NARS Cosmetics Greek Holiday

NARS Cosmetics Greek Holiday
Nars Greek HolidayGreek HolidayGreek HolidayNARS Greek Holiday gloss

3.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Greek Holiday is a nice shimmery/nude color. I prefer to wear this everyday as a simple wash of color over my lips, over my Viva Glam Gaga 2 lipstick, or pack it on a little more for a bolder look. One thing I don't like is that sometimes the glitter can get out of control and wander outside my lips, also as you may know. The NARS lip glosses have no particular scent to them, however as time passes by they get this....band-aid/rancid smell,it's not over powering enough for me to throw away,but you can definetley smell it in the tube. Overall, I love the color and the quality, but I hate the price.

on 12/29/2010 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to love this gloss but the smell turns me off so bad. The formulation and color is amazing but I just cannot bring myself to use my Nars glosses so they have all been swapped away. The color is almost sheer, like a golden sheer with glitters. Not over the top glitter though. This gloss is not sticky whatsoever which for me is a plus. This gloss is not unique in any way, shape or form and for the price I want something no other brand makes. I will not repurchase this or any Nars gloss again.

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

My HG lipgloss. Perfect formula. Gives lips a subtle radiance with a hint of golden pink/peach and a slight finely milled glitter when the sun hits. Perfect nude lipgloss to wear alone or over a lipstick. I wear alone and feel it gives my lips a "I didn't try to hard to look glam but just am" kind of look... Perfect everyday gloss. Although, it looks equally stunning with a dramatic eye for a night look. Worth the price tag!

on 5/10/2010 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

The best parts about this l/g are the color and the texture.

This is a pretty goldish color that compliments my NC30 skintone. It goes with pretty much any color eyeshadow. It's suitable for work as a neutral lippie as well as nights out when paired with a smoky eye. I could see this color working well on most skin tones. It does have a shimmer to it.

I don't find the texture to be as sticky as other l/g like Lancome juicy tubes. The gloss feels thick when applying to my lips, and it stays on for a while as long as I don'' drink or eat anything.

I got this color in a set with 5 mini l/g - Orgasm, Striptease, Dolce Vita, Turkish Delight, and Greek holiday. This is the one I would like to rebuy.

on 12/4/2009 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like the color and the shimmer of this lip gloss. It's super natural but with lots of shimmer in it. It instantly makes your lips pop! And you can wear this when your makeup is natural or smoky! There isn't much color, just a very sheer pinky coral color which looks nothing on the lips when applied and i think it looks almost the same as dior addict ultra-gloss- pink stiletto

on 5/25/2009 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this lip gloss! This is my first NARS product ever. It has a slight pink color and it has gold shimmers. The only setback is that the sparkles stayed on my lips when I tried to take it off with a tissue. I don't think that happens when it naturally comes off though. The NARS make up artist put this lip gloss on after this bright pink lip pot type thing--the combination was very nice.

I said I wouldn't buy this product again because of the price. Too expensive.

on 7/14/2008 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is my new favorite gloss because it is a beautiful color and it is not sticky.

on 2/27/2008 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I couldn't get this product to show up on my at all. I've tried it on top of liner, lipstick, lipbalm and it looks shiny...that's about it. According to the previous reviewer who mentioned that people who couldn't get this to show up probably had 'dry, shriveled lips' I can assure you this statement is not accurate. I have very healthy, flake-free, non-shriveled lips and this still didn't show up. It is definitely not worth the price.

on 2/27/2008 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This stuff is hella expensive, but I still love it. I notice people have a hard time getting it to show up on their lips, but I think this is probably because they have dry, shriveled up lips to begin with. Your lips have to be healthy before you even consider putting lip gloss on! I used to have the same problem complete with very thin lips, but after finding a quality lip balm to put under the lip gloss my lips are about 3 times as thick and pigmented as they used to be. I use the lip balm from perfectcomplexion.net because I once received it as a sample and have been buying it ever since! Back to the lip gloss... The color is absolutely beautiful and shiny without being obnoxious or cheap looking. The texture is lovely and there is absolutely no foul smells (that I can smell at least). I LOVE THIS COLOR!!!!!