Elizabeth Arden Intervene

Elizabeth Arden Intervene

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water/Aqua/Eau, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Mica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Silylate, Sorbitan Tristearate, PEG/PPG-8/18 Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Narcissus Tazetta Bulb Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Laureth-4, Laureth-7, Steareth-20, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Fragrance/Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 1/21/2008 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

So, I'm a total sucker for GWP.. and the winter blahs have kicked in fierce. So, off to the mall I go... This foundation is the bomb. Goes on easily ( with a finger or brush) The MA said to "push it into the skin". It disapears fast, and I can't even tell where I placed it, it blends it perfectly. Dries to a natural, matte finish. The pump bottle is perfect, I have a feeling that this will last for a loooong time. It made my pores almost invisible, and did not settle into my lines and wrinkles. ( I'm 51 years old, and a recovering sun-worshipper). Lovin this foundation so far.

on 1/23/2008 6:29:00 AM

I agree with previous review. I will add that it looks as good in the am as it does in the pm without a touchup. I have used all foundations, from the most expensive SKII to Milani at CVS, and I am surpised by Elizabeth Ardens since I don't usually care for this brand. I was at the counter because I do love their ceramide perfect lipsticks and I sampled this foundation and went back the next day to purchase. I wear it over Chanel's new primer and that makes a very natural finish for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been searching for the perfect foundation forver and this is IT, finally. It has such a smooth, light texture that I can hardly believe how good it made my skin look....smooth, soft to the touch and just about poreless. And it looks good all day. Not too bad of a price at $36, and with the pump top, it seems like it will last a very long time.
Me..47 years of sun worship, tyring to kick the habit, and work my way back. LOL.

I LOVE this foundation. As the other reviewers have said, it goes on beautifully, makes your skin soft withouth looking shiny, dries to a nice soft matte, colours are beautiful, doesn't sink in to fine lines. The only down side for me is that I think it may be breaking me out - but that's not unusual for me with foundation. I'm going to have to stop using it for a while, it's either that or a new moisturizer I'm trying. Also has spf of 15 (which could be why I'm breaking out!). Other than that, it is one of the most beautiful foundations I've ever tried, and I've tried alot!!! UPDATE: It was not the foundation that was breaking me out, it was the moisturizer. The bad news is that it dried my skin out terribly after a few weeks of daily wear, I went from loving the feeling of it to feeling tight and dry with it on. I reduced my rating by 2 lippies, it would be great for the right skin type, but as it is marketed to be moisturizing, it shouldn't have dried me out. Very disappointed!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best foundation that I've ever tried. It last as long as Estee Lauder Double Wear (which is what I previously used) but without the thick cakey texture/appearance. That being said, it also gives enough coverage to help cover up my blemishes and make me feel comfortable, but still has a very natural, almost "healthy glowing skin" look to it's finish.

I also have oily skin and it does wonders for my skin (it's oil free). But my friend with very dry skin loves this foundation as well.

I love this makeup so far and have tried almost everything from low end to high end products. At first the SA gave me Ceramide to try and it was too oily and heavy. I wanted a medium coverage that did not accentuate wrinkles and also smoothed out my pores. I have been very pleased with this as it seems to do both. Last week my hubby said my makeup looked really good! He has never commented on it before. I am also using EA prevage for face and eyes and my neice recently asked me if I had botox! That question has made me a believer in EA products. I also love the ceramide gold caps. Most people think I am still in my 40's and I will be 56 next month. Think I will stick with EA for awhile

on 2/20/2008 6:38:00 PM

I have the hardest time finding a foundation I like. But so far, I think I found my HG. It has a nice medium coverage (could probably be built up or down) and has the nicest finish -- not too matte but definitely not too dewey or greasy. But best of all is the color selection. Most foundations are either too yellow or way to pink/peach. I'm on the warm side so I bought Soft Sunbeige. It's the perfect warm/neutral (MAC NC25 but not as yellow but not as pink as NW25). I think it's probably the best color match I've ever had. I never would have guessed I would buy an Elizabeth Arden foundation. What a pleasant surprise.

I had my husband pick this up for me yesterday. One word for this foundation: LOVE. I applied it this morning at 7:00am at 4:00pm it still looked fresh. As another poster said, it's not to dewy and it's not to matte. It gives a nice soft finish. For color reference I'm NW20 in MAC, Buff in revlon Colorstay, and the color I got was 03 Soft Sunbeige. I have combination skin and this wore nicely all day even with no powder over it. This foundation gave me a nice medium/full coverage without any cakiness or mask like qualities. This also felt light on the skin. I will update if I get any breakouts.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My new HG!! The color is perfect on me - never had such a good match. The foundation smooths onto my dry/sens. skin easily and remains looking very fresh (non-cakey) all day. My skin actually looks great by the end of the day. A first! This doesn't dry out my skin like most foundations I've tried and it also doesn't become overly slick halfway through the day. Expensive, but the pump container is perfect and it is worth every penny. Been using for 2 weeks. UPDATE: Since I found BE, I've not planning on going back to a liquid foundation anytime soon! This would be the first one I'd re-investigate if I had to, though.

on 2/27/2008 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I checked the MUA top picks on foundation from time to time. Yesterday I noticed this item from EA suddenly popped up from nowhere, I was never interested in the EA stuff, but did some searching on the net & headed to the store. I am NC 30, GA 5.5, LM #4, I was tossing between the soft sunbeige 03 and the darker shade, which is soft beige. These are the 2 shades that looks yellow, those in between has some pink/peach to it. I bought the sunbeige, which is just a smidge lighter, but this fdn is forgiving & I usually put one thin even layer on. Unlike theatrical makeup, I don't believe in building the coverage with fdn, I will go over with concealer for spot coverage.
This fdn is every bit comparable to GA MSF, love the pump feature on both, I like the package better in EA better. One little tip of mind when shopping on fdn: since the undertone is most most important to me ie. be it yellow, pink/peach, beige. Therefore I always carried a piece of Ink-Jet paper with me & smear some fdn on it to watch for the undertone, I love it whenever I do that, the SA will go yack yack yack (they never saw that b4) ... I simply ignored them. Since the lighting in the store is artificial & ink-jet paper is perfectly white, I can easily identify the yellow tone & pick the shade (lighter or darker).
Oh, a nice satin-matte finish, may need a little powder on the T-zone, definitely will repurchase.
Update: I returned to get the 07 soft beige, Now I can mix 1:1 ratio to suit my skin & likely 1:2 in summer.