Sally Hershberger Supreme Head Shampoo for Wavy Hair

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
No Image

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

There really aren't that many products out there formulated for wavy hair, so when I saw this I really wanted to try it. While it did a decent job enhancing my waves, my hair felt really dry after using it. I was so disappointed because I really wanted to like it and it smells great, but I think I am going to try something that will be more moisturizing. However, I still want to try the other wavy hair styling products from Sally Hershberger. Hopefully i'll have better luck with them!

on 7/4/2011 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I get this at Big Lots for $2.00 love the fragrance ( wished it was also came in body lotion), but most of all I love what the shampoo does to enhance my waves. I do not use the shmpoo with its matching conditioner, but use clariol Nice & Easy conditioner instead---I find these 2 products work best together on my hair.

on 12/12/2010 10:22:00 AM

Love love love love! I got this for 5$ at my local Ocean State Job lot, STEAL, considering I think its about 10$ more. I love to use this with the conditioner aswell, I think they work the best that way. The smell is amazing, like I just came home from the salon. It actually made my hair a little bit more manageable! Going to buy backups soon. Can't go wrong for 5$!

on 4/21/2010 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love it! My hair is thick and wavy and complicated. This shampoo and conditioner combo makes my hair soft, shiny, and more manageable. Plus I love the smell!

on 1/23/2010 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Love this shampoo and conditioner! It leaves my hair so incredibly soft and silky. Absolutely no dryness or frizz! I noticed that my hair still looked freshly washed 3 days later. I found this on clearance and liked the idea of trying a pricey shampoo and conditioner for a couple of bucks. Had I known it would work so beautifully I would have gladly paid more! I went back and bought every bottle they had as I think it's being discontinued. Would highly recommend trying this if you find it. I do find that it works best if I use the shampoo and conditioner rather than one or the other. Really LOVE this stuff! And the smell...YUM!

on 3/21/2008 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I highly recommend this product (along with the conditioner and the other styling products from this line) if you have wavy, healthy hair that doesn't need too much conditioning. I have normal, colored hair that's cut short with lots of layers, and I have had a lot of success with this line -- the scent is fantastic, very "beachy" yet not to sweet, and the shampoo/conditioner textures are wonderful. The shampoo lathers well, (yeah, I know that I should stay away from the sulfates, but I like them), and the conditioner has an almost whipped consistency. I have also found that the shampoo and conditioner do not harm my hair color, either. But again: if you prefer a heavy-duty conditioner, you might want to try another line...as for me, I will be sticking with the Sally Hershberger products. The quality is imppresive, and the line is very well thought out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have thick, naturally wavy hair that is also chemically colored on a regular basis. When I heard about the wavy line from Sally Hershberger I got really excited, most shampoos dry out my hair and most conditioners weight it down.
The shampoo and conditioner are each about 11 dollars, which I think is pretty much what you're paying for, its not super-high quality, but its not crap either. It smells absolutely delicious, kind of tropical and coconut-y. If you aren't a fan of sweet scents this can be really overwhelming because the fragrance stays in the hair.
This is a supremely gentle shampoo and it works well for my hair, I'm not sure if its suitable for thin hair though. In conjunction with the conditioner this makes my hair super wavy and defined My only major complaint is that it doesn't do much for the frizz so I have to put a little bit of silicone-based styling product in while it is drying.