One 'n Only Shiny Silver Ultra

One 'n Only  Shiny Silver Ultra

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This little cheap bottle is a staple for light haired and chemical blondes. I bleached my hair from black (about 10 years of wearing black dye) to platinum, and had quite a bit of brass and dye build up to deal with. My hair was wrecked, and I needed to strip out silicone prouduct build up, brass and keep moisture in. This $4 bottle at Sally's did the trick. Violet shampoo for bleached blondes can run pretty expensive, and not last as long, but my naturally platinum blonde daughter with shoulder length hair, and I also with shoulder length used this bottle in a month! I used it in conjunction with TIGI's Dumb Blonde reconstructor. I'm very pleased with it, and the price. Much more gentle than Shimmer Lights shampoo. One N Only could seriously use an update of their packaging, but the clear bottle really helps you know how much you have left. I like that. Wise purchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this shampoo and conditioner. I can't attest so much to its toning abilities as I am a brunette. However, it does help to keep my brown hair a nice ashy shade with minimal warm tones. What I really love about this shampoo is how it makes my hair FEEL. After rinsing the shampoo out it almost feels like my hair has been conditioned, it's so smooth and silky. The conditioner is just the cherry on top, both are really great. I love how my hair feels so soft and fluffy after using the shampoo, clean but not stripped of moisture. The conditioner really helps to detangle my *insanely* difficult-to-detangle hair. Rarely can I run a wide tooth comb through my long, thick, dry hair in the shower (always with conditioner in, of course), but with this stuff it's a cinch. Couldn't recommend this stuff more! I can only imagine how much more I'd love this if I was blonde.

I like to tone my hair. I believe it's a level 11 so I need up keep. My hair goes brassy really fast I'm a natural blonde but have always had red or gold undertones which I've never been fond of. I've always liked that ashy Icey blonde shade. I used to use Shimmer Lites but it was soo drying. I didn't mind the smell or drying of my hair. I figured it was worth it for the results.:( Enter Shiny Silver and my view totally changed! After the first time I used this the yellow and brass was gone or better than it was!

The actual product itself is a purple coloured shampoo in a regular bottle. But it turns to a normal lather as you massage it in. Also this is much less drying then shimmer lights there is some conditioners in it. I deep conditioned after I used One N Only Argan deep conditioner and my colour looks so nice! The areas that were the brassiest look great! The yellow tones turned almost white I'm just so happy! I can see with continued use that I will get it to the shade I desire. I will be buying this because it works faster than any of the toning shampoos I've tried and I've tried so many. This smells fine as well the scent isn't super strong and it tones so well. Recommended!

on 3/30/2015 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a cheaper alternative to Shimmer lights! Its purple so it removes some brassy tones & refreshes color pretty well. It works if this is what you need it for.

Tips:
-Coconut oil before bleaching to protect from damage! Best the night before, do not rinse out!
-If your hair is very orange or rusty toner will NOT work, you can do a bleach bath to liighten a few more stages & it isnt as damaging! OR use a lower volume for longer.
-If your in a pinch you can also put a few drops of blue food coloring in your white shampoo/conditioner to neutralize the brassiness. Wash as usual.
-Also Ardell red/gold color corrector is .59 at Sallys & when mixed with dye helps a lot! I use it everytime i use box dye for touch ups

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

BEST SHAMPOO (holy grail) I HAVE EVER TRIED. I had severely damaged hair, it was brassy and I had been dyeing my naturally blonde hair dark brown and had to bleach it to go back blonde which left my poor hair feeling like straw. I tried a TON of products to heal it, including high end brands like Redken and low end like Garnier and Dove. I was using a Dove shampoo that I am TOSSING after I realized the effects the One n Only shampoo had on my hair from just ONE use. I was just amazed. Brassiness is GONE, my hair is healed and I also had this problem of oily roots but dry ends and this eliminates that. Even in the shower my hair doesn't feel like straw and how other shampoos make it feel. I have very fine, fragile hair and this left me with NO frizz and TONS of body. I have tried tons of products from the One n Only line and they have never let me down. All hair products from Sally's Beauty Supply have always performed 100 times better than anything from salons or drugstores. I will never stray from this shampoo because it does everything I want a shampoo to do. I do pair this with the Zotos Miracle 180 treatment, also at Sally's, and these two products are a miracle for my hair.

on 10/16/2014 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This product does not remove all brass. I had bleached my hair but it was quite orange/brassy.. rust colored! I could not bleach it again because my hair was damaged. I toned it.. still looked orangeish.. then i died it lightest ash blonde still looked brassy. This shampoo has made all the difference and my hair is now a medium blonde. I don't know what i would do if they stop making this. I was not able to purchase the conditioner so right now im just using an oil. I was told not to use another conditioner as it may put some yellow into my hair.

on 5/11/2013 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this! It smells like VS Sweet Temptation from back in the day!!

So after dyeing my hair last night to a sandy blonde color I had a little bit of brass going on. I used the Clariol Shimmer Lights shampoo and used this conditioner right after.

I could tell the Shimmer Lights helped with toning down the brass initially but OMG after putting this conditioner on and then finally rinsing it out I could tell even more of a difference!!! it worked amazing and my hair was soft!

This conditioner is awesome!!!!! and the scent is to die for! YUM!!! this will be a staple for me as long as I'm going a little (maybe more) blonde!! =D

on 3/3/2013 9:34:00 PM

I have bleached platinum blonde hair. Everytime I dye my roots I will lather and leave this on for over an hour. It never made hair purple, only took all the brassy gold out at the roots! Keep in mind I only use it on the goldish parts of my roots..I love this way better than Shimmer Lights which really dried out my hair, smelled bad, and left me purple. This shampoo is great to help tone!

Spent a lot of money getting blonde? Find your hair dry and fading? use this!!
this will keep your hilights sparkling and your hair soft and touchable.
A bit pricey, but worth it after investing in a quality hilight job

Got this at Sally. A bit pricey, but so worth it! I had spent a fair bit of money getting my hair hilighted and this shampoo and conditioner have kept it going soft and strong and blonde!
I wanted my colour to last and it has! totally worth it!

Popular Shampoos