Elizabeth Arden Intervene

Filtered by age: 25-29
Elizabeth Arden Intervene

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water/Aqua/Eau, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Mica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Silylate, Sorbitan Tristearate, PEG/PPG-8/18 Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Narcissus Tazetta Bulb Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Laureth-4, Laureth-7, Steareth-20, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Fragrance/Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 2/26/2015 12:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am beyond devastated that this product has been discontinued. It is a wonderful foundation with added skin care benefits!
1. The bottle is a pump bottle; very sanitary
2. Application was flawless; medium coverage that seemed to instantly erase any imperfection without looking cakey. Dried as a satin-semi matt finish.
3. NEVER EVER broke me out
4. Did not transfer to clothing
5. Did not settle, separate, or 'sit' on the skin

It is my HG foundation and my last bottle just ran out. They are selling my color on Amazon for like $100. Its really sad. I wish they would bring it back.

on 12/18/2014 10:27:00 AM

Elizabeth Arden - Intervene foundation is a must have foundation I have always suffered with hormonal acne and could not find a perfect foundation until a friend recommended this one. I have repurchased this foundation more than 15 times and can't find anything that comes close to this. It's oil free non-acnegenic and non-comedogenic with SPF 15 it is medium to high coverage and is easy to blend on to the skin covers up blemishes and redness and acne well. In my opinion best foundation and highly recommend this.

on 12/14/2013 6:25:00 PM

This is my first review on MA, but I just had to do it for this foundation. This applies really smooth and feels a bit greasy when you apply but when it dries it's quite matte but does not look cakey at all. My skin tone is odd, I'm fair with rosy and olive undertones so most foundations don't suit me. I normally have to go lighter than my actual skin tone so it doesn't look orange or pink on my skin. In this I have soft shell which I believe is one shade up from the lightest and it works for me completely without washing me out like other foundations. If you have a skin tone like mine and find most foundations just don't work, try this one! Its shades have a different undertone from all the other foundations I have tried.

on 10/15/2013 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

My HG foundation! I love the packaging for some reason a lot of foundations don't have a pump, so I was glad this one does. Provides a nice medium to full coverage. It lasts all day, and every time I wear it I always get told how nice my skin looks. Makes you looked airbrushed! Defiantly will repurchase again, and again.

on 8/25/2013 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this for 11 off the website fragrance direct it arrived after 2 days I bought the shade soft sunbeige I'm a nc15-20 and I thought it would be too dark but it's a pretty good match its super blend able feels amazing on the skin considering its full coverage I can't even feel it and it doesn't look cakey at all it dries to a satin Matte finish lasts all day there is nothing negative I can say about this foundation and I will repurchase when I run out

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for the majority of the year and find it better than many brands I've tried (including Estee Lauder, MAC, and Loreal). It has reasonably good staying power, has descent coverage, and has SPF 15 protection. It can get slightly oily towards the end of the day, but I do not use a powder so that may address that issue. The pump bottle is hygienic, but the lid doesn't seem to click on the bottle easily and falls off. I have purchased this foundation a few times, and I do think it is worth the price tag considering I have purchased more expensive foundations and consider this to be a solid performer. However, I may try Christian Dior Forever foundation for a change to get something with more staying power.

UPDATE: After trying other foundations since I wrote this review I have upgraded the rating. I reapplied Intervene and it look flawless for a night out. I also had a photo of me taken wearing this foundation and it was one the best photos taken of me in that my skin looked great (thanks to this foundation). It does have pink undertones so you may need to be carefully choosing the correct shade for summer. I would highly recommend this.

on 9/22/2010 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really don't like this foundation. I looks really good just after it's been put on, but it goes blotchy and uneven soon after application. It's not the most expensive foundation I've ever bought, but certainly not worth the price.

on 6/29/2009 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am not a big fan of liquid foundations but do tend to wear them for special occasions. The colour Soft Sunbeige is the perfect colour match for my NC20-25 asian skintone!! I love the fact that it's lightweight yet provides great coverage and doesn't feel masky nor does it become chalky. In fact, my skin looks radiant and very natural. Plus it's very long lasting!! I also love the pump bottle and one pump is more than enough to cover my face. I usually apply this with my fingertips as it provides more coverage with a natural look. Definite repurchase. EDIT: Noticed that whenever I wear this I get little fleshy bumps. Stopped using it due to this reaction.

on 3/28/2009 4:45:00 PM

I have to say, after trying and testing a lot of foundations over the years, this has to be one of the best i've had. I've been using it for about a year now, and although i have strayed, i keep coming back to this, as nothing else compares. It does everything you need it to, the coverage is very buildable so you can have it sheer if you have great skin already, or for those like me who have slightly larger pores and a few blemishes, the coverage can be built up to hide spots and even out skin tone. It has never made me break out and it does say on their website that this foundation is non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic as well as being oil free. It has never sunk into my pores and as long as i moisturise well before applying it, then it never dries out my skin! It's my little gem!

on 3/15/2008 10:41:00 AM

I LOVE this foundation!! I bought after reviews on here and am so glad that I did!! I wanted a foundation that looked natural, covered my occasional acne flare ups and didn't turn into a grease pit after an hour on my oily skin...and this is it!

The texture is fab (liquid and doesn't feel thick) but it goes onto the skin amazingly and blends like a dream! The best bit is that it doesn't feel like I have foundation on, but the coverage is good. I put on one layer and then extra over my problem areas, but it doesn't feel heavy on my skin...feels like there is nothing there! Makes my skin look healthy and stays matte for most of the day (helps if you set it with powder). Would totally recommend this foundation!

*EDIT* Found that after a while it looked a bit TOO matte and a bit mask like on the areas that i put on extra coverage. However, is still a good foundation, but not quite my HG yet