NARS Greek Holiday

4.5

on 4/12/2012 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

While the colour is beautiful, I want something with less shimmer/sparkle. I find Buxom's Amber to be a close dupe.

on 9/14/2011 9:52:00 AM

Expensive, but beautiful, gold shimmery gloss with a hint of champagne pink on my C4/NC30 Asian pigmented lips. I wear alone for a hint of nude shimmer or over any shade of lipstick and it enhances, not alters, the lipstick color, by adding texture and shine. As other reviewers mention, Nars Glosses do stink; they smell like play-doh! But the color is great, the texture is smooth with slip (not super sticky), and it lasts about as long as you'd think with a gloss (an hour, tops). I would definitely buy this shade again as it is a great neutral layering gloss so it's versatile and "worth" the $24 pricetag and I have yet to find a DS dupe.

on 10/26/2010 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Awesome! I LOVE this lip gloss. I find it to go on smooth and I love the feel, it's not sticky and it leaves little tiny sparkles on your lips...so after it's starting to wear off, it looks like you still have some gloss! I'm a lip gloss addict...I put it on quite frequently, so I know I will be rebuying this shade again. It can be hard to find at Sephora, I'm not sure if they don't get alot of it in or if it just sells out quickly. I know I found it at a department store...but I can't remember if it was Nordstroms or Saks.

on 8/27/2009 10:43:00 AM

My new favorite lip gloss. A nice slightly shimmery neutral gloss - I think it would look good on anyone. Makes your lips look healthy and glam. Get it :)

on 7/14/2008 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is my new favorite gloss because it is a beautiful color and it is not sticky.

Nars glosses aren't cheap, but I love each one that I have. Greek Holiday is no exception. This peachy/nude-gold gloss has quite a bit of glitter in it, so beware if glitter is not your thing. However, it never seems OTT to me, and I'm not even a glitter fan.

Occasionally I wear this alone, but what I really love is to layer just a bit of this gloss over lipstick. It gives you that bit of shine, esp. over matte lippies, and a hint of shimmer. I probably use this gloss 4 days a week, and love how it makes my favorite lipsticks look even prettier!

Big yay for Greek Holiday, which I will definitely buy again!

on 3/8/2008 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i'm NC40. black hair, brown eyes, for reference. greek holiday looks horrible alone on my lips; HOWEVER, when i applied it on top of NARS' lipstick "sexual healing," it looked fantastic! i would only buy greek holiday paired with sexual healing.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the best glosses NARS has made! It's a lighter formula than other NARS glosses and is non sticky but still long wearing. The shade is very complex, a mix of beige, peach and pink but still sheer though very buildable to a good nudish color. It reminds me in a way of Becca Bellini but way more complex in the shimmer/sheen of the whole thing. It almost has a beigey, golden, peachy/pink flash on top of the existing color and the shimmer is even harder to pin point. It has very, very small mirco shimmer that seems to be peach, gold, pink, red and I swear I see green if I look hard enough but it's done in a way where none of it is so pronounced that you look at the gloss and can definitively say it is this and this because everything is done so subtly that I even put my glasses on to figure out if I was really seeing the green micro shimmer which is very sparse but there. I had to get a second opinion on the shade and my SO says it is a rose champagne and that is true too. I think the NARS description is sparkling pink sand, I swear it's a gorgeous color that you will get lots of use from. I think it looks great on it's own and it's incredible over any lipstick. My favorites to top from the Spring collection are Belle de Jour (it transforms this already great color into the best nude lip look ever) and Success lipstick. It even helps me tone down Manhunt enough to be wearable for my coloring. Overall this is a great gloss and is in my top three NARS glosses which are Greek Holiday, Moon Fleet and Stolen Kisses (which is also part of the collection in the gloss/stain duo with Pampa). Love it and cannot say enough good things about this gloss it's very unusual, super wearable and absolutely GORGEOUS!