Wet 'n' Wild Mega Glo Illuminating Powder - Catwalk Pink #345

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/29/2016 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Catwalk Pink is a MegaGlow illumininating powder that I purchased a couple of summers ago. I still use this one all the time. This is a palette of 4 shades, a golden illuminating/highlight color, a pale pink, a pretty tan shade and then the deep rose/bronzey color. The strips of color are wide enough that you can dip your brush into a single color, if you want to and your brush is not too wide or full. I love this powder so much that when over the course of time and use, the two darkest colors shattered, and even though I have a drawer full of highlighters/blushes, I had to pull out some isopropyl alcohol and try to restore it to it's former pressed powder state. That's a true sign of a great product, when rather than tossing it out I'm trying to salvage it and use every last bit. This is a $4 item, but it is well loved and not easily replaced even with a drawer full of other brands and colors. I have fair skin and this one works well as a bronzer, a blush, and a highlighter/strobing for me. They do not sell this in the stores any more but I did find a back up for only $4.54 on Amazon. Yay for Amazon! This is a really nice little set and although it's slightly powdery it doesn't kick up a lot of dust and it's been well worth the $4 I paid for it. I have similar products from NYX, Two Faced, Nars, and Benefit, but I reach for this little number over all of those. Yes, it's that good. The colors don't wear down evenly though and the darker ones are the softest and the first to reach pan while the pink shade barely has any dents in it and the other 3 are all down to the pan. I think the pink shade is simply a denser packed one and it doesn't pick up as easily on the brush. These all have a slight shimmer to them, but aren't garish or too young for my mature skin. I really don't know exactly what it is about this little powder that makes it so special and makes me reach for it over the higher priced name brands, it just has that special something and looks great on my skintone. I'm uncertain why they stopped making these, but I suppose to keep the market fresh and keep consumers feeling like they need to buy the newest latest products. Yes, please! I am going to Amazon right now and picking up a back up, it's that good.

on 8/24/2016 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know why this is overhyped. Don't see much shimmer or highlight or pigment from this product. Feels naked and transparent. Maybe it's me.

To Read all 98 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/22/2016 8:20:00 PM

I love this. I'm not crazy about a lot of highlighters, but the colors are beautiful and shimmery in this compact and feel very silky. I use it as highlighter or as eyeshadow. The stripes are large enough where you could get individual colors to use as eyeshadow (how I prefer to use it in that context) -- with its four shades of a pinky-peach, pale pink, rosy coral pink, and a bronzy pink -- or with a smaller brush to pick up a certain color for a highlight along cheekbones, etc. Blended together they make a very pretty, subtle pink. The $5 price tag is great, too, and even better considering you can often find it on sale at drug stores.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is such a fun product for me. The opportunities for use are seemingly endless. Yes, this works as a highlighter (on me I just use the lighter half but on darker skin the whole compact would be lovely). Yes, this works as a blush. Yes, this works as an eyeshadow palette if they're used individually. And finally, if you're lighter skinned and use just the darker shades, it's a bronzer. Let your creativity lead you.
Personally I LOVE pink so this stood out for me in a big way, but if you're of a cooler toned complexion the rosiness of this might not appeal to you. When taken all together, this is a nice golden pink shade that gives your face a pop of life. Even if pinks not your thing, I would still give it a chance because honestly this is good quality, and a lot of product for I think $4 or so. Even if this doesn't work as a highlighter it could be useful as a blush or eyeshadows.
The powder goes on smooth and shimmery but NOT that bright, wet looking metallic shimmer that gives the Tin Man a run for his money. No, this is subtle but can be builded upon. WnW you've come a long way, baby.
Personally their packaging isn't an issue for me. I've had powders break in the past from more upscale brands and, if you're taking any powder along for the ride that's the risk you run. This powder has never broken on me and the container has never come undone. I think their packaging gets the job done and might not have shelf appeal but as mama said, it's what's inside that counts!!

on 7/27/2016 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very nice inexpensive product. Wet n Wild has really come a long way and this product is a good example of it! It leaves a beautiful glow and a hint of color on the face. The sheen is light and soft, no chunks of glitter or deep pigments. I think this would work on a range of skin colors and tones. I recommend trying this out.

on 7/27/2016 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Ummmmm.... WOW! This stuff is beautiful and kind of took me by surprise. Actually, it really surprised me. I actually loved it so much I went on the search to buy a back-up and have yet to find it because it is sold out everywhere. Boo to that.

About me - Combo skin with dry patches and oily nose, eyebrow area. My cheeks do have larger pores so applying highlight can be a bit of a struggle without making me look like a walking version of the moon's surface. I have cool undertones and am pale af, so let that be known, but please don't let that hold you back from this stuff as it seems to be also suitable for WOC and truly exceeded my expectations for $4.

Details - this product has 4 color tones in one single pan. Due to my ghostliness I avoid the last two shades as they turn out looking more bronzer-esque than highlight. But because of that I'd say this product is versatile and great for WOC. Yes, it is more pink but not in an overly noticeable way and because it has a tad bit of a warm gold shade, you have some flexibility. Overall, this highlight would do well for normal 'day' makeup and would suit just about any shade of skin. What surprised me the most was the blurring affect it had on my skin - something I had never really seen from a highlighter.

Texture - I wouldn't really say that the formula is buttery, in fact initially it just seems to be very fine and disappear when you rub it. I wouldn't call it chalky, it just is very light. However, the texture somehow translates to flawless blending and extreme ease of use.

Payoff - It's real. This stuff does take a bit to build up so yes you could argue that it doesn't have the greatest payoff however, its more that it initially looks very natural so if you want that blind your eyes shine like I do, it takes a little more swiping. I had the best luck using my fingers which doesn't make a whole lot of sense (and I usually hesitate using my fingers because of the oil factor which combined with powder can hurt the product) but it works fine with a brush and I use both my fingers and a brush when applying to really focus in on certain areas. I don't know if what I am saying makes sense, but just trust me that there is a good amount of color payoff from the product with little effort.

Wear - What I loved the most was that after application the powder seemed to meld with my face so that wherever it laid it blurred my skin's texture and stubbornness. No worries that the stuff was sitting on some old acne scars, you'd never even know because the powder just made everything look gorgeous. I almost wanted to bathe myself in the stuff but considering how hard it is to find I practice restraint. In terms of wear longevity, well, its okay? I think the wear time can be improved but it costs $4 so I can't expect that much from it. Especially considering how much it rocks in every other category.

Price - I want to say I paid $4.50 for it at CVS but online it says $4.99 so I don't know what to tell you. Just expect to pay $5 and you should be fine.

My only thing is I wish they had more color options- not because the color doesn't suit me but because I loved it so much I want more! It has a lot of gold for a gal with cool undertones so I'd love to have something cooler to mix in. With ABH coming out with moonchild and their other glow kits, the color options in highlighters seem to be expanding. I think WetNWild has a real opportunity. Plus, Even though I have cool undertones, I do love me some bronze or peachy highlight. Yes, this palette has gold, but I think the brand can come out with a full peach, and just maybe a purple-blue (like ABH moonchild) palette. Just saying.

I loved this product and think its great for any makeup lover - whether beginner or expert. Yes, it comes out of the drugstore but I think the performance is on par with high end brands out there and worth every penny if not more.

on 7/19/2016 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Loving this highlighter. I have it in Catwalk. I love it that its a big pan, the same size as the contour one. Its super pigmeted and the colors are so beautiful. It goes on smooth and perfect pop on your face.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I love the new formula of this. You get several different highly pigmented strips to play with each for a different occasion. They're very sparkly with a little glitter, I got excited swatching them. I realllllly love the last gold color on the far right, it gives you a naturally glowy look. Yes there is a bit of fallout but I don't care because I love sparkles and I wanna sparkle anyways. Great value, really glad I took a chance on this.

I have been using the first 2 strips as a highlight, I am pretty pale and it doesn't show up too much just as a slight glow when then sun hits it. It was very cheap and sometimes I prefer to layer the highlight with another so I get that BAMM effect. It is pretty though, a pale champagne pink tone. I do wish that the strips were bigger or even came in individual as its a a pain in the ass at 530 am when im half asleep trying to put on a highlight

on 3/12/2016 12:52:00 AM

Yet again, wet n wild has reformulated their products! lol. I've never owned the previous ones but I did pick up this new packaged one today. Photo just uploaded along with a photo of swatches. The gold and light pink are my favorite. The very first color does not show up on me at all. Gold has a lot of pigment. UPDATED REVIEW: after using it a few more times, it just doesn't show up on me. And it's covering my face with fallout. I just don't prefer powder highlighters. They never seem to stay in place. I'm going to look for a stick/cream highlighter. Plus it was $4.99.. Not the best price. Oh well, worth a try.

Popular Blush Products