Sally Hershberger Supreme Head Shampoo for Wavy Hair

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

2.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have thick, naturally wavy hair that is also chemically colored on a regular basis. When I heard about the wavy line from Sally Hershberger I got really excited, most shampoos dry out my hair and most conditioners weight it down.
The shampoo and conditioner are each about 11 dollars, which I think is pretty much what you're paying for, its not super-high quality, but its not crap either. It smells absolutely delicious, kind of tropical and coconut-y. If you aren't a fan of sweet scents this can be really overwhelming because the fragrance stays in the hair.
This is a supremely gentle shampoo and it works well for my hair, I'm not sure if its suitable for thin hair though. In conjunction with the conditioner this makes my hair super wavy and defined My only major complaint is that it doesn't do much for the frizz so I have to put a little bit of silicone-based styling product in while it is drying.

on 1/29/2008 12:37:00 PM

I must confess that my hair is naturally about as wavy as a broomstick. Most shampoos either turn it into a greasy mess or tangle it mercilessly. This shampoo smells nice, lathers well, and cleans and conditions to the point that I don't need the conditioner (which is good, because the Walgreens I went to didn't have any). I feel badly that the previous reviewer didn't like hers, since I enjoyed this more than I've enjoyed a shampoo in a long time. Maybe it should be labeled "For People Who Want Wavy Hair But Don't Actually Have It."

ETA: All that nice stuff I said earlier? I take it back. After two weeks of using this, I was running for my Redken All Soft. It turned the formerly chemically dyed bottom of my hair (I switched to henna a year ago) into brassy straw. Maybe you need the conditioner, but I'm not going to go running to find it. I still like the smell, but that's it. I'm docking it several lippies.