Cetaphil Cetaphil Daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Lotion For Dry Sensitive Skin

Cetaphil Cetaphil Daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Lotion For Dry Sensitive Skin
Cetaphil Daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Lotion For Dry Sensitive SkinCetaphil Daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Lotion For Dry Sensitive Skin

3.9

Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Macadamia Nut Oil), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ceteareth-20, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Farnesol, Sodium PCA, Panthenol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide.

If you have sensitive and/or acne-prone skin, beware! I purchased the big pump bottle of this because they didn't have the smaller tube version available at my drugstore. The lotion is really sticky and tacky and never fully dries. Even when using a small amount, the lotion didn't sink into my skin and instead just sat on top of it causing my skin to look shiny and my hair to stick to my face. The lotion did seem to hydrate quite a bit, but the fact that it made my face shiny and sticky was gross, and after a few days of using it, my skin started to break out. I tried using this as just a hand or body moisturizer, but the feeling of the lotion just sitting on my skin making it sticky was unsettling; no thanks!

on 12/31/2016 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Honest review. Improved packaging has made a positive impact on how long the product keeps. Very hydrating. Moisturiser distributes easily and requires less rubbing in compared to its competition. Less is more with this product. Ingredients, from what I can see, won't impact on self-tanning formulations and will be effective in extending the duration of the tan. Although this product claims to be appropriate for both face and body, I would not recommend using this moisturiser on the face unless the skin is truly too dry for other products (possibly as a result of retin-a, roaccutane or a chemical peel post-operatively). It is simply too emollient rich. Furthermore, I believe this product is better suited to those who shower at night than those who shower in the morning. I base this claim upon how the product feels from hour to hour. In the initial hour of using the product, there is a distinct 'hydration' period akin to the feeling of the skin during humid weather. This may not be comfortable for all consumers. I'd recommend using this product to consumers living in dryer climates, or for during the winter months.

on 11/19/2016 7:54:00 AM

Might be the unpopular opinion here but this lotion did cause white heads after 1 month usage and left a film on my face. Also don't find it as moisturizing as other creams I own. Stop immediately before any major breakout, applied as hand cream instead.

I didn't have a good experience with other cetaphil products as well. Big tub body lotion can be easily replaced with something more effective, and their facial cleanser / soap is NOT MILD at all, strips away moisture like no other. The worse part is I have normal, clear skin which had no problem with any other products in the past years. Can't imagine how people with sensitive skin use these. Just disappointed as they are quite expensive for drug store goods.

on 11/15/2016 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I bought a bottle of this, a bottle with the green pump, earlier this year on a whim. Not used anything by Cetaphil in ages. What got me on this was the shea butter and macadamia nut oil since my skin doesn't get along well with mineral oil. Before applying to my face I mix this with glycerine free rosewater,since I've found that glycerine is extremely drying if the humidity in the air is lower than 60%, and some essential oils for germ killing. I've noticed that this lotion keeps my skin moist and smooth and fine lines are lessened greatly. I do have to make sure that I exfoliate a few times a week to prevent breakouts and if I keep up with that then my skin gets along with this product. Hemp oil mixed in as well keeps the oil in my pores from getting hard and causing clogs. The panthenol in it keeps my skin hydrated and heals up any redness or irritation. Half a pump covers my face and neck very well. Good product and will keep using as long as my skin gets along with it!

on 10/27/2016 5:46:00 PM

Felt soothing, but left me with pimples:(

This product was very soothing for my skin. It has macadamia nut oil. It looks greasy but quickly soaks in. There is no scent, and my hands and body are happy with this lotion.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This cream is as essential for my sensitive skin as oxygen is to humans! I've always tried "weaning" myself off Cetaphil but I always always come back to this because this is the only fool-proof option for my face. I lather on a generous splodge at night before bed, and about a pea dollop's worth in the morning before my makeup routine.
The price is unbeatable! It also absorbs quite quickly and does not leave a sticky residue on my skin, as my face is quite oily as well.

on 4/27/2016 10:31:00 AM

I loved this moisturiser. It's perfect for my sensitive skin and a little goes a long way. Although if applied too much can be a little greasy. I use it every day before applying my make up, and it never breaks me out. I get dry patches of skin, especially if I have previously broken out and had to use a harsh face wash and this moisturiser keeps my skin on an even keel. It's not overly moisturising but its not drying either and doesn't cause me more spots. I have combination skin, so if your looking for something lightweight for everyday use. I highly recommend this product. Great price too.

on 3/19/2016 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

It is non-irritating, but not that moisturizing. It has almost a watery texture once you rub it in. I like this for its lightweight texture, but doesn't seem to do a whole lot for my dry patches. It is quite nice to use liberally after a chemical peel is healing, but looks greasy if you put too much on.

on 3/4/2016 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I came across this product after seeing positive reviews of it on youtube and from word of mouth. Then I came across it on here and was happy to see that it had such a high amount of positive reviews.

So I purchased it, and was throughout dissapointed. While it somewhat soaked into the skin the rest of it sorta didn't. I live in a rather humid climate so it's very dewy and feels gross during the day and it also makes my skin very sensitive and red.