Sally Hershberger Supreme Head Shampoo for Wavy Hair

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

3.2

on 12/12/2010 10:22:00 AM

Love love love love! I got this for 5$ at my local Ocean State Job lot, STEAL, considering I think its about 10$ more. I love to use this with the conditioner aswell, I think they work the best that way. The smell is amazing, like I just came home from the salon. It actually made my hair a little bit more manageable! Going to buy backups soon. Can't go wrong for 5$!

on 4/21/2010 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love it! My hair is thick and wavy and complicated. This shampoo and conditioner combo makes my hair soft, shiny, and more manageable. Plus I love the smell!

on 3/21/2008 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I highly recommend this product (along with the conditioner and the other styling products from this line) if you have wavy, healthy hair that doesn't need too much conditioning. I have normal, colored hair that's cut short with lots of layers, and I have had a lot of success with this line -- the scent is fantastic, very "beachy" yet not to sweet, and the shampoo/conditioner textures are wonderful. The shampoo lathers well, (yeah, I know that I should stay away from the sulfates, but I like them), and the conditioner has an almost whipped consistency. I have also found that the shampoo and conditioner do not harm my hair color, either. But again: if you prefer a heavy-duty conditioner, you might want to try another line...as for me, I will be sticking with the Sally Hershberger products. The quality is imppresive, and the line is very well thought out.

on 1/29/2008 12:37:00 PM

I must confess that my hair is naturally about as wavy as a broomstick. Most shampoos either turn it into a greasy mess or tangle it mercilessly. This shampoo smells nice, lathers well, and cleans and conditions to the point that I don't need the conditioner (which is good, because the Walgreens I went to didn't have any). I feel badly that the previous reviewer didn't like hers, since I enjoyed this more than I've enjoyed a shampoo in a long time. Maybe it should be labeled "For People Who Want Wavy Hair But Don't Actually Have It."

ETA: All that nice stuff I said earlier? I take it back. After two weeks of using this, I was running for my Redken All Soft. It turned the formerly chemically dyed bottom of my hair (I switched to henna a year ago) into brassy straw. Maybe you need the conditioner, but I'm not going to go running to find it. I still like the smell, but that's it. I'm docking it several lippies.

on 1/19/2008 10:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I think I found out about this in a magazine somewhere so of course I had to run out and buy it to try it ASAP! (it's sold at Walgreens btw). The line has three different formulas for different types of hair and it also includes styling products. The first thing that got me from the start was how yummy the shampoo smelled almost beachy or coconutty...mmmm (I also go the conditioner and hair primer which I'll review as well). I took a shower as soon as I got back and was disappointed w/how the shampoo left my hair it felt straw like and tangled-Their claim to fame on this one: It contains Supreme Wave-Enhancing Complex to create voluptuous curves-whatever that complex is just didn't work for my naturally curly hair. It promises a lot but I didn't feel it delivered and for some reason whatever they added to "define the wave/curl" is doing the opposite it's more like tangling it up and leaving it like a broom. I am not sure who will like this all I know is that I didn't.

Popular Shampoos