NARS Cosmetics Greek Holiday

Filtered by hair type : Other
NARS Cosmetics Greek Holiday
Nars Greek HolidayGreek HolidayGreek HolidayNARS Greek Holiday gloss

This lip gloss provides a fabulous golden, nude sheen. I wear it alone or with a more neutral colored lip stick. I love that it goes with everything and that I can wear it without worrying about the coloring (very universal). I gave it 4/5 because it doesn't last very long and because it smells like a band-aid. Overall, the color and consistency win over and I'm on my second tube! This is pretty much my HG lip gloss.

on 6/28/2010 2:49:00 AM

This gloss is just pure luxury & gorgeous color! The color is a peachy, bronze that looks amazing worn alone or over top a lip color (try it over Nars Honolulu Honey). It's got tiny glitters in red, green, and gold in it - you've gotta really look hard under a bright light to see them all!

It gives warmth to the lips because of the bronzey tones in it and the gold shimmers really add dimension. Imagine a more sheer, not as opaque version of the Nars Orgasm lip gloss & you've got Greek Holiday. It retails for $24 at Sephora.

It's a good color to add to your lip gloss arsenal & because of it's versatility in how it can be worn, you'll get a lot of good use from it.

on 11/4/2008 4:48:00 PM

It is meant to layer upon other lipsticks or lip glosses, especially nice upon some bright red with hint of coral. It totally transforms other lip colors into something fun with those complex shimmering gold, peachy, pink, and red freckles. I am wearing it with indian red lip stain now. Very pretty. I think its shimmer is prettier than moon fleet but they are quite similar.

on 3/8/2008 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i'm NC40. black hair, brown eyes, for reference. greek holiday looks horrible alone on my lips; HOWEVER, when i applied it on top of NARS' lipstick "sexual healing," it looked fantastic! i would only buy greek holiday paired with sexual healing.

on 2/23/2008 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I usually love Nars lipglosses, but didn't really like this gloss. In the tube (or swatched on the hand), it's a gorgeous peachy-pinky irridescent color. But on the lips, it barely shows up, texture is too emollient and thin. Wish the pigmentation was better, but this is just like buying one of MAC's lustreglasses.

on 1/30/2008 6:10:00 PM

I finally got to the counter at Macy's to try this product. My sephora still doesn't have it in yet. I am in love - this is such a great lipgloss. The texture is nice and light - almost similar to a glossimer or the prescriptives moonbeam but a little sheerer.

It does smell a teensy bit like plastic so that is why I gave it a 4. The color is amazing -- it is a warm shimmery gold with almost a pink tinge to it. I find it to be a cross between simmer juicy tube and pin-up glossimer but sheerer and more glittery (but not chunks of glitter). It is such a beautiful color - it definitely took away my winter blahs and made me look more radiant/awake. I can't wait to keep using it into the summer as it would look amazing with bronzer. The SA told me it looks great over the belle du jour pencil but I didn't try it.... I could see it layering very nicely over lipsticks though but I think it looks so nice on its own.