Elizabeth Arden Intervene

Filtered by age: 44-55
Elizabeth Arden Intervene

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water/Aqua/Eau, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Mica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Silylate, Sorbitan Tristearate, PEG/PPG-8/18 Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Narcissus Tazetta Bulb Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Laureth-4, Laureth-7, Steareth-20, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Fragrance/Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 6/11/2018 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Wanting a long-lasting, non-dewy formula foundation for the humid summer, I purchased EA Intervene in 'Soft Toffee' at a steep discount after watching a YouTube-r who demo'd it 'Soft Cocoa'. She appears to have a red undertone and 'Soft Cocoa' seemed to match, but it appeared a bit grey on her when photographed with a flash. I figured since I am about a shade lighter than she is, have a yellow/olive undertone, and it only has an SPF of 15, I could get away with the Soft Toffee. Wow, was I wrong --- It is perfect if you want a milk chocolate + Oompa Loompa look! EA's color charts are waaay off. Oh, the perils of buying foundation online, sight unseen and w/o pretesting... The color was just so wrong, I had to use my Temptu Pro color adjuster kit to correct both the undertone and shade (they worked), but find that the formula settles into lines I did not even know I had, and I have very few. It just looks dry and unflattering on my skin. You also need to work fast to spread it because it drys quickly. I used a damp beauty blender and that made the color and texture a little better, but not good enough. You need a really good moisturizer under this foundation. I am glad I spent minimal bucks on this 'experiment' as it will soon be discarded. I will save the pump from the bottle because it is a good one.

Color References:
Lately, I do not often wear foundation and my last splurge was a Prescriptives Custom Blend that matched my undertone and skin color perfectly. The problem with the Prescriptives CB is it is a bit too dewy. For light wear, I still use Stila Perfect and Correct in 'Warm', but it doesn't do much to cover flaws, and Becca Multi-tasking Perfecting Powder in 'Warm Honey' (a perfect match). I was matched to Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in 'Macao', but have not yet purchased it.

Wear:
Maybe EA Intervene in Soft Toffee could work for you if you have oily skin, but be prepared as you may need to 'fix' the color. It seems as if it would wear well and it does not transfer, but for me, the dryness on my combo skin and poor color match are not worth the hassle of color adjusting every time. Who has an orange skin tone?

Not sure how this color was approved by sales and marketing?!? Why can't these companies produce foundations that work with actual skin tones? This is especially a problem for women of color and for anyone who deviates from the standard color chart/scale companies use, as many of us still need to mix colors or simply give up on finding a near-perfect match. Why is it so difficult to find a foundation that has a finish between dewy and matte in a medium brown with a yellow/olive undertone?

on 3/14/2015 10:42:00 AM

I really liked this foundation it gave medium coverage and kep my combination skin matte. What a pity no longer available any suggestions for a replacement girls ☺️

on 1/10/2013 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I thought I would try this because I wanted something with a little more coverage,because I read they had changed my favorite BB foundation.It was fine when it was applied in the store but after using it for about a week the color has changed and looks darker. It also feels very dry on my skin,and makes me look older and has a wierd smell.I'm planning on returning this.

on 5/25/2011 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a beautiful, skin-perfecting foundation! To me, it performs like Armani or Chanel; it's undoubtedly high quality. Intervene lasts on my skin as long as MAC Pro-Longwear, but it doesn't have the flat, matte finish; and Intervene's finish is more flattering and contemporary looking on me. It adds some dimension, yet controls oil. It has a finish that gives a perfected, rather than natural look. Soft Beige is more "neutral" than "warm". I wish there were a couple more shades because Soft Beige is just a little too light, and not warm enough. It has such a beautiful finish on my skin I don't mind tweaking the shade by blending in a bit of other foundation and setting with bronzer or pigmented powder. If I do repurchase, I'll buy Soft Toast. (I'm NC35-37, C4). If you're looking for something to make pores disappear, you must try this foundation! This is what I use for an "airbrushed" look. It isn't as natural-looking as my favorite, Face & Body Makeup, but as long as I keep my other makeup light, it works very well.

on 12/23/2009 3:10:00 PM

This foundation will settle in fine lines and wrinkles making them more visible. Very drying-even on normal skin. Ladies-especially older with mature skin-avoid this and save your money. The best foundation for mature skin is Color Recapture from Olay. I know I've tried them all. This is the worst foundation I've ever used, period.

on 9/23/2008 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I think I am like the majority of people on MUA as I too love this foundation. I am quite fair skinned and the 02 soft shell is as close of a match as I can get, although could use a touch lighter. I find that if I apply less, the color seems more natural and not as dark than if I apply too much. I have somewhat oily skin and usually find that foundation doesn't last too long on me, but low and behold, Intervene held up to the test. I live in a climate that is very humid in the summer, and found no problems at all. A bit costly but one pump is all you need, and this usually lasts all day . So far, this is the best foundation for me. Who knows, I might read another review on here and decide to try something else , but for now, I think I will stick with Intervene.

on 4/21/2008 9:18:00 AM

I was directed to Eliz. Arden by a young SA, who said she used this foundation herself, and she was quite surprised she liked it so much as E.A. has a reputation as being for the matronly crowd. I am using this in the lightest colour, Shell. It is a bit more pink-based than I am used to but works well. I am over 50 with combo/oily spot-prone skin also prone to redness. Texture of this foundation is quite light and nongreasy and it applies easily. Coverage is medium but feels lightweight, color does not oxidize or turn orangey and this foundation doesn't seem to slide off midway through the day when my skin is oily. So far, no breakouts or problems.

It is only my third day so I may have to update but so far so good. I have very pale skin which tends to flush red. I am over 50 but not too wrinkly so I was a bit unsure when I sat down with the EA lady! She used a serum before she applied the makeup. to my surprise the lightest shade did not work, but 03 Sun beige did. She gave me a sample and I found that people were complimenting me on my skin (not a common thing!!!). So, I went back and paid 25 for this - I am sure you ladies get it cheaper in the US!- I love the pump - this is a real bonus. I moisturise, use my MAC primer and apply lighly. I only use one pump and that is plenty. It gives light feeling coverage which is what i am looking for. Usually I add a whisk of powder. So far, I am delighted with the look, the feel and the staying power. I will return after a few weeks to tell you if this changes.
UPDATE: still really good- I have to say if you prepare your skin and dont use too much it is really good. The best thing for me is that it is a natural look and the colour is a really good match for me.

on 3/16/2008 8:36:00 AM

Tried this foundation in Soft Beige, and while it looked like a match in the store and seemed to cover unwanted reddish undertones, the coverage didn't last past the drive home. I have normal/combination skin, and the began to feel like a chalky mask after less than an hour, and accentuated fine lines to a horrifying degree. This is advertised as having all kinds of good anti-aging stuff, but it made me look 10 years older in less than a couple hours because it highlighted tiny lines and offered zero moisture. I don't have particularly dry skin, so its crepe-y effect was rather surprising. Maybe it works for some, but not me. Too mask-y, too matte - it reminds me of the old Cover Girl cheap foundation, minus the Noxema smell. Definitely not a re-purchase. This is some nasty stuff.

I am really loving this foundation. My skin looked really good at the end of the day. It gives my skin a nice flawless look. The only trouble I am having is getting the right color since I live in California and they have taken most of the Elizabeth Arden cosmetic counters out of nearly every dept. store In Orange County. I talked to the corporate office and they said there wasn't much of a market here for this line here. I found this very strange. I hope I get the right color and it is not too much of a hassle exchanging this from ElizabethArden.com.