Mary Kay Powder Perfect Eye Color - Misty Pine

No Image

1 review

on 1/20/2008 10:11:00 AM

I was searching for a true dark pine green eyeshadow on the cool side to line my grey-blue eyes, preferrably matte. After being disappointed with dark green kohl eyeliner pencil and Milani Clover, I decided to do an eBay search, and voila! Two of these came up with actual photos of the pans in decent lighting (not stock photos) so that I was able to get a pretty good idea that the color was dark enough and cool enough.

On eBay, I paid less than $5.00 for the medium-sized, rectangular pan (not the bullet-shaped pans), which was enclosed in a pink plastic well in order to fit in some Mary Kay compact. Depotting this shadow turned out to be the biggest challenge, and I found I had to chip it in order to get a grip on the actual metal pan with jeweler's pliers in order to get the sucker out! Then I found that the pan is actually deeper and thicker than standard e/s pans! Rrrgh. I have to place it in the middle of my ELF palette (dividers removed), and even then, the palette will not completely close.

All the depotting trouble was worth it because it is the perfect cool-toned, matte, dark green shadow with excellent pigmentation. It's just a pain to store, is all. If this came packaged this in standard-depth pans or even round pans like MAC, UD, Milani, etc., I would have given this 5 lippies! I'd buy it again for the color and quality, though, and I am not a Mary Kay fan, at all. The other problem is that this is discontinued and only available occasionally on eBay. RATS!