NARS Greek Holiday

4.1

on 1/1/2011 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Greek Holiday is a nude lipgloss with gold shimmer. On me, it appears coral, leaning slightly orange, and sheer so it looks great on top of nude lipstick. The problem is that it resembles my Mac Instant Gold lustreglass too much, and Instant Gold is actually much better. I returned this and got a Chanel Glossimer lipgloss instead because the color is not special enough to justify the $24 price tag.

on 12/20/2010 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Wish it had a brush honestly. I hate mixing my lipstick in with my glosses container once i use it on the wand. Just like i wish Mac Lipglass had a brush applicator. Nars Greek Holiday i a great gloss, it is NOT sticky surprisingly. The glitter is not noticably gritty on ur lips, it is multi demensional which looks great alone or over a light lippie is how i wear it. It is pricey at $24 a pop, I do think you can definately dupe this one.

on 10/26/2010 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Awesome! I LOVE this lip gloss. I find it to go on smooth and I love the feel, it's not sticky and it leaves little tiny sparkles on your lips...so after it's starting to wear off, it looks like you still have some gloss! I'm a lip gloss addict...I put it on quite frequently, so I know I will be rebuying this shade again. It can be hard to find at Sephora, I'm not sure if they don't get alot of it in or if it just sells out quickly. I know I found it at a department store...but I can't remember if it was Nordstroms or Saks.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I purchased this in Selfridges. I was originally looking at Turkish Delight, but the SA very kindly said he thought Greek Holiday would be better for me and I was in love as soon as he applied it! I purchased it on the spot.

This gloss is nude but defined with a subtle glittery shimmer (but don't be put off because I said that, the pieces of glitter are teeny and don't show up unless you're like an inch away from it). The result is polished, expensive-looking and groomed, and looks fab with lashings of smoky eye makeup.

It stays put well for hours and you get a lot of gloss for your money, so it is worth it. I love this, it is a go-to gloss for me.

Major thumbs up.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Eh, not a fan. I didn't like the scent, taste OR the price. Heh. I have very lightly pigmented lips, and this didn't add much but a little sparkle to my lips. In fact, it kinda washed me out a bit, it's a little too frosty for my skin tone. I think a warmer toned person would look great in this. I wanted to love it, but my cool toned pale skin didn't. *sigh*

on 4/6/2008 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i really love this gloss. It has a nice shimmer and it goes great over a nice lipliner or a lipstick. I would buy again when i run out.

on 3/8/2008 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i'm NC40. black hair, brown eyes, for reference. greek holiday looks horrible alone on my lips; HOWEVER, when i applied it on top of NARS' lipstick "sexual healing," it looked fantastic! i would only buy greek holiday paired with sexual healing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a sheer shimmery golden pink. It doesn't have enough color for me to wear alone on my unpigmented lips, but it adds a pretty golden sheen to whatever lip color I'm wearing. While I was a little disappointed in the pigmentation, this a wearable shade that would suit pretty much any skin tone.