NARS Cosmetics Greek Holiday

NARS Cosmetics Greek Holiday
Nars Greek HolidayGreek HolidayGreek HolidayNARS Greek Holiday gloss

4.3

on 6/7/2013 1:29:00 AM

This came with the nars love rite set i ordered online. Its a trial size mini. Like some reviewers said its a sheer champagne color. Typically this smells like all nars lip glosses, like chemicals. I apply this over nars belle du jour and i love it. Its so natural and sheer and modern looking even with simple makeup. I like the sleek packaging.

PS I wouldnt re-purchase the deluxe size individually tho`. I find it cheaper to buy nars makeup sets, also i get to test the mini size samples/variety products in the set before investing further.

on 9/14/2011 9:52:00 AM

Expensive, but beautiful, gold shimmery gloss with a hint of champagne pink on my C4/NC30 Asian pigmented lips. I wear alone for a hint of nude shimmer or over any shade of lipstick and it enhances, not alters, the lipstick color, by adding texture and shine. As other reviewers mention, Nars Glosses do stink; they smell like play-doh! But the color is great, the texture is smooth with slip (not super sticky), and it lasts about as long as you'd think with a gloss (an hour, tops). I would definitely buy this shade again as it is a great neutral layering gloss so it's versatile and "worth" the $24 pricetag and I have yet to find a DS dupe.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Greek Holiday is a nice shimmery/nude color. I prefer to wear this everyday as a simple wash of color over my lips, over my Viva Glam Gaga 2 lipstick, or pack it on a little more for a bolder look. One thing I don't like is that sometimes the glitter can get out of control and wander outside my lips, also as you may know. The NARS lip glosses have no particular scent to them, however as time passes by they get this....band-aid/rancid smell,it's not over powering enough for me to throw away,but you can definetley smell it in the tube. Overall, I love the color and the quality, but I hate the price.

on 6/28/2010 2:49:00 AM

This gloss is just pure luxury & gorgeous color! The color is a peachy, bronze that looks amazing worn alone or over top a lip color (try it over Nars Honolulu Honey). It's got tiny glitters in red, green, and gold in it - you've gotta really look hard under a bright light to see them all!

It gives warmth to the lips because of the bronzey tones in it and the gold shimmers really add dimension. Imagine a more sheer, not as opaque version of the Nars Orgasm lip gloss & you've got Greek Holiday. It retails for $24 at Sephora.

It's a good color to add to your lip gloss arsenal & because of it's versatility in how it can be worn, you'll get a lot of good use from it.

on 5/10/2010 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

The best parts about this l/g are the color and the texture.

This is a pretty goldish color that compliments my NC30 skintone. It goes with pretty much any color eyeshadow. It's suitable for work as a neutral lippie as well as nights out when paired with a smoky eye. I could see this color working well on most skin tones. It does have a shimmer to it.

I don't find the texture to be as sticky as other l/g like Lancome juicy tubes. The gloss feels thick when applying to my lips, and it stays on for a while as long as I don'' drink or eat anything.

I got this color in a set with 5 mini l/g - Orgasm, Striptease, Dolce Vita, Turkish Delight, and Greek holiday. This is the one I would like to rebuy.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Just a gorgeous, healthy nude shimmer and a perfect lip gloss. Nothing else to say - it's beautiful and will definitely be buying it again.

Really pretty nude with golden flecks...shimmery and lovely. I like to put it over top of NARS Fantasia lip liner and it is soooo pretty!

on 12/4/2009 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like the color and the shimmer of this lip gloss. It's super natural but with lots of shimmer in it. It instantly makes your lips pop! And you can wear this when your makeup is natural or smoky! There isn't much color, just a very sheer pinky coral color which looks nothing on the lips when applied and i think it looks almost the same as dior addict ultra-gloss- pink stiletto

At first, I was unsure how sheer this product would be. Although it was sheer, it still had a nice neutral peachy pink shimmer. The glitter to this is very pretty. But when you rub your lips together, you can actually feel the pieces of little sparkles and glitter.

on 12/29/2008 12:31:00 PM

This product seriously gives the illusion of pout y lips. I can't get over it. Maybe it's the sparkles... the tiny minuscule glitters. Not as glittery as dazzleglass by mac or the chanel glossimers. In fact, even smaller glitter chunks than mac lipglosses. The texture isn't sticky at all. It's like any other NARS gloss.Some NARS glosses have that plastic scent (hello, turkish delight) but this one doesn't plus its tasteless. Both qualities I seek not only in lipgloss but make up in general. I do use this quite often. It's great for holidays to perk u up with instant glamour and great for events because it photographs beautifully. I will repurchase because i'm in love with greek holiday! But seriously... pout y lips. BAM! Pic http://www.makeupalley.com/account/pic.asp/page=1/pagesize=1/c=/k=/u=dotix/