far it's the best foundation I've ever used. The Flawless Finish is ok too, but I think Intervene the ultimate best!