Wet 'n' Wild Mega Glo Illuminating Powder - Catwalk Pink #345

Wet 'n' Wild Mega Glo Illuminating Powder - Catwalk Pink #345

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

First of all I will talk about the packaging which everyone here dislikes and say I love it a lot. It's nice you guys I don't know what everyone's talking about.
Okay so that's out of the way I wanna talk about the actual product and talk about how I dislike it. The last shade is beautifullll, but the rest on skin tones darker than nc35 are going to notice ashiness if that makes sense. It's more powdery rather than actual stuff that highlighters are made of lol and aside from that deep bronze shade I don't really like it as a highlighter to be honest. It's also really subtle, and when I say subtle I mean so subtle you don't know anything different is on your face until your in the perfect lighting and angle and all the planets have aligned perfectly and your cheek is slanted at the exact direction of the trajectory of the rays of light required for the sun to hit and then you can see there's a little bit of a luminosity on your cheekbone.

At least it's nice as an eye shadow, works well that way.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Im not sure if I got a bad one but at first I was gorgeous. Super pigmented and nice shimmer. However, after I used up the first layer of the product, underneath it was like the highlight disappeared. I am now left with dull, almost matte shades.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am too pale for most highlighters, and after spending years looking for perfect matte blushes only, I did sort of laugh at myself for buying one. However I saw some interesting reviews and I figured the cost wasn't too prohibitive to try it. I was looking for a different Wet N' Wild highlighter at the time and this palette caught my eye, especially with the new packaging.

The two right shades are probably better off for night wear, but they are all pretty and the two left shades are definitely wearable on pale skin for daytime. I like to swipe over with a very small stipple brush, then swoop over the cheekbone very gently. For a super light look I just tap the brush into the product and against my cheek. There is some slight chalkiness and fallout, but I still like the effect of this and I don't think it's too glittery. There are probably better products for heavy or all over face highlight, but like the name implies, it's a nice illuminator for smaller areas.

Pros: Pretty shades, nice range of colors, can be applied both heavy and light, colors mix well, not too much glitter, great price and it blends out well.

Cons: Colors may not suit all skin tones, a little chalky, some fallout, glitter will still be visible after blending.

on 11/24/2016 1:33:00 AM

For the price this wasn't all bad The pigmentation was OK not the best but it's workable and blendable

on 11/23/2016 8:23:00 AM

I had the older packaging one which comes with a screw cap. The whole dome dropped out after three uses which made me so sad . I intended to use it as a face highlighter and contour but the Colours were weird for my skin tone and the small strips made it hard to use and pick up the correct Colours . I tried it as an eyeshadow ( the 2 darker shades) and it was so gorgeous . Super nice bronze shades which surprised me as I seldom suit such colors . I would repurchase as an eyeshadow as the Color was very nice and was very well pigmented and very easy to control the Color . I recently bought the darker version of this and its wonderful too !

on 9/29/2016 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

To be honest, I don't really see what the fuss is all about with this product. I find it to be pretty average all over the board. It has four vastly different shades; a warm shimmer, a light matte pink shade, a matte dark pink/plum shade and a bronze shimmer. It kicks up a lot of powder when picking up product, and it's far from creamy in texture. The pigment is average at best, and the shimmer isn't as fine as I'd like it to be. It kind of falls into the category of products that act both a blush and a highlighter - but doesn't perform either task all that well.

+ Cruelty free
+ The stripes of different shades are wide enough to allow you to comfortably pick up just one shade at a time
+ The price
+ Nice shade selection

- Chalky/powder-y/very dry in texture
- Could be more pigmented
- Cheap packaging is to be expected at the price, but I hate the tacky screw on lid so much
- Verging on being glitter instead of shimmer/highlight

It's just a big old meh product to me. I won't toss it, but after trying to get into it I've started to reach for it less and less. I obviously won't repurchase.

on 8/29/2016 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Catwalk Pink is a MegaGlow illumininating powder that I purchased a couple of summers ago. I still use this one all the time. This is a palette of 4 shades, a golden illuminating/highlight color, a pale pink, a pretty tan shade and then the deep rose/bronzey color. The strips of color are wide enough that you can dip your brush into a single color, if you want to and your brush is not too wide or full. I love this powder so much that when over the course of time and use, the two darkest colors shattered, and even though I have a drawer full of highlighters/blushes, I had to pull out some isopropyl alcohol and try to restore it to it's former pressed powder state. That's a true sign of a great product, when rather than tossing it out I'm trying to salvage it and use every last bit. This is a $4 item, but it is well loved and not easily replaced even with a drawer full of other brands and colors. I have fair skin and this one works well as a bronzer, a blush, and a highlighter/strobing for me. They do not sell this in the stores any more but I did find a back up for only $4.54 on Amazon. Yay for Amazon! This is a really nice little set and although it's slightly powdery it doesn't kick up a lot of dust and it's been well worth the $4 I paid for it. I have similar products from NYX, Two Faced, Nars, and Benefit, but I reach for this little number over all of those. Yes, it's that good. The colors don't wear down evenly though and the darker ones are the softest and the first to reach pan while the pink shade barely has any dents in it and the other 3 are all down to the pan. I think the pink shade is simply a denser packed one and it doesn't pick up as easily on the brush. These all have a slight shimmer to them, but aren't garish or too young for my mature skin. I really don't know exactly what it is about this little powder that makes it so special and makes me reach for it over the higher priced name brands, it just has that special something and looks great on my skintone. I'm uncertain why they stopped making these, but I suppose to keep the market fresh and keep consumers feeling like they need to buy the newest latest products. Yes, please! I am going to Amazon right now and picking up a back up, it's that good.

on 8/24/2016 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know why this is overhyped. Don't see much shimmer or highlight or pigment from this product. Feels naked and transparent. Maybe it's me.

on 8/22/2016 8:20:00 PM

I love this. I'm not crazy about a lot of highlighters, but the colors are beautiful and shimmery in this compact and feel very silky. I use it as highlighter or as eyeshadow. The stripes are large enough where you could get individual colors to use as eyeshadow (how I prefer to use it in that context) -- with its four shades of a pinky-peach, pale pink, rosy coral pink, and a bronzy pink -- or with a smaller brush to pick up a certain color for a highlight along cheekbones, etc. Blended together they make a very pretty, subtle pink. The $5 price tag is great, too, and even better considering you can often find it on sale at drug stores.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is such a fun product for me. The opportunities for use are seemingly endless. Yes, this works as a highlighter (on me I just use the lighter half but on darker skin the whole compact would be lovely). Yes, this works as a blush. Yes, this works as an eyeshadow palette if they're used individually. And finally, if you're lighter skinned and use just the darker shades, it's a bronzer. Let your creativity lead you.
Personally I LOVE pink so this stood out for me in a big way, but if you're of a cooler toned complexion the rosiness of this might not appeal to you. When taken all together, this is a nice golden pink shade that gives your face a pop of life. Even if pinks not your thing, I would still give it a chance because honestly this is good quality, and a lot of product for I think $4 or so. Even if this doesn't work as a highlighter it could be useful as a blush or eyeshadows.
The powder goes on smooth and shimmery but NOT that bright, wet looking metallic shimmer that gives the Tin Man a run for his money. No, this is subtle but can be builded upon. WnW you've come a long way, baby.
Personally their packaging isn't an issue for me. I've had powders break in the past from more upscale brands and, if you're taking any powder along for the ride that's the risk you run. This powder has never broken on me and the container has never come undone. I think their packaging gets the job done and might not have shelf appeal but as mama said, it's what's inside that counts!!