3.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

I bought this product since it was advertised as 'Organic' and I always love the sounds of natural, organic products though I don't normally use them, so I thought I'd give this a shot. This moisturizer is really runny and a little goes a long way. My skin definitely felt moisturized after using this and I had no irritation whatsoever. I didn't find that this moisturizer had really good coverage but since I was planning on using a powder foundation over this, that wasn't a problem. One thing to watch for is that this product is scented but I found it a very relaxing smell- kind of like aromatherapy. I wouldn't recommend this to someone to use in replacement of a foundation, but if you were planning on using it as I was (under a powder foundation) this does the job just right.

About reviewer (300 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

8 years ago

I was very pleased with this product. I'm currently experimenting with tinted moisturizers, and found this at Target. It's a little above average in pricing at $11 but I got it in this 2-for-1 deal, so I figured it'd be worth it. One thing that drew me in was the short ingredients list. I thought to myself, "Fewer ingredients, less chance of breakouts!" And the fact that it's supposed to be extremely organic (like it claims) helps as well. When I first used it, I was very surprised at the runny texture. A lot of people said it was really watery, but I think that that's an exaggeration. It clearly states on the bottle to shake up the product well before use, so that's what I make sure to do every time. The color matched me quite well, but it's not too hard to find my particular shade in a lot of skin products. It's VERY moisturizing. It leaves a very dewy look to the skin that I wouldn't call "greasy". I usually just set it with some powder, and it's perfectly fine. As a lot of you probably are guessing, I don't think people with rather oily skin would benefit from it. The smell of the product doesn't bother me at all. It reminds me of lavender in a weird, sort of earthy way. The scent disappears rather quickly when applied, so it shouldn't be an issue. One thing I don't appreciate is the packaging. Sure, it's cute. Yeah, it's very fitting to the entire advertising of the "organic" theme. But is it practical? No. Because of the products semi-runny texture, I found myself accidentally spilling out too much at a time. I REALLY wish it had a pump, otherwise I'd have absolutely no complaints. Overall, I quite enjoyed this tinted moisturizer, and have probably found my "HG" product.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

I was looking for something inexpensive with at least SPF 15 without parabens and found this. I thought the coverage would be too thin for me but SURPRISE--not too bad. You have to shake the tube first. I use a bit less than a dime-size squeeze and you know--dot it all around moisturized and primed face and blend. It covers all but the worst red spots which I get with cover-up afterward. It does not dry my face out either like many foundations do. Sqeezing it out of a tube means it's not going to get contaminated but the tube itself is not to write home about. But what can you expect for the price?

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

I purchase this product (on a whim) at Target for $10. This product has a buildable coverage, but not full on will cover blemishes coverage. Although it is a very thin liquid initally, it is very difficult to blend into the skin (which is easily remedied by applying a primer/oil mattifier to the face before applying the moisurizer). I am an NC 45 so if I build up the coverage too much, I will look like there is pale sheen/cast on my face so I apply a thin/sheer layer (more for the benefit of the SPF 15 than for the coverage. If I want more coverage, I add concealer to the areas I need and finish with MAC MSF Natural. In short, if you're fairer, I would suggest this product if you're looking for lighter (but buildable) coverage with the benefits of the SPF 15 protection. Just remember to apply a primer/oil mattifier before the moisturizer for a smoother application. If you're darker like me and you insist on purchasing this product, apply a primer and a thin layer of the product to avoid the pale sheen/cast.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Other

from

9 years ago

I like this stuff. It has a good sheer coverage, but can be layered for medium coverage. It doesn't streak or melt off, and it doesn't break me out. It's smell is offensive (like strong herbs), but once you get it on the smell fades and then you won't even notice it anymore. It doesn't cake, doesn't feel heavy and it's definitely not even close to the orange side.. i don't know why people are saying it is. I guess this wouldn't be fantastic if you were looking for complete coverage.. but then you might want to look for a foundation instead of a TM. Would I buy it again? nah, I got it in a 2 for 1 deal.. which was good.. 7 $ for each really.. but this will last me a long time, and by the time I finish both tubes there will be something out there that's better than this that I will want to try out.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2.0

9 years ago

I was so excited to buy this product because I really enjoy some of the other Physicians Formula concealers, etc. I'm still trying to find my HG in TM or foundations. I've yet to do so. When I first applied this, it went on nicely. But after awhile it began to burn. I thought it was just me. But the next day, immediately when I applied it, it was worse. Because it was 'organic', I thought it was going to be wonderful. I was wrong. I had to to return it. I have extremely sensitive skin & this was brutal for me.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

1.0

9 years ago

I'm super torn on this. I was getting some itchy, patchy, flaky skin recently and decided to switch to all-natural makeup to see if it cleared up. I thought this TM would be a good thing to try out, since it's easy to find. First of all, I love the smell. I'm weird. It smells like a health-food store, not like perfume. The color is also good, not orange on me. The consistency is weird, even for a TM. It's VERY watery. After some experimentation, I found that you have to shake it a lot and also only use a LITTLE. Furthermore, it works better in conjunction with PF's concealor (I use the duo with one regular and one green side). I use a few dots of green on my red spots, a few dots of fair over top of the green and also anywhere I have dark splotches that aren't red, then smooth on the TM. For me, it's important to followup with a good powder. And while the effect is okay-ish after that, it's not perfect. It's not a look that will last all day. I like that it has SPF in it, but I'm still really torn about whether I'll buy this again. One day this week, there was so much product slippage by the end of the day that I felt like my eyes were somehow greasy. :( I will buy again if I don't find a good organic alternative, though. My patchy skin has cleared up thanks to this stuff. I just think it's perhaps not designed for what I'm trying to use it for. UPDATE: I had to take off two lippies and decide to discontinue usage. After several weeks of decent to good results, this stuff actually started giving me almost daily whiteheads all around my mouth, chin, and neck. I subtracted this product from my daily routine, and the whiteheads cleared up practically overnight. Thus, I must conclude that there's something in this that, over time, causes my skin to become very sensitive. This is a real shame, because now I'm scared to try any other item in this line, and I really want to turn my cosmetics regime into a fully organic one. Oh well. :(

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3.0
from

9 years ago

This stuff is ok. It's a good color, it evens out my skin tone without looking at all like makeup, and it's organic with spf. By the way, the spf definitely does its job, cuz my whole body is tanned but not my face and this is all I put on it. Actually that's really annoying lol. I've stopped using it regularly. I really only use it if my skin is having a bad day. The main reason I'm not a big fan of this stuff is because it doesn't take long at all to have a killer sheen on my face with this stuff. I mean it is oils, so it gives you an oily shine. Like we're talking you touch your face and you need to wash your hand. It's gross and it looks silly. Bottom line is that the small difference in skin tone isn't worth the shine or the price.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I love this tinted moisturiser. My holy grail of holy grails. I love the natural look and the feeling of using natural ingredients. This stuff works as well as a lightweight foundation and gives the perfect dewy look. PROs: -provides a dewy look that is not greasy. -lightweight coverage. -natural ingredients. -easily available. -not a cake-y or greasy look. CONs: -no pump. -bit watery. Overall I recommend this. I wear this basically all year round. I love this stuff. I went through 3 bottles already of this stuff.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGray

1.0

9 years ago

I recently bought the Organic Wear tinted moisturizer in Light to Natural and I must say, I am extremely disappointed. This is absolutely the worst product I have ever used and a complete waste of $11. The product's consistency when coming out of the tube is like that of water. There is no coverage what so ever once applied, and when smoothed over the skin it looks as though someone just rubbed oil over the entire face. This product makes your face look and feel like one big greasy mess, and does not absorb over time, but rather stays feeling greasy. I would not recommend this for anyone unless your going for that greasy orange look.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair